October 19, 2009

A Little Helpless

Can I ask you guys a favor?

Earlier this afternoon, I was sitting in the emergency room. Mia is sick and I'm scared shitless. More scared than I thought I ever could be (I'm not just saying that for the blog, for drama). It's a nice hospital and all the doctors and nurses are fantastic but sitting there waiting for her to get back from an x-ray, all I wanted to do was to pick her up and take her in my arms and run as far and as fast as humanly possible to breathe air into her little lungs and make everything okay. Which it's clearly not because - again as I was sitting there - alarms in other people's rooms were going off and people were talking about splints and H1N1 testing and broken ankles. This is a binary situation to me - it's either all good or just plain bad.

Backing up. Beth took Mia to the pediatrician this afternoon after a bout of troubled breathing. This led to the emergency room which has, in turn, led to a hospital stay. The prognosis is good but that doesn't stop me from being terrified. Terrified, like every nerve-ending simultaneously buzzing like you imagine it must have felt when Kirk and Spock beamed down to a planet in the transporter, when they got all sparkly just before they disappeared completely. Beth and Mia are staying at the hospital tonight. I'm home with Owen, who is now asleep. I miss my girls. I want them home. But I'll hope for a night of recovery so that I can welcome them home tomorrow. In the mean time, you damn well better believe I'll be sleeping on Mia's Little Mermaid pillow.

So, that favor. Could you guys think some positive thoughts for my little girl? I know it didn't work out all that well on that Big Work Thing but, hey, it can't hurt to try again, right?

Posted by Chris at October 19, 2009 8:00 PM
Comments

Oh that's scary. I'm sending extra good vibes Mia's way (and your and Beth's way as well - to help you guys through what is probably a much rougher experience for you guys as worried parents than it is for the Unsinkable Mia Bean)!

Hang in there, Chris!

Posted by: erin at October 19, 2009 9:01 PM

Prayers coming your way. Try to get some sleep. You may need it.

Posted by: Christy at October 19, 2009 9:08 PM

I am definitely sending all my good thoughts your way. I know she'll be fine soon.

Posted by: donna at October 19, 2009 9:09 PM

Oh no! My good vibes are headed your way. Hope tomorrow dawns and you get your (healthy) girls back.

Posted by: Shelly at October 19, 2009 9:12 PM

Mia (and you, Beth, and Owen) have my best vibes and a big hug.

Posted by: Alison at October 19, 2009 9:14 PM

Thinking good thoughts your way from Canada. Hang in there, Cactus-Fishes!

Posted by: m. at October 19, 2009 9:16 PM

How terrifying. I hope that she is on the mend and you are all in our thoughts. It is amazing how parenting can make you feel as if some of your nerves are exposed all the time.

Posted by: Kate at October 19, 2009 9:24 PM

Prayers, good thoughts, and karma sharing all being sent to you, Mia, and the rest of the fam.

Posted by: Catherine at October 19, 2009 9:31 PM

Sending tons of positive and healing vibes to Mia and to the rest of the family. Poor little bean, and poor mom and dad.

Posted by: Lise at October 19, 2009 9:36 PM

Ugh. I am sorry. We had some scary moments with Matthew last week with this snarly cough and he could not breath and I just brought him to bed with me for three nights because I kept having this imagine of him in bed not being able to breath or tell me that he could not breath and I stopped myself there and just brought him to bed because beyond that thought it just scared me. Of course by the time I took him to the doctor he was mostly better. Hang in there and I will send to positive get well thoughts your way.

Posted by: Christina at October 19, 2009 9:36 PM

Here's a truckload of positive thoughts for Mia and the whole family.

Posted by: Carey at October 19, 2009 9:38 PM

ABSOLUTELY ALL MY GOOD JUJU IS COMING YOUR WAY.

I hope that Mia is feeling better in no time, and that she's able to come home soon.

(And sending hugs to you and Beth because it's so hard for parents when our kiddos are sick!!)

