April 13, 2010

PC or Mac?

Are you a Mac or PC person? Here's the reason I ask.

My very first computer was an Apple II+. It was intended as a Christmas present but I discovered it early - probably around November - in a guest room closet. So my dad hooked it up early. I basked in the glow of the green monochrome display and leaned how to do two things very early on - use a word processor and play games. The work processor - the bare-bones AppleWriter - was pathetic by modern standards. It was only okay then. If I recall correctly, the only real way to see what you'd typed up and formatted was to print the document out on a cutting-edge dot-matrix printer. The games were just about as primitive but still a good deal smarter than the ones I was used to on my Atari 2600. I played endless rounds of Gorgon but I was most intrigued by the Infocom text adventure games. I spent hours on those things.

After the Apple II+ died, we got a Mac. After that, another. Eventually I went off to college with a Mac notebook which eventually died and was replaced by a PC. And I've never looked back.

Until now.

I bought a laptop shortly after Owen was born. And it's starting to remind me of my VW that I talked about yesterday. The DVD/CDR drive no longer works. The keyboard is falling apart (this post has, in fact, been very difficult to type since neither the space bar nor the M are working quite as reliably as I'd like). It's having some difficulty findings the network storage devices I keep all my photos and music on. And it's slow - it's Windows Vista heart just can't seem to keep up with its processing brains. It's frustrating since I'm an IT guy and I know how to keep computers running. Since my primary uses all revolve around music and photography and site development, I keep coming back to Macs.

So I ask again - are you a PC or a Mac person?

Posted by Chris at April 13, 2010 6:14 AM
Comments

I was a PC for most of my adult life until about 2 years ago, when I became a Mac.

And I will never, ever, go back.

Never.

Posted by: Alan at April 13, 2010 7:10 AM

I was a PC until about 2 years ago, when I became a Mac.

And I will never, ever, go back.

Never.

Posted by: Allan at April 13, 2010 7:12 AM

pc...always have been...i've lived a life in data (first job as a key punch operator at 14).... our district started out with more macs than pcs...
but we quickly opted out all of them when it came to the replacement cycle... with pcs...my manager is a big time mac guy...so he has both and sometimes i ogle the capacity for variety the mac seems to offer him... but... here and home... pc i just wish i could get my home computer to be as fast as the one i have on the network!

Posted by: theunicorn at April 13, 2010 7:13 AM

Mac.

and PC.

I've used and loved them both and have been around long enough to know that they both have their faults and their advantages. (but my current system is a MacBook Pro and iPhone)

I love Mac style, the software is all easy to use and looks beautiful. There are a whole bunch of awesome apps and even using Office on a Mac feels nicer to me than on a PC. The prices are coming down and that's a bonus too.

However, even while all my gear is Mac (with a Windows virtual machine) I am pained by Mac's iron fist and their insistence that I do everything their way. I know it makes me a hypocrite, I mean, I rock an iPhone and I haven't jailbroken it. So, I love the experience more than I am prepared to stand up to their fierce tactics. And let's face it, their tactics are why the Apple experience is so consistent. Sigh.

All in all, what it comes down to is what you want the experience to be and what you want to pay for because both systems can be made to do what you want. There's no doubt Mac gear fails sometimes too, and the cost to repair it is high, very high, so I always advise getting extended warranty which adds to the cost, however, I'm a heavy, and heavy handed user... I've voided warranty on an old machine and repaired it myself rather than pay $700 more for Apple to do it (the price of Mac only parts rather than the choice to use generic).

Anyway... my advice? Figure out which one you want and get to the nitty gritty of WHY you want it... if the reasons are sound, go for it. If not, are you going to resent buying against that desire or be happier that you opted for a more sound choice?

Posted by: Deeleea at April 13, 2010 7:29 AM

Mac, always have and always will. Just got the 27" iMac and it is freaking awesome. I also have an ancient MacBook Pro that is my prized possession. Everything you love about your iPhone? Get a Mac.

Posted by: Karen at April 13, 2010 7:29 AM

I'm a Mac person.

My husband also has a PC desktop, though, and we've had far more problems with it than my Mac laptop...despite the fact that the PC is newer.

Mac's are just so much easier and commonsensical to me. I doubt I'll ever go back to PC.

Posted by: Catherine at April 13, 2010 7:44 AM

PC. All my stuff is written for PC's so I just keep slogging along. I do love my Toshiba laptop.

