April 8, 2010

Crap On My Phone (Metaphorically Speaking)

Either most of you are on spring break (in which case I'm jealous) or I am boring the shit out of you (in which case I'm sorry but, well, deal with it). I do not believe this post will do anything improve the week for those of you who are bored. I apologize in advance. But the simple fact is, I often break out my phone and snap a picture thinking, in the back of my mind, "I should really show this to the internetwebosphere." And then I forget, because, well, because my memory is absolutely terrible. So here's the roundup of the latest I meant to show the internet pictures.

My doctor is kind of cool. Okay, I don't really like Kiss all that much. The Bowie albums are cool but it's hard to look past that Village People album. And Men Without Hats? Total one-hit wonders. And the simple fact is that the same doctor also has a Matchbox car room as well as a golf tee room. So maybe my doctor is just kind of a dork. drkiss.jpg

Owen got a haircut earlier in the day. Apparently he only cried for a few minutes. Mia decided it was necessary to repeat the process later that evening so she got a towel, armed Owen with Elmo, and grabbed a pan. What she was going to do with the pan was a little unclear but I got a little worried when, as she was standing over him with it she said, "okay, now its time to cry."
haircut.jpg

This is Owen looking cute and vaguely British.
jauntyhat.jpg

This is Owen brushing his teeth and looking vaguely girly.
owenteeth.jpg

This is Owen eating tofu with chopsticks. No, really. You didn't imagine any part of that sentence. Owen was eating tofu. With chopsticks.
owentofu.jpg

Oddly enough this is where I ate lunch the other day. Yeah, it's a truck but it's a truck with a kitchen. One dude works the register up front (which is a gigantic Mac) while another dude cooks up quite a spread in back. Adding to the intrigue is the fact that you never know where they're going to be one day to the next. They Tweet their location every morning. Amazingly, the food was awesome.
sauca.jpg

Best. Action. Figure. Ever.
crzycatlady.jpg

Posted by Chris at April 8, 2010 6:56 AM
Comments

Love the Crazy Cat Lady!
I know one day they will make an action figure of me. Crazy Dackel Lady!
The pictures of the kids make me smile, and I love those little wagon eateries! YUM!
Never bored, Chris. Always look forward to sharing your little piece of the world!

Posted by: Maribeth at April 8, 2010 8:12 AM

You had me at Crazy Cat Lady. A must have for any collector!

Houston is famous for its "taco trucks" but many have taken it to the next level and offer way more than just tacos.

Cute pics of the boy!

Posted by: Debbie at April 8, 2010 8:13 AM

Every year at our office, we have a White Elephant gift exchange, and someone brought a Crazy Cat Lady. It got LOTS of laughs!

Posted by: Emily at April 8, 2010 8:27 AM

Um out of all these I am most disturbed by the crazy cat lady. However if your son starts asking to have his nails painted , you might want to sit down and have a talk with him. lol

Posted by: SoccerMom at April 8, 2010 8:39 AM

Those pics? Awesome! I absolutely love the one of Mia and Owen! Its very Sweeney Todd haha

Posted by: Kris at April 8, 2010 8:45 AM

I NEED THE CRAZY CAT LADY! NEED!

And well, I'm not sure about the pan and the crying. That is slightly odd...

And I've noticed that the internet has been really quiet lately. So, I don't think it's you. Or maybe it's both of us. Ha!

Posted by: k8 at April 8, 2010 8:49 AM

oh my god... my husband has been trying to buy the crazy cat lady action figure for my sister for years. I keep talking him out of it. Not that i don't think it;s hilarious, because I do... but I don't know that she'd find it as humorous. Seeing as how it might hit close to home and all that.

Posted by: varinia at April 8, 2010 8:50 AM

Oh, the gems we find on our iphone cameras! I think we should start a meme and post these each week. I've got some doozies on my camera as well. Chocolate covered ritz crackers anyone? And Chris? Tell Mia to put the pan down, please.