Posted by: Sarah at October 19, 2009 9:40 PM

So sorry to hear Mia is sick. I can't imagine anything scarier. You are all in my thoughts!

Posted by: Shannon at October 19, 2009 9:43 PM

Chris, I'm sending all the good vibes and prayers I can to you guys! I know how scary and helpless you are feeling. Much love to all of you!

NAMG

Posted by: NotAMeanGirl at October 19, 2009 9:43 PM

Sending lots of positive juju your way and plenty of hugs for you, Beth, Miabean and Owen.

Posted by: Country Girl at October 19, 2009 9:43 PM

I did something better than think positive thoughts. I prayed to God for her.

Posted by: Knot at October 19, 2009 9:44 PM

Croup?
Younger Son had it at age 4.
Our ER visit included the guy in the next bed dying. How nice.

I was Beth and spent the night in the hospital with the boy while The Husband was home with Elder Son.
As someone who has literally been there, Chris, let me tell you, Beth is rocking the house with your little girl. Mia twitches in her sleep, Beth is on it. Mia is in such good hands, you can relax and sleep enough for the three of you, okay? (Owen seems to be doing alright for himself.)
Beth has everything under control tonight. But she'll need you tomorrow because she'll be tired, 'k?

Posted by: Roses at October 19, 2009 9:49 PM

Oh, no! You'll definitely be in my thoughts. Let us know when we can stop worrying with you.

Posted by: Becky at October 19, 2009 10:01 PM

You've got all the good thoughts I've got. I hope that Mia feels better soon!

Posted by: Hope at October 19, 2009 10:06 PM

I'll think about her this evening, and when I check on my sleeping babies tonight I'll give her my last and best thought of the night.

Heal up quick, Mia. Kids don't belong in hospitals.

Posted by: Brad at October 19, 2009 10:13 PM

I will keep her in my prayers. Hope everything turns out well.

Posted by: Jeff A at October 19, 2009 10:14 PM

sending good thoughts. i know it will all work out and mia will be home soon.

Posted by: jeanne at October 19, 2009 10:20 PM

All my thoughts to Mia and I just sent Beth a text. Please let me know if you guys need anything.

Posted by: jodifur at October 19, 2009 10:24 PM

Sending lots of good thoughts to you for your whole family: may everyone be well soon.

Posted by: A Reader from the Midwest at October 19, 2009 10:30 PM

Good vibes, good thoughts. Good vibes, good thoughts. All coming your way. Thinking of you guys. Come on Mia, show your Daddy how strong you are - we know you can do it!

Posted by: Caitlin at October 19, 2009 10:37 PM

I know you don't believe in God, but I do, and we're pretty tight.

Praying for you guys. Hope all is better in the morning.

Posted by: Angella at October 19, 2009 10:39 PM

Lots of good thoughts and prayers ('cause that's what I do) to you, Beth, Mia and Owen. And, because it's also what I do, good thoughts to the people in the hospital, the doctors and nurses and technicians and every single person that comes in contact, even if it's through a washed sheet, with your family.

Posted by: Mindy at October 19, 2009 10:42 PM

Lots of positive, healthy thoughts heading across the country in your direction.

Posted by: Tai at October 19, 2009 10:42 PM

Definitely praying for everyone. Get some rest. Be strong for Beth. Love to all of you!

Posted by: debb at October 19, 2009 10:45 PM

I'm so sorry you have to go through this! I can imagine how scared you feel - but there are a ton of people out here praying for Mia and your family, so please get some sleep and take care of Owen. I'm thinking about you guys - please send us an update when all is better. So sorry!

Posted by: TUWABVB at October 19, 2009 10:48 PM

Much love and prayers to Mia Bean and the Cactus/Fish family.

Posted by: Michael Malcangio at October 19, 2009 10:54 PM

Thoughts and prayers for Mia and your entire family. I can't imagine having a sick child.

Posted by: Krush at October 19, 2009 10:54 PM

I hope that she's ok and they both come home tomorrow!