Posted by: Maribeth at April 13, 2010 7:59 AM

Rex bought me an iMac almost 2 years ago. Last fall, we picked up a couple MBPs. We're lookingat upgrading the kids to Mac minis. Before 2 years ago, I was rabidly anti-Mac, now I'll never go back.

Posted by: Becky at April 13, 2010 8:01 AM

I'm a Mac person with a PC budget so I'm writing this on a POS Dell Inspiron laptop that has had nothin' but problems since day one.

My next computer will probably be a Mac.

Posted by: Sarah at April 13, 2010 8:06 AM

Mac. We are so Mac in my house that we should be featured in a commercial. We rock the 27" iMac as the house computer, my husband uses a MacBook Pro, I use his old MacBook (purchased in 2006 and still going strong, with only a battery replacement), we both have iPhones, and there are about five iPods laying around. Yeah, Mac.

Posted by: Heather at April 13, 2010 8:24 AM

We switched to Macs in 2001 and will not buy another Windows machine for personal use (I use them for work).

The aha moment for staying Mac was the realization that we weren't fighting with the machine to accomplish our projects, we were just working on our projects.

Posted by: Michael Malcangio at April 13, 2010 8:53 AM

My wife's PC runs Ubuntu 9.04.
My son's PC dual boots Ubuntu and Win 7. Windows is for gaming only. He is not allowed to go online from Windows.
My daughter's PC runs Vista. She hasn't lost her Windows privileges yet.
My creaky old laptop technically dual boots XP and Ubuntu, although I can't remember the last time I booted into XP. It's probably getting closer to time to replace it. I'm thinking I'll buy a desktop and a netbook instead of another laptop.

Posted by: COD at April 13, 2010 8:54 AM

Mac for sure. I had both a Mac and a PC on my desk at work when I worked in a medical research library. The chemists were so reluctant to give up their macs. Mine is 2 years old, and I just love it.

The hard drive started to crash, I took it in to the Apple store. They saved my data and put it on a new hard drive. And it was still under warranty.

I won't change back.

Posted by: cassie-b at April 13, 2010 9:05 AM

I'm more familiar with PCs, but my first computer as a kid was an Apple II on which I played hours of Oregon Trail. Then it was a PC and learning a little DOS so I could play the games -- my dad's rule was if you want to play, you have to know the commands. Made sense.

Now, I'm becoming a Linux (specifically Ubuntu) person. I don't have nearly the time to play with it, but I love Ubuntu's speed, the whole philosophy of open source, oh and the price :) It's not painless though, as so much software is Mac or PC but OpenOffice.org 3.2 is great and the library of open source software keeps growing.

Posted by: Somehwere in the MIdwest at April 13, 2010 9:09 AM

Full disclosure: I'm a Mac fanboi.

So, of course, I'll tell you to go Mac. But I'll also give you my reasons. It's a foregone conclusion that the design behind a Mac shames everything else--especially new new laptops, which co-incidentally are being refreshed as I type this if the rumour mills are correct. I always thought that a Mac is a Ferrari, and a similarly equipped PC is your dad's cadillac that you've puts rims and a godawful spoiler on in an attempt to make it cool.

That said, if you're about multimedia, I don't think you can beat the Mac. I use mine for photography mostly, but it has served me well in nearly all other capacities, and the damned thing is bullet proof. I love my Mac and I can't see why I'd ever go back to a PC.

All that said, I have it on good faith that Windows 7 was "done right" and people are very satisfied with it. The other thing is that as a professional writer an publisher, there's nothing that beats Frame Maker for publishing, and it's sadly only a PC piece of software. That is the *only* reason I still use a PC, and it's pretty damned niche. So, go we forth... I think you're a Mac. :)

Posted by: martin at April 13, 2010 9:17 AM

I have always been a PC person who longed for the greener grass of a Mac. It just wasn't affordable, but I am soon switching to Mac and I know I'll never go back. Windows Vista has been the death of me... And the death of PC, probably.

Posted by: bri at April 13, 2010 9:19 AM

I work on both daily, but I'd say I'm mostly a Mac user.

At home, I'm pretty much Mac-only. At work, I have a dual-boot Mac running Parallels, so I'm on a Mac but I can run Windows apps (anything from MS Office, which they purposely make crappy for the Mac).

