December 23, 2009

Dear Santa

letter2_final%20copy.jpg
What's in your letter to Santa? Posted by Chris at December 23, 2009 7:25 AM
Comments

A safe, uneventful flight home. I haven't seen my family since I moved to Florida in August, and I'm going home today to spend the holidays with them. So all I need from Santa this year is to get home safely and just enjoy the time with the family. And cookies.

Posted by: Stephanie at December 23, 2009 7:45 AM

Dear Cactus Fans,

As Chris well knows, my letter to Santa is at http://www.lomaxandbiggs.com/2009/12/dear_santa.html

Please visit. Happy holidays.

Posted by: Marshall Karp at December 23, 2009 7:56 AM

I think I'll just use yours. It's pretty perfect and I like the look of that pie. Go Mia!

Posted by: daisy at December 23, 2009 8:18 AM

I second your letter! Merry Christmas. I hope it rocks.

Posted by: Claire at December 23, 2009 8:20 AM

Dear Santa

I'm heading up to Ohio this year for Christmas. I have nothing against Ohio as a land mass, except for the fact that the landscape where I grew up looks like the place where dreams go to die. Other than that, I guess Ohio never poisoned anyone or set any nuns on fire or anything. Still, if you have any pull with Mother Nature, could you ask that the weather stay marginally unsucky for the next few days? Because if I get stuck in Ohio for an extended period of time, I'm going to start shooting puppies and I don't think Mother Nature wants that on her conscience.

XOXO

Sir

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at December 23, 2009 8:46 AM

Like you, I kinda figured Santa has enough to do this year. I don't need a damn thing. I am happy, healthy and employed (with a fridge full of beer as well!).

Merry Christmas!

Posted by: Coral at December 23, 2009 9:35 AM

I know why, because pie is like magic, just like Santa himself. Mia is a smart cookie . . .

I want Santa to watch over my baby brother and all the other soldiers not at home with their families.

Merry Christmas Cactus family!

Posted by: Sara at December 23, 2009 11:33 AM

Yep, I'm good and feeling grateful.

Santa has my permission to give whatever he was planning to bring to me to folks having a really hard time of it this Xmas.

Posted by: Elise at December 23, 2009 11:35 AM

"Dear Kringle, Thanks for getting me employment for Christmas. I require nothing more. Unless you have an extra puppy in your sled. Then I would most surely take him off your hands. Love, Cassie"

Posted by: caleal at December 23, 2009 11:44 AM

Chris, love the letter and I know coming from someone who is in one of those situations, we appreciate the thoughts. :) Hope yours is great.

Posted by: MM at December 23, 2009 3:40 PM

Aww <3 You're a sweet man, Chris.

Posted by: Heather at December 23, 2009 10:30 PM

Dear Santa,

My nose is running like a drippy faucet. I'd really REALLY love for that to stop. My kids are healthy and happy, and life has gotten so much better as we close the year than it was in the beginning, so I don't ask for much - I don't need MORE, I'd just like to keep on keeping on.

Love,
Sarah

P.S. If you could make my nose stop dripping, though, that would be fabulous.

Posted by: Sarah at December 23, 2009 10:46 PM

Dear Santa,

It’s been a rough year. Heart attack, unemployment, and certain “lifestyle” changes have taken their toll. So I’d like to ask for continued good health, gainful employment, and the strength to keep it going. On a lighter note, now that I am feeling better, if I may be so bold, it’s been, you know…a while…I was thinking maybe you could fix me up? Either way, thanks and Merry Christmas!

Posted by: Ken Miles at December 24, 2009 1:42 AM

You're really the best Chris. I wish you and your family a great holiday season.

Posted by: Kristy at December 24, 2009 2:54 AM

This year? My letter is empty. There's not a single thing I need or want. I think feeling lucky and appreciative for the lives we have is the biggest and best gift of all.

Merry Christmas, Chris. :o)

Posted by: Emily at December 24, 2009 6:09 AM

All good thoughts. Especially the pie. I'll bet it will be a nice change from cookies.

Merry Christmas!

Posted by: cassie-b at December 24, 2009 12:42 PM

Oddly enough, pie.

Merry Christmas, Cacti-Fishi.

Posted by: Mr Lady at December 25, 2009 12:32 PM

Please, Santa, make this year easier than last year. Please no layoffs, please don't let me lose another friend to cancer, a plane crash, or mysterious illnesses. Please no more moves. Please make this year more full of nearby friends. Please mend my heart, and all the hearts of people who have lost.

Posted by: alektra at December 28, 2009 10:41 AM