Posted by: Lisa at October 19, 2009 10:58 PM

I am sending Mia (and you and Beth) all the positive vibes I can. I hope she feels better and comes home soon.

Posted by: stephanie at October 19, 2009 11:04 PM

You got it.

Posted by: Poppy at October 19, 2009 11:10 PM

Oh Chris, I feel for you: There is NOTHING like having a sick kid. I don't do praying, but I promise to do lots of appendage-crossing and healing-thought-sending. Hope to read good news here tomorrow morning. Please let us know as soon as you can.

Posted by: Karen at October 19, 2009 11:14 PM

Sending lots of prayers and goods thoughts, and hoping Mia comes home tomorrow and is feeling much better! Please keep us posted?

Posted by: coolchick at October 19, 2009 11:16 PM

Definitely add my thoughts to those of everyone else. How really terrifying for you all. Best wishes to your beautiful little girl!

Posted by: morninglight mama at October 19, 2009 11:30 PM

thinking of you guys.
so hard.

Posted by: ali at October 19, 2009 11:35 PM

All of the good vibes I have left are heading Mia's way.

Posted by: Rebecca at October 19, 2009 11:37 PM

Absolutely Chris! Having been there before with BOTH of my girls, I know how terrifying it can be. Get some rest, so you can let Beth rest when they get home (you do know that the hospital is the worst place to try to sleep. They are constantly in and out checking vitals).

Many positive thoughts zooming towards Mia and the rest of you. Hang in there!

Posted by: MinivanNinja at October 19, 2009 11:49 PM

every single one of my positive thoughts comin' at ya.

Posted by: Cristin at October 19, 2009 11:51 PM

cactus...i am so so sorry. i would take any pain, any amputation, any sickness, if it guaranteed that my children would never know illness or pain. i've got some ninja powered good vibes coming your way buddy!
maria

Posted by: Maria at October 20, 2009 12:12 AM

Huge good thoughts headed Mia's way, Chris. Hang in there.

Posted by: Keri at October 20, 2009 12:13 AM

Will do! And, I know you know this, but just try to remember that Mia's exactly where she needs to be right now. I'll keep everything crossed that you have your girls home soon.

Posted by: Dawn at October 20, 2009 12:54 AM

Major good thoughts comin at ya... and prayers ( lol... cause thats what I do too...) Hang in there...ya got a lot of good energy headed your way apparently

Posted by: David at October 20, 2009 1:27 AM

As someone who has had to perform CPR on her child, you have bigtime, mega get well thoughts coming to you. Please let us know how she is.

Posted by: Aimee Greeblemonkey at October 20, 2009 1:41 AM

Good vibes headed your way... :-)

Posted by: kami at October 20, 2009 2:55 AM

Aw, take care. I hope Mia gets well soon, thinking of you all.

Posted by: Katherine at October 20, 2009 3:00 AM

As many positive thoughts as will fit in my head. I hope she is all right.

Posted by: Hannah at October 20, 2009 3:31 AM

Sending positive thoughts from NZ. xoxxoxoox

Posted by: Juli Ryan at October 20, 2009 4:43 AM

Prayers and happy thoughts comin your way <3 Take care.

Posted by: Heather at October 20, 2009 5:57 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you all! I hope she's (and Beth) are back home with you today and she's feeling better!

Posted by: NancyJ at October 20, 2009 6:08 AM

Good thoughts for little Mia on the way, Chris!

I've sat in the ER before too, while they did the chest xray to check for pneumonia. BTW? You don't want to see them do that xray. Egads.

Anyway, hope its just some common cough and she is ok.

Posted by: Jon (was) in Michigan at October 20, 2009 6:49 AM

it is out to the universe...to send all healing powers your way...may gold light surround you and your family

Posted by: theunicorn at October 20, 2009 7:02 AM

Oh my, I hope she's ok and has a speedy recovery. Thinking good thoughts for you all.