Posted by: Steph at April 13, 2010 9:31 AM

I switched from PC to Mac over a year ago and cannot fathom ever going back to PC.

A Macbook will change your life. I'm not even kidding.

Posted by: Angella at April 13, 2010 9:36 AM

I grew up in a PC household even though my first computer was an Apple II(something). My dad has had his own computer business for most of my life, so I only ever knew PCs. The BFF has converted me to Macs though, which I prefer. I have a Macbook and a PC at home (and a busted Thinkpad that at one point ran Ubuntu) and a PC at work. I spend most of my day trying to use programs and keyboard shortcuts like I'm on my Macbook. heh

Posted by: Sparkle Pants at April 13, 2010 9:53 AM

Mac! And never look back! I thought it would be a difficult learning curve but I find the mac is much more intuitive for those of us who aren't normally computer gurus (like my husband). I love it so much and I would NEVER go back.

Posted by: Shannon at April 13, 2010 10:00 AM

Mac

Posted by: Patricia at April 13, 2010 10:07 AM

I switched from PC to Mac in 2002. Now everyone in my family is on Mac except my dad who uses Ubuntu for his ancient desktop but uses a 6 yr old Powerbook G4 that I left him for web surfing and other things. My sister has a macbook and a 24" iMac that I drool over every time I come to visit it. I have two iMacs and a macbook that I use for everyday stuff at home. I love them all. I hate going to work and using a PC.

Posted by: goodsnake at April 13, 2010 10:12 AM

I've been a mac person ever since I switched to a laptop in 2006. I will NEVER go back. Recently I did have to replace my laptop and even though I am totally computer illiterate, I was able to get the new one set up and all my data migrated with little more than a couple clicks.

Posted by: donna at April 13, 2010 10:39 AM

3 Macs here amongst 2 adults. Allan summed up my feelings towards the matter - used to be PC, never, ever, ever going back.

For gaming, I have a duel boot machine.

Posted by: jacqueline at April 13, 2010 10:41 AM

We are pretty hard core Mac users at my house. When I was a kid our first computer was an Apple IIgs. It was sort of a pre-version of a Mac. And it was awesome. In college I had a PowerPC Mac and it too... awesome. Heck for part of college I still had that dinosaur IIgs and it printed all my papers even at like 6 years old. Today we have an iMac and a Macbook Pro and soon to be a 3g iPad. I have a Dell at work and honestly there is no comparison. My Dell is slow, laggy and temperamental. Our iMac never has a problem. And I can count on one hand how many times I've had to restart it in a year and 1/2. But I'm pretty biased, lol. Good luck with your decision. :D

Posted by: Jen at April 13, 2010 10:42 AM

New Mac owner- love it. After being a pc user for decades, the only thing I have trouble is that you don't right click with the mac mouse.
Everything is better with a Mac.

greenie

Posted by: greenie at April 13, 2010 11:09 AM

PC. Hubby works in IT but our workplace and home computers are all PC. No Mac love or support or interest in these parts. I know, I hear the lonely, dusty wind blowing around us. PC PC PC! Just got my first laptop in December and already had to fix one of the keys, however, I love my PCs.

Posted by: rebecca at April 13, 2010 11:33 AM

I was a PC until I had to by a new computer because my laptop wouldn't work with my Itouch. It had so much antivirus protection etc. that you would have to turn it on and wait 30 minutes before even attempting to get on the internet.

At everyone's encouragement I bought a Mac...how did I ever live without it? I stroke it gently and whisper nice things to it every day ;)

Posted by: Jean at April 13, 2010 11:36 AM

My family got a PC when I was about 12. I always used PCs. Then my employer gave me a MacBook. Love it. So I'm a Mac. However, I've never actually owned a computer...

Posted by: Heather at April 13, 2010 11:47 AM

PC but only because that's all I've ever known....

Posted by: Rose @Dozenroses13 at April 13, 2010 11:53 AM

Mac.

I own a couple of PCs, but I never use them.

Posted by: Elise at April 13, 2010 12:11 PM

I'm a PC *running Ubuntu Linux* person, on a Dell Inspiron 1521 currently. It installed in about an hour when the laptop was new, it already had all the major apps I use pre-installed, and I never looked back. Friendly, quick, and little to nil under-the-hood maintenance required. Only drawback is I can't get Second Life to run, but that's not necessarily a drawback since I have enough time sucks as it is.

