March 1, 2010

48 Hours

Let's see...this weekend was, by definition, 48 hours long. And of those 48 hours, I spent approximately 20 of them working. This thrilled me to no end (and left me just ever-so-slightly sarcastic). Since I've been dealing with spreadsheets all weekend, it only makes sense that I'd breakdown my weekend in Excel format.

Exhibit 1. I Worked Way The Fuck Too
Much And Also Did Some Other Shit

weekend.jpg

As you can see I was able to occupy myself in a number of ways this weekend however the primary activity was, sadly, working. So you'll excuse me if I don't have any brilliant witticisms or nuggets of profound enlightenment to share with you this morning. I'm honestly just trying to keep my head out of my coffee cup (not that my head is actually small enough to wind up in my coffee cup...you know what I mean) and power through to the end of this project, the finish line of which is scheduled for hump day and my what a wonderful hump it will be.

How'd you spend your weekend?

Posted by Chris at March 1, 2010 7:06 AM
Comments

Oh my dear, you get the gold start for you pie chart! I don't even know how to do that! I just figured out bulleting!

Posted by: Maribeth at March 1, 2010 8:19 AM

Well, I'm sure impressed with the size of your pink.

erm... please refer to your chart.

Posted by: harmzie at March 1, 2010 8:28 AM

Curling!!

Posted by: Arwen at March 1, 2010 10:46 AM

I'm kind of glad sometimes that my job is largely unimportant. Because it means I never have to work on the weekends.

You hang in there.

Posted by: k8 at March 1, 2010 11:31 AM

If you combine "Drinking beer" with "Commuting to and from work", "Play with the kids" with "Pee" and "Poop", you'd have a lot more time for "Things that you refuse to discuss in front of the whole wide world".

Call me Winston Wolf.

;-)

Posted by: LeSombre at March 1, 2010 11:39 AM

And you know, there's nothing like a wonderful hump.

I spent my weekend doing what I always do, which is doing the things my unemployed husband doesn't do while he's home during the week.

Primarily, I cleaned all the Junk That Doesn't Belong There out of the hall and my son's room. That actually aligns my chi and brings me joy and I found some things I'd been looking for (battery cover to Little Mermaid bubble-blower! Score!). I also did laundry, enjoyed a thunderstorm, laughed with my son, watched the Olympics with my husband (and also a VERY disappointing TV movie version of "The Three Investigators and the Secret of Skeleton Island"). I didn't get to see my daughter, though, because her soccer game got rained out and she's at her Dad's, so that was a bummer, but I get her back Friday instead of Sunday this week, so yay!

Overall, success.

Posted by: Brooke at March 1, 2010 1:53 PM

I don't mean to criticize too much here, but would it be too much to ask to get some percentages with this pie chart?

Posted by: Rex at March 1, 2010 1:53 PM

Wow! I didn't know that you could do pie charts in Excel... Now I'm going to have to go figure out how to do it! Then I'll have to figure out how to embed it in a post. I have a St. Patrick's Day idea for a pie chart! LOL! As far as my weekend... I spent some time watching hockey. Listened to some karaoke (Not my favorite thing, but getting out of the house was good) and relaxed with the puppy! Oh and I watched 2 moves last night. The Maiden Heist and The Proposal. Hopefully you won't spend the bulk of your week working!

Posted by: Rose Winters at March 1, 2010 2:25 PM

LeSombre, if you've ever read Chris' bathroom chronicles you must know he is always willing to discuss "pee" and "poop" in front of the whole wide world! :)

Posted by: pinetree22 at March 1, 2010 4:11 PM

Too much work, not enough sleep :P Hope the week goes quickly and next weekend doesn't!

Posted by: Heather at March 1, 2010 5:44 PM

We took Sam to karate on Saturday for his 4th class. He got a stripe on his belt for hard work and bravery in class. We had old friends over for dinner. Sunday we went to the National Aquarium. I ate a hamburger at The Hard Rock Cafe the size of my son's head. It was a good weekend.

Posted by: Annie at March 1, 2010 9:44 PM

Dude, I don't know if anyone has told you this, but, you need to drink more water. You spent more time pooping than peeing. That's not right. Also, did you eat a lot of Mexican food this weekend?

Posted by: statia at March 1, 2010 9:45 PM

Saturday was one of those days consumed by kid stuff - gymnastics, buying socks, and the like. Interspersed with various kid activities was planning a menu of baked goods for a fundraising bake sale I'm doing this week to raise money for breast cancer. LOTS of planning.

Was able to get some work done and some workouts done and then last night was a concert - which was fun.

Posted by: Sarah at March 1, 2010 9:54 PM

what can I say, I'm glad you pooped.

:D lol