Posted by: Traci at October 20, 2009 7:12 AM

Lots of prayers and love for Mia and all of you.

Posted by: Angelia at October 20, 2009 7:23 AM

de-lurking to send good thoughts.

Posted by: meanie at October 20, 2009 7:27 AM

My eldest is just recovering from pneumonia...definitely sending positive thoughts your way. Don't feel helpless; anything you can do makes a difference in how she quickly she will recover. I am not religious but definitely spiritual and I think that sending all these thoughts and prayers really do add up to something.

Posted by: Angelica at October 20, 2009 7:28 AM

I hope everything turns out okay for Mia. I am sending positive energy your way and a big hug for you!

Posted by: Dee at October 20, 2009 7:30 AM

You know you have all my prayers, Chris. I have been in your situation many times in the past as Katie was an asthmatic. I felt so bad each time she had an episode.
But, something like this does put the job thing into perspective, yes?
Sending thoughts, prayers and hugs to all of the Cactus-Fish Family!

Posted by: Maribeth at October 20, 2009 7:32 AM

So sorry Chris, positive thinking has begun over here in Toronto...

Posted by: Gabriella at October 20, 2009 7:40 AM

I'm late to seeing this but you have all my positive thoughts.

Posted by: daisy at October 20, 2009 8:21 AM

I can imagine how freaked out I would be in that situation. Hang in there! I hope she comes home soon!

Posted by: Melissa at October 20, 2009 8:22 AM

wow. just wow. sending you all good thoughts and healthy vibes.

Posted by: Sabrina at October 20, 2009 8:24 AM

Good thoughts, good vibes, and an extra positive meditation. We're with you, Chris. You have our love and support.
Please keep us updated on how she's doing.

Posted by: Nenette at October 20, 2009 8:28 AM

I JUST read this. Remember Chris, a lot of us on this blog did exactly what Mia's doing now as kids and scared our parents shitless. I was in hospitals lots as a kid. We're ok.

I'll have my grandfather, with the same b-day as Mia-Bean, say lots and lots and lots of prayers.

Posted by: alektra at October 20, 2009 8:34 AM

It's morning now, here's hoping she's on the way home. All my good thoughts anyway.

Posted by: Lisa at October 20, 2009 8:37 AM

I'm thinking positive thoughts for Mia. I hope she's better this morning.

Posted by: Carolyn at October 20, 2009 8:39 AM

Kids and hospitals are a scary combo, for sure. Sending love and good thoughts your way, and hoping that while I'm writing this, Mia is back home resting happily in her own bed.

Posted by: margo at October 20, 2009 8:43 AM

Lots of good thoughts & wishes for Mia and all of you! Hope she gets to come home today!

Posted by: Karen at October 20, 2009 8:44 AM

Oh, Chris. Sending good thoughts and vibes to all of the Cactus-Fish clan - hang in there!

Posted by: Susan at October 20, 2009 8:52 AM

DEFINITELY sending good thoughts your way. We were just in the ER last Thursday for a minor head trauma so I feel your pain of being in there. I really hope she's ok.

Posted by: Claire at October 20, 2009 8:58 AM

Nothing but sunshine and rainbows being bounced toward your little girl this morning. Hope everything clears up soon.

Posted by: Beth at October 20, 2009 8:58 AM

I know I am late to reading this, but all good thoughts and prayers your way. Wishes that soon the whole Cactus-Fish clan is in a big bear hug together.

Posted by: Diane at October 20, 2009 9:01 AM

Thinking many good thoughts for your whole family - I hope she gets to come home and snuggle with you today!

Posted by: Karen at October 20, 2009 9:03 AM

Sending oodles of good thoughts your way. Hope things are better this morning and that you're all home together very soon.

Posted by: Jenn at October 20, 2009 9:04 AM

You've got it.

Posted by: Julie at October 20, 2009 9:09 AM

You got it, Chris. I hope she is on the road to recovery and home soon.