Posted by: Kat at April 13, 2010 12:23 PM

Mac from the getgo.

Posted by: laineyDid at April 13, 2010 12:27 PM

I'm a PC person at work, but I bought a MacBook last year for home and I will never go back. Best purchase of 2009, hands down.

Posted by: Erin at April 13, 2010 12:56 PM

I built PCs back in college in the late 80's, sold PCs at Best Buy for a couple years, and became the de-facto IT guy for friends and family. In 2008, I picked up a MacBook Pro from a friend of the family. I cannot ever envision myself going back to PC.

I do have a Win-7 machine at home and an Ubuntu machine at work. My Win-7 machine has turned into a print server for my wife's laptop. My Ubuntu machine is a near-constant headache as the Ubuntu group refuses to support NVIDIA graphics effectively.

So personally, I like things that work -- that work with you and for you -- and that discounts a PC. Every iteration of OS X runs FASTER on existing hardware than the previous version. You can't say that about Windows.

And as I've told people looking to upgrade that fear change -- the move from XP to Mac is probably _easier_ than the move from XP to Win-7.

Oh, and you can run Windows AND Linux on your Mac, if you want to. So get the best of all worlds. Get a Mac.

Posted by: Doug at April 13, 2010 1:07 PM

I'm a Mac all the way.

I used a Mac as a kid, then a PC for probably 15 years.

Now I'm back on a Mac laptop (for a year and four months now) and I LOVE it.

Posted by: Jen R. (emeraldsunshine.org) at April 13, 2010 1:16 PM

After being a Ubuntu Linux person for a couple of years, I bought a MacBook Pro at the end of 2008 and have not looked back. Mac all the way.

Posted by: Kevin Spencer at April 13, 2010 1:35 PM

I'm a MAC person stuck in a PC user's body.

I'm saving up money for my reassignment surgery.

Posted by: Mindy at April 13, 2010 1:37 PM

My first computer was a TRS-80. Does that date me? There's an actual TRS-80 on display in the Smithsonian right now. (If the first statement didn't date me I'm sure that does.)

I use a PCs at home because my work has all PCs so I know the ins and outs better. But in general, I couldn't care less if it's a MAC or a PC. They each require getting used to and neither one works perfectly all the time. They just come with different problems.

Posted by: NG at April 13, 2010 1:43 PM

It's mac all the way in this household.
I can't imagine going back.

Posted by: bouncy at April 13, 2010 1:46 PM

I'm a "both" person. They both have their strengths. I play way too many video games to not have a PC, and lets face it, even though most games can be played on a Mac these days, I can build a more powerful PC for much cheaper.

Though I much prefer to do my photography stuff on a Mac, and I love how easy it is to do pretty much everything with my MacBook.

Posted by: Katie at April 13, 2010 2:03 PM

I got my first MAC last year and I love it more than a person should love a computer

Posted by: jodifur at April 13, 2010 2:04 PM

Oh, and yes, Vista was terrible. Windows 7 is much, much better.

Posted by: Katie at April 13, 2010 2:05 PM

Mac. 100% My husband was PC until we started dating and he used my laptop. After working in OS X, he never went back.

Posted by: Jodi at April 13, 2010 2:19 PM

I use both and have found myself frustrated at times with how MSOffice runs on Mac.

I have considered changing all the PCs in my house to Macs but for the cost. If I stay PC I can upgrade everything in my house for 30% less.

And there is no guarantee that I am going to suffer through endless problems because of it. So...

P.S. Got my first computer in '81- it was a Texas Instruments that used a cassette drive. Later changed to an Apple IIe.

Posted by: Jack at April 13, 2010 2:23 PM

Mac.

No question.

No going back.

Posted by: Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah at April 13, 2010 3:18 PM

Count me in the masses that became a mac snob within the last two years.

Posted by: statia at April 13, 2010 3:46 PM

I learned how to use computers on Macs in the mid-90s. Then I was a PC user until I got together with my husband a few years ago. I'm typing this on a 4 1/2 year old iBook that's still going strong. And I love our iMac as well.

Come back...

Posted by: Katherine at April 13, 2010 3:56 PM

Several years ago I bought a macmini for home, I use a PC at work. Best decision every. Works great for media, no issues with viruses. I eventually switched to a Time Capsule as my router and have airport express boxes all over the house adding speakers. Everything is easy. Except iPhoto... I hate that software, but I put up with it because I love everything else. My house now has 2 iPhones and a macbook.