Posted by: Christy at April 8, 2010 8:54 AM

I want the crazy cat lady figure.

Posted by: William at April 8, 2010 8:55 AM

For a second there, I thought Owen was wearing a Snuggie! LOL Love the pictures though! And I wish there was a food truck around here...especially one that brings tacos as someone had mentioned ;D

Posted by: MIchelle at April 8, 2010 9:32 AM

OH NOOOOES! NO MORE UBER-CRAZY OWEN HAIR?!?!?

Fine. I'll deal. But I did love his Kajagoogoo hair, and I can't believe it's gone. :-(

Posted by: Elise at April 8, 2010 9:50 AM

Sauca?! I'm there! that is brilliant!
Always looking for a better place to grab a quick healthy lunch that's better than the food courts.
Found Teaism on the weekend... yummm...

Posted by: Lisa at April 8, 2010 10:13 AM

Love the kiddo pics. And way down here in the pit of Arkansas, I saw the Crazy Cat Lady figure in a coffee shop. She's everywhere!

Posted by: Gweny at April 8, 2010 10:57 AM

Above my writing desk, I have 8 autographed LPs in frames. 4 of them I had signed myself and 4 (plus one that's not hanging) were purchased for me by my ex, who DOES NOT understand that (for me) there is no point in buying pre-signed LPs. Hello? The fun is in meeting the band? I have only one picture disk. It's Journey, maybe Evolution-era? I think your doctor's room themes are cool. My dentist has a USC room and one dedicated to old toothpaste ads.

I love the picture of Mia and Owen. I think I might adopt "Okay, now it's time to cry" as my personal motto. You ought to make a t-shirt of that and sell it.

Posted by: Brooke at April 8, 2010 11:34 AM

Well she's obviously using the pan as a representation of the big mirror they give you when the haircut is done so you can see what a horri.....I mean great job they did cutting your hair.

I need the crazy cat lady doll. Do they sell an accessory pack with extra cats in it?

Posted by: pinetree22 at April 8, 2010 12:19 PM

I'll have to let my neighbor know that she has been made into an action figure.

Posted by: Sarah at April 8, 2010 12:41 PM

I so want one of those crazy cat lady figures.

Posted by: Kevin Spencer at April 8, 2010 1:11 PM

Crazy cat lady ...is priceless!!!!

Posted by: Julie Andel at April 8, 2010 2:55 PM

The cat lady is hilarious! I wish we had a food truck that tweeted around here!!

Posted by: Rose @Dozenroses13 at April 8, 2010 9:35 PM

My bff has been threatening to buy me the crazy cat lady figurine for years now! Did you know there is also a crazy cat lady board game? The goal is to collect the most... cats. Who'da thunk it?

Posted by: Debra at April 8, 2010 10:48 PM

This nosey ho wants to know what you had for lunch out of the truck :P

Posted by: kami at April 8, 2010 11:55 PM

CRAZY CAT LADY.
Best ending to a post ever.

Posted by: Aimee Greeblemonkey at April 9, 2010 12:05 AM

I stick my tongue out and shake my fist at anyone on spring break! DAMN YOU!

Actually - I'm super busy with work. In a "Damn it, Janet!" kind of way. Which is cool because I love what I do, but which kinda sucks because I'm all like "what? You want me to WORK?"

ADORE the pics of the kids - makes me smile.

Posted by: Mindy at April 9, 2010 11:39 AM

Not so much boring as in, I'm stupidly far behind on my blog reading sorry.

I'm not sure if it's the chopsticks or the tofu that I am in more disbelief about...

Also keep an eye on Mia... she looks dangerous with that pot.

Posted by: Nat at April 10, 2010 11:03 AM

Haha, now this is why the internet is for! Your daughter is funny and the pic of your son with the cap is cute. Love the crazy cat lady....but....

Serving food from a truck with a Mac at the counter and Tweeting their varying location on a day to day basis - how 2010 of them!

Posted by: Roshan at April 19, 2010 10:39 PM