Posted by: Sparkle Pants at October 20, 2009 9:11 AM

Chris,

Thinking of you and your family today and sending you positive thoughts and best wishes!!!! I hope everything turns out ok!!!!!! Take care!

Jewels

Posted by: Julie Andel at October 20, 2009 9:13 AM

I just read this so I hope Mia is better this morning and on her way home!
Sending positive, healing thoughts to you guys.

Posted by: kali at October 20, 2009 9:14 AM

I hope my good wishes and warm thoughts are super late and unnecessary. I hope you are all back home, safe and sound with all of this behind you.

Posted by: Rebecca at October 20, 2009 9:15 AM

It will work this time.

Good mojo coming your way.

Posted by: Elise at October 20, 2009 9:16 AM

Good vibes and happy thoughts and whatever else you need, coming right up! I hope your little girl is okay.

Posted by: Fraulein N at October 20, 2009 9:21 AM

I hope they are getting ready to come home right now.
Positive thoughts being sent.

We'll be waiting to hear how things go.

Posted by: cassie-b at October 20, 2009 9:40 AM

I can't imagine how terrifying it is to see your little girl sick. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way.

Posted by: bad penguin at October 20, 2009 9:50 AM

Good vibes a flowin.

Posted by: metawizard at October 20, 2009 9:52 AM

Oh Chris,

I'll be sending good, good thoughts her way. And yours and Beth's and Owen's. She's where she needs to be, but that's just awful. Cuddle her tight when you see her.

Posted by: k8 at October 20, 2009 10:03 AM

You got it. I hope everyone's feeling better very soon.

Posted by: carrster at October 20, 2009 10:17 AM

Oh my. Your obvious distress and love for the bean made tears come to my eyes. Of course, you have all our most positive thoughts. You hang in there, and update us on her condition.

Posted by: Pat Moody at October 20, 2009 10:23 AM

My heart goes out to you. I hope Mia recovers quickly. Positive thoughts sent your way!

Posted by: Ashley K at October 20, 2009 10:30 AM

Since I know you are not a big fan of "the" God, I'll shoot off a prayer to the god of Freaky Bathroom Adventures because I figure you must be his favorite person ever!

Silliness aside, I'm sending happy healthy thoughts for Mia and your whole family. (And a regular prayer too cuz it can't hurt, right?)

Posted by: Ms Sassy Pants at October 20, 2009 10:31 AM

Oh no! I hope everything is okay with the little doll! Many prayers and good wishes coming your way.

Posted by: Iris at October 20, 2009 10:33 AM

Sending good vibes to your family. Hope she gets to come home today. It's scary, but little ones tend to be big fighters.

Posted by: Tracy H at October 20, 2009 10:38 AM

lots of good vibes coming your direction

Posted by: sunshine at October 20, 2009 10:42 AM

All our good thoughts and hopes and prayers and love are sent out for your family.

Nothing can make you feel more helpless I know. We're all thinking and praying for Mia and the whole family.

Posted by: Sara at October 20, 2009 10:43 AM

Thinking of you all.

Posted by: mingaling at October 20, 2009 10:55 AM

Chris - you guys are all in my thoughts. I hope that your girls are right back where they belong (with their boys), in no time!

Posted by: js at October 20, 2009 10:59 AM

thinking all our good thoughts for you and your family. take care.

Posted by: pvz at October 20, 2009 11:01 AM

I'm sending all my good thoughts your way. I hope everyone is home and feeling better soon!

Posted by: cyndy at October 20, 2009 11:09 AM

Sending her and you guys love! You add so much to our mornings - I wish we could give you as much back as you give to us!

Hugs, Jess

Posted by: Jessie at October 20, 2009 11:12 AM

Prayers have been sent for good health and comfort.

Posted by: sw at October 20, 2009 11:15 AM

All the positive thoughts in the world are coming Mia's way. Been there, done that with my boy and we have a few nebulizers at home now to keep us out of the hospital. Alektra is right- many of us were in and out of the hospital and kids and are now stubbornly healthy adults. Big hugs to all of oyu!