Posted by: Lisa at April 13, 2010 4:29 PM

I'm a mac person at home, because I love how intuitive their iPhoto and iMovie programs are. I've been on a mac for probably the last 8-9 years. I have a pc at work and it's ok, but just ok. When new OSs come out they are not at all intuitive and it takes me a while to figure things out (because I hate asking the tech people for help...I seem to figure it out better than they can explain it to me). I've become a sort of mac snob!

Posted by: Lojo at April 13, 2010 4:35 PM

Mac. Devout.

Posted by: Janet at April 13, 2010 6:19 PM

Once you go Mac....

I bought a PC a year ago, because I needed a cheap laptop. I got exactly that. I LOATHE pc.

Posted by: Mr Lady at April 13, 2010 6:41 PM

Mac.

I have no problem with PC's per se, it's Windows I can't abide. It's personal, my programmer's perspective; everyone else is free to love Windows, but I loathe it. I dislike the monolithic architecture, the big mystery blob. Yuck. I like unix in most of its variations, and Mac's have always Just Worked. We've had Mac's in the house since the first Power PC Mac came out and I don't see that changing soon.

Posted by: Karl at April 13, 2010 6:44 PM

I know many, many people who have a strong opinion on this issue. Because I don't do anything too technical on the computer (especially these days!), I am fine using either a PC or a MAC. At my last job, I used a MAC exclusively and I will say that the reliability was the best I have encountered in a work place. If anything did go wrong, it was almost certainly fixed within 15 minutes or less. Personally, I find the help feature on a PC/Windows-based system to be much more, er, helpful...I could never get anywhere with using the MAC help feature. At home, we recently purchased a laptop to replace our ANCIENT Gateway computer. We went with a PC format mostly due to price. We have a Toshiba model with Windows Vista and so far, it's been great. I do like the MAC's cool factor and wouldn't be opposed to using MAC again in the future.

Posted by: Jane in Pa at April 13, 2010 7:11 PM

Had a PC when I was in Germany, otherwise it has been all Macs. Two adults and one child, and we have 4 Macs at home. I love Macs, as I don't have to think about anything. I just do.

I think more would own Macs if they were cheaper and there wasn't that discomfort level with going back and forth between PCs and Macs. Most businesses are stuck on PCs.

Posted by: One Mom's Opinion at April 13, 2010 7:11 PM

am a MAC person stuck in a PC body - meaning work bought my laptop so it had to be PC

if I had the cash it would be Mac all the way

Posted by: Kathryn at April 13, 2010 7:31 PM

I bought a MacBook for school a few years back and I just love it. I had huge problems with my previous laptop (Dell is teh debbil, if you were wondering.) but the few minor problems I've had with my MacBook have been dealt with so well and efficiently by Apple Support... overall it's just a much, much better experience!

Posted by: Heather at April 13, 2010 8:23 PM

I have used a PC for the last 11 years, but when I was going to school, and for one brief term of employment, I was using a Mac. I had to teach the entire CG division of teachers in my school that if you append file extensions to when you save work in a Mac, it CAN be transferred to a PC. For some reason no one believed me on that one for ages... lol.

My current computer is a Dell laptop, which was a nightmare to begin with... until I wiped the hard drive and reinstalled what I wanted, not what they wanted. Now its great.

But in my heart, I still want a Mac. I almost bought a Mac when I got the Dell, but price was an issue, as was the fact I'd have to repurchase a lot of software I couldn't afford to then, so I ended up with the PC.

One day though, I'll be a Mac. :)

Posted by: Debra at April 13, 2010 8:45 PM

Neither/both.

I have a 20" iMac for the fun stuff, a Samsung netbook for the couch at home.

At work my main system was an XP laptop but on Friday I swapped to have the 20" iMac (the one at work) to be my main system with a laptop and desktop running Windows XP as my secondary and tertiary systems.

If you wanna hang out on the couch AND have fun I vote Mac.

Posted by: Poppy at April 13, 2010 9:20 PM

currently loving my 15in macbookpro. so much better for working with my photos.

but back when my job used to be working with enormous excel spreadsheets? PCs. and they were a beyotch.

