April 16, 2010

TheWeeklies #128

The Weekly Kick-Ass Innovation. If you happen to be a Netflix subscriber and are also armed with a Wii, did you know that you can get movies and stuff streamed directly to you? Early this week, Netflix began sending Wii users their discs. And you know what? It's a little piece of awesome right there in your living room.

The Weekly Time-Waster. Give I Don't Even Game a spin. Guaranteed timewaster.

The Weekly Read. The House Of Tomorrow by Peter Bognanni was a strange yet wonderful piece of fiction. It somehow combined a naive kid living in a geodesic dome, inventor Buckminister Fuller, and a heart-transplant patient hell-bent on starting a punk rock band. I didn't have high expectations going into it but I left very satisfied. Bognanni is a great writer and his off-kilter premise was wholly original and very compelling.

The Weekly Viral Video And Sure Sign That Someone Has Way Too Much Time On Their Hands. Check out the Great American Horn Machine.

The Weekly Schadenfreude. Oh Larry King. After five or so marriages, why do even bother? Yes, marriage number eight is over for Larry. Apparently he was banging his wife's sister. What I want to know is this - how does Larry keep scoring chicks? It's the suspenders isn't it?

The Weekly Question. If you were forced into plastic surgery, what would you have done?

Posted by Chris at April 16, 2010 7:38 AM
Comments

We received our Netflix Wii disk yesterday. I set it p late last night, and created a queue, but we haven't watched anything yet.

Posted by: Allan at April 16, 2010 7:50 AM

Okay, like almost every woman I know I have thought of this! I would have a saddle-bag-ectomy! That's about it. I don't mind too much else on my body, but I hate the stupid saddle-bags!

Posted by: Maribeth at April 16, 2010 8:08 AM

Yeah - Larry King. Yuck!

I'm a little vain and turning 50 (Thursday! 4/22! Remember it!), so I would have a little face lifting, definitely a boob uplift, and a tummy tuck. I think that'll do it.

Posted by: NancyJ at April 16, 2010 8:11 AM

Haven't commented in ages and what brings me back? Your plastic surgery question...slapping myself about the head right now. Anyhoo...I'd have liposuction and a tummy tuck, no doubt.

Posted by: Elizabeth at April 16, 2010 8:38 AM

We've had Netflix streaming on the Xbox for at least a year. It really is like living in the future.

Posted by: COD at April 16, 2010 8:42 AM

Wii and Netflix... like peanut butter and chocolate.

Banging the sister? Really? Who does he think he is...Tiger Woods?

Posted by: Clark Kent's Lunchbox at April 16, 2010 9:18 AM

Tummy tuck & butt lift, for sure!

Larry King = eww

Posted by: Kris at April 16, 2010 9:24 AM

The appeal of Larry King = $$$$$$$$$. That's the ONLY possibility. He's Mr. Burns with a different voice. What's WRONG with these broads?

I'd have my neck done. I'm starting to see hints of turkey neck, and oh dear God, that will not do. Turkey neck freaks me right out, for some reason.

The rest? F*ck it. I'm almost 50, I'm allowed.

Posted by: Elise at April 16, 2010 9:53 AM

I work for a plastic surgeon. And I've seen it all. Everyone wants tummy tucks and liposuction. But here's a little tip for ya. If you're not within 10 percent of your body weight, and you don't change your lifestyle? FAT GROWS BACK WHEREVER IT CAN! Seriously. You get the fat sucked out of your thighs? It will grow on your butt. Take it out of your tummy? Hello fat back!

Posted by: k8 at April 16, 2010 10:07 AM

I'm so psyched about Netflix via Wii! My first selection was a documentary called The King of Kong, about a guy who recently challenged the record for the highest score in Donkey Kong. It was highly entertaining.

Posted by: Trish at April 16, 2010 10:10 AM

I really hope this weekly question did not come from Mia.

I would have the feeding tube scar on my stomach covered up. I don't mind the other surgical scars, but that one really stands out.

Posted by: Krush at April 16, 2010 10:38 AM

I would have a bood lift. No mine did not droop due to kids, they are naturally "tear drop" shape and quite honestly, I feel like a freak!

Posted by: debb at April 16, 2010 11:54 AM

We got our Netflix Wii disk over a week ago, and I LOVE it so much! We don't have TV channels of any sort, so it's really nice to have something so readily available when we decide we want to watch something at night.

I don't really have any interest in cosmetic surgery, but I guess I would have the crepey skin smoothed out on my belly from where my kids pushed against me for the last few months they were in there. It's the only thing that really bugs me.

Posted by: heels at April 16, 2010 12:43 PM

I would get a tummy tuck and a boob lift for sure!

Posted by: BRIANNA at April 16, 2010 12:45 PM

Can I have two? Manbreast reduction and hair transplant, please. (That makes me sound so hot!)

Posted by: beta dad at April 16, 2010 12:59 PM

Larry King grosses me out. BIG TIME!