Posted by: rebecca at October 20, 2009 11:19 AM

I was a sickly child, in the hospital many times for ear infections, tonsils out, asthma, etc. All I remember about it was that I got yummy treats and cool stuffed animals and balloons and lots of attention. And my brother remembers that he got the whole house to himself while I was gone. I hope that's what your kids remember about this:) Sending the positive energy your way!

Posted by: Andrea at October 20, 2009 11:29 AM

i hope mia is feeling better! how scary...

one of my best friends lives in fairfax and has recently for the first time in her life started having major breathing problems (leading to panic attacks) and she's being told that the leaf mold this year in that area is really bad. she was just in the emergency room for it over the weekend. i have had allergy-induced asthma myself since a child. never been fun :(

Posted by: kati at October 20, 2009 11:45 AM

Chris, hope prayers are ok. Nothing scarier than a sick child. Hoping she's home with you now.

Posted by: Jean at October 20, 2009 11:52 AM

I'll be praying for Mia. Keep us posted!

Posted by: April at October 20, 2009 11:52 AM

Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way Chris. I'm hoping for the best for you all and for your heart to be comforted. Hugs to you all.

Posted by: tulip at October 20, 2009 11:52 AM

Aaaaack. I'm so sorry Chris. We'll all be thinking good thoughts. :(

Posted by: caleal at October 20, 2009 11:53 AM

Damn. I just found out today that one of my daughter's friends has leukemia. Bad day.

Positive thoughts sent!!

Posted by: Laura at October 20, 2009 12:06 PM

Positive thoughts from Pennsytucky. I'll be thinking of the Cactus-Fishes today.

Posted by: Amy at October 20, 2009 12:39 PM

Oh, Chris... I've been in your shoes and it is Teh Suck.

But you know what? It'll be fine.

Oh, and do not doubt the power of the Good Thoughts. Besides, the Collective We love the babies much more than work-- and karma don't wanna be coming between We and the Wee Ones!

Thinking of you all...

Posted by: leslie at October 20, 2009 12:40 PM

Hi, I am sure your family will be alright. Just happened to land here somehow and now I sporadically check on your blog. All the good and healthy wishes for today and all your tomorrows.

Posted by: Purva at October 20, 2009 1:14 PM

ooh - good thoughts headed your way. Being an asthma girl myself, I know how all that feels.

Posted by: Sue R at October 20, 2009 1:18 PM

Sending positive thoughts your way, Chris! I hope she's feeling better!

Posted by: Tom H. at October 20, 2009 2:03 PM

How scary. All good thoughts & energy sent your way. It sounds like she's in good hands, both medically and parentally.

Don't forget to breathe, yourself. Nice big cleansing breaths. I don't mean with any connection to her affliction, I mean because you need to be reminded. (1-2-3 in, 1-2-3 out).

Posted by: harmzie at October 20, 2009 3:12 PM

I will sure be praying for Mia. Been reading you and Beth's blog since before Mia was born so feel very attached to you all. Will also pray for Beth to have strength as she won't be resting either. Keep us posted.
Love and Hugs
Trish

Posted by: Trish V at October 20, 2009 3:13 PM

Chris, Sending good vibes and love to the Cactus clan. I hope Mia recovers quickly. Sleep when you two can.

Posted by: One Mom's Opinion at October 20, 2009 3:40 PM

Poor Mia, Hoping today is a better day for her! Hospitals suck.. no matter what the reason. My little girl was in for 2 nights about a month ago.. 2 most stressful nights ever!

Posted by: molly at October 20, 2009 3:58 PM

Sending you, Beth, Mia & Owen all my best thoughts. Owen because even though he's little, I'm sure he misses his sister and is concerned about her, too!

I hope she has a very speedy recovery and you and Beth are able to get some rest afterwards, too!