Posted by: kati at April 14, 2010 1:20 AM

Definitely a Mac, hands down. Hubby and I both run Linux on our machines but he high up in IT (runs the company's IT R&D dept) and there are constant discussions in our house about which OS is better: Linux vs Mac vs PC. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses for sure, and each is suited to different kinds of usage. Considering what you mainly use your computer for (music, photos etc), I would say that a Mac is definitely the best suited to your needs.

Posted by: Delia at April 14, 2010 3:44 AM

I'm a PC person. I can do everything a Mac person can do and more. I am a Webmaster though, and the tools available to me on the PC are not found on Mac. I cannot do my job or my home fun stuff on a Mac. Period. Too limiting.

However, if your home use is pictures, movies, and playing on the web, the Mac is a great way to go. It has better/prettier programs for those things.

One other note. Windows 7 is amazing and you can upgrade your PC twice as often due to the price difference. That keeps your stuff always fast and fresh.

Posted by: Brad at April 14, 2010 11:18 AM

My PC is for work (I'm a web developer) and my Mac is for fun (photography, music, movies). I have been, at one time or another, a dedicated PC snob and a Mac fanatic and I say if you can build a computer from scratch and know which parts to get, you can make a great PC that's as handy and reliable as a Mac but cheaper. If you can't, get a Mac or get friendly with that blue screen of death.

Posted by: Rengirl at April 14, 2010 5:06 PM

Miggity miggity Mac I would have to say. I agree with what my wife said up above. Bought her an iMac 24 2 years ago and haven't looked back since.

Posted by: Rex at April 14, 2010 5:46 PM

MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC

And did I mention
MAC

Posted by: Aimee Greeblemonkey at April 14, 2010 7:57 PM

I would love to be a Mac, but... $1,200 vs. $550 makes me a PC person, which for no I have been alright with (at least I've learnt the ins and outs).

Posted by: Nadia at April 14, 2010 9:23 PM

Mac. I've never, ever owned a non-Apple computer.

We had an Apple II (not an Apple II PLUS), and then my Mom used to bring home the Mac SE from work in a "kangaroo pouch" that looked like a soft-sided cooler. We had a Mac CX when I was in high school, and Mom bought me a Mac LC for college. When I graduated, I got the top of the line PowerBook 1400. I replaced that with a 14" iBook. Then I got a 12" PowerBook in 2005 and I am now using a 15" MacBook Pro. All my old Macs still start up and run. The only reason I ever replaced a computer was because the technology had outrun the specs on my machine. Love Apple. Will never look back.

Posted by: Brooke at April 15, 2010 1:04 PM

Everyone in my last office was a Mac. I was a PC. I used a Mac for 4 months for graphic design and just about poked my eyes out with a fork.

My oil/water relationship with Macs could be that I've used a PC for about 15 years. Just guessing... :P

Posted by: Emily at April 15, 2010 2:06 PM

I have macs at home, use a PC at work for some CADD, could use a mac for everything else, or use parallels.

That being said, I am less thrilled with OSX 10.5 and iTunes than I would expect. It breaks often in little ways on fully supported, modern mac hardware.

Posted by: anonymous at April 16, 2010 11:27 AM

Mac, no doubt. I work on computers for a living and have to use Windows often enough to know that I hate it almost completely.

I look at it as a quality over quantity thing. You pay a little more up front for a Mac but you're getting a better designed, better integrated and more widely usable computer. I am running OS 10.6.2 on my MacBook Pro but also have XP and Win7 available via VMWare Fusion.

Yes, you can get a PC machine for less but it won't last as long, will need more repairs and you've got viruses and other garbage to worry about and deal with.

Get a Mac and get back to enjoying computing without all the hassles.

Posted by: Erik at April 16, 2010 11:39 AM

I've always been a PC person, because when buying a computer my top priority has always been getting the "most" computer for the money.
I've bought Dells for years, but now I'm starting to think about a Mac, because after owning my laptop for a little over a year, it only starts up about 1 out of 3 times I ask it to. And I've noticed that Dells are great if you only plan to own them for 1-2 years, but after that they become incredibly stubborn and slow. So I'm actually thinking about laying down the cash to try a Mac whenever this one becomes unmanageable.

Posted by: Amy at April 17, 2010 4:29 PM

Definitely a Mac, I can't see myself buying anything else.

Posted by: Nat at April 25, 2010 8:44 AM