I'd have my boobs lifted. In fact, nobody is forcing me, and I'm seriously looking into it right now. I think at 34, they should still be full and perky (at least a LITTLE!) Yeah. Not one bit. And when I mentioned it to my unmarried partner, he replied "I'd pay for half, you should totally do it, babe." Which is kind of like giving your wife shapewear for Mother's Day.

Posted by: Mindy at April 16, 2010 1:41 PM

Larry King=EWWW, as someone else clearly stated.
As for being forced into plastic surgery?? Nose job. Tummy tuck. Boobs.

*sigh*

beta dad? Love your honesty. A lot of men would never admit that they want to change anything!

Posted by: Jen at April 16, 2010 2:50 PM

I find Larry very charming. Would I want to get it on with him, no. That being said, there are tons of women that would simply because the man is super rich.

I doubt I would, but I'm starting to notice more age spots and freckles appearing on my face and hands. A peel or something, but surgery doubtful. I feel once you start that, you want to change everything.

Posted by: One Mom's Opinion at April 16, 2010 5:03 PM

xbox for over a year, playstation 3 for about 6 months and now Wii ...we have more netflix disks than we know what to do with.

Posted by: Alexandra at April 16, 2010 6:05 PM

Probably my knees, I don't like my knees....
I had Larry in my weeklies this week too!

Posted by: Rose @Dozenroses13 at April 16, 2010 9:00 PM

plastic surgery? Probably get some fat sucked out of my belly/tummy tuck.

Wanted to tell you I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on your recommendation. Then HAD to read TGW Played with Fire. Now I have pre-ordered the Hornet's Nest for my Kindle. Thanks for the recommend. I have Swedish ancestors and know virtually nothing about Sweden, so it sparked a bit of internet fact-finding on the Swedes.

Posted by: Lojo at April 16, 2010 9:49 PM

Well this just invites a big ol' overshare but oh well lol. Lipo, tummy tuck, boob lift and ... ok I guess that's it. For now. :P

Posted by: Heather at April 16, 2010 9:59 PM

Larry King....NEVER....yuck.....plastic surgery...TMI coming here...lol...i'd like a nipple lift....not a full boob lift, just the nipples...them babies have been heading south for a lonngggg time....happy with the size of the boob...just the position of the nipple.....gotta move up.....now aren't you glad you asked that question...lol....

Posted by: Roberta at April 17, 2010 12:11 AM

I'm impressed Larry King can get it up. LOL.

Plastic surgery... oh god. Hard one since I'm opposed. Does getting pre-cancerous moles removed count, since I have to get them checked anyway?

Posted by: Nat at April 17, 2010 11:58 AM

Totally freaked out by plastic surgery. But if someone was gonna pay for it, I'd have my neck done. That's it. I can live with the rest of me. And if they come up with a cheap, easy and non-invasive way to make my neck look like it did when I was a teen, I'm totally there!

Posted by: Cyndy at April 17, 2010 4:16 PM

Boob lift and a cup size added!!!

Posted by: Karen at April 17, 2010 10:35 PM

I absolutely LOVE Netflix on the Wii. The older kids have had Netflix in their rooms for a while now, using the Xbox 360 but since the Wii is in the living room where the little kids play, I can finally watch movies at night! Actually, my 3 year old had a blast today just surfing through all the cartoons he could watch now thanks to Netflix. :)

Larry King.... I don't really know what the appeal is there.

As for the cosmetic surgery, I'd have a tummy tuck. Having four kids kinda requires one I think. At least for me it does! :-)

Posted by: Michelle at April 18, 2010 12:02 AM

I actually just put in to have my Netflix disc for the Wii sent to me today. Now to talk the boyfriend into wireless internet because I don't fancy running a cable through the whole house.

Oh hell, I'll probably just get a new (wireless) router and not tell him. *evil grin* Have it all set up before he gets home from work one day.

Plastic surgery... honestly, I think I would have my boobs "fixed" because the more weight I manage to lose, the less good they look outside of a bra. Still, I'd rather lose the once great tits then spend my whole life carrying around all this extra flesh.

Posted by: Debra at April 18, 2010 5:05 AM

The person who forced me into it. (Yes, I am converting the word "done" into "killed off". I'm all New York City, and I don't like to be forced into stuff. :)

Posted by: Poppy at April 18, 2010 12:11 PM

I believe I would have lipo. I'm happy with myself, but there are some areas that could use a little suctioning off!

Posted by: Stephanie at April 18, 2010 7:37 PM

I meant to post this when you asked what everyone is watching, but it seems especially germane now - have you considered a Roku? You can stream movies from Netflix like on the Wii AND rent or buy new releases from Amazon for the same price as a video store. It totally beats standing in there on Friday night trying to pick something to watch from the dregs of what has not yet been rented or trying to anticipate what you *might* want to watch on Saturday only to have it go unwatched altogether. It is transformative!

Posted by: ashley at April 18, 2010 10:55 PM

If you are willing to buy a house, you will have to receive the credit loans. Furthermore, my father usually uses a student loan, which occurs to be really reliable.

Posted by: MosleyMELINDA18 at August 7, 2011 3:03 AM