Posted by: Holly Reynolds at October 20, 2009 3:59 PM

Coming out of hiding to say I will be praying for your lovely little girl.

Posted by: at October 20, 2009 4:08 PM

*BIG HUGS* Happy thoughts. Love to you guys.

Posted by: Emily at October 20, 2009 4:39 PM

Consider them sent. Poor you. Nothing harder than a sick child. All digits crossed for you all.

Posted by: Candy at October 20, 2009 4:45 PM

Ohhh....all my prayers, good thoughts, vibes, juju, and anything else I can think of to you and the fammily, it is very scary to have a sick child...thankfully they are resilient little creatures....cute too....hoping for a short stay and for your family to be together again soon...xoxo

Posted by: Roberta at October 20, 2009 5:02 PM

Sending happy, healthy thoughts from Charm City. I've done what you guys are doing with both my kids multiple times, so I know you're not exaggerating when you say your nerves are shot. Tell that little snickerbooms Mia (and that little snickerbooms Beth) that the whole Internetz is rooting for her.

Posted by: bri at October 20, 2009 5:13 PM

You got it, friend. Good thoughts heading straight at you and yours. Hugs, hugs, hugs.

Posted by: Librarian Girl at October 20, 2009 5:42 PM

I know that exact feeling, and I will pray for you guys. Hope everything is better today.

Posted by: Sheryl at October 20, 2009 6:21 PM

Beth's blog wouldn't allow me to post (said I'd posted too many comments -- mind you, I don't remember the last time I commented there!) but I wanted to express my prayers and good thoughts towards Mia. I sure hope she feels well soon!

Posted by: coolchick at October 20, 2009 6:30 PM

Oh... I just now read this and hope everything is getting resolved. Am sending all the good energy I can muster.

Posted by: NG at October 20, 2009 6:39 PM

I am so sorry that miabean is so sick. I too will be thinking lots of positive vibes for the whole cactus-fish family.

Posted by: crookedeyebrow at October 20, 2009 6:55 PM

Oh my goodness Chris. That is so hard! I am sending you good thoughts. I know we both have a hard time with this stuff - and hearing that you get all tingly with fear over it makes me feel a little less freakish.

Maybe knowing that she is at the hospital is better than having her at home and sick and worrying because you don't know what to do.

Sending you healing thoughts (all of you)

Posted by: Sharri at October 20, 2009 7:05 PM

Consider it done and done and redid and done'd again. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Posted by: Kristy at October 20, 2009 7:12 PM

Whatever you need Chris...

Healing thoughts coming your way.

Posted by: Nat at October 20, 2009 8:50 PM

Praying hard and I had my first graders pray for her too.
Hugs

Posted by: Dee at October 20, 2009 9:03 PM

Praying hard and I had my first graders pray for her too.
Hugs

Posted by: Dee at October 20, 2009 9:04 PM

Just saw this.. Chris, I will send good karma your way and you and your family have my best wishes for Mia's prompt recovery and everyone's removal from the hospital. Stay positive, everything will be fine!

Posted by: Elizabeth at October 21, 2009 12:14 AM

Posted by: Elizabeth at October 21, 2009 12:14 AM

Sending lots of love and good thoughts!

Posted by: Janet at October 21, 2009 12:23 PM

Positive thoughts coming your way at breakneck speed! I hope everything turns out ok!

Posted by: mikkie at October 21, 2009 5:40 PM

Jesus, Chris. This happened to me when my oldest was 5. He just stopped breathing. It took a week on Hulk Hogan levels of 'roids and straight, 100% O2 up his nose to get him back to something resembling normal.

Sorry I'm late on this one, but I'm thinking of you all. And if you need advice on getting a kid to breath into an oxygen mask, i am SO your girl. It's kind of my life now.

Posted by: Mr Lady at October 21, 2009 7:58 PM

I'm just stopping by now and I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts. I'm glad to see she is doing better and I hope you will all be home together again soon.

Posted by: Annie at October 21, 2009 10:39 PM