May 20, 2010

The Return

If you stopped by on Monday, you might have figured out where I've been the last couple of days. Beth and I packed up the kids, a vast percentage of their stuff, and headed to the beach for a family vacation with my parents and some other family and friends. If you got the clues correctly, you know we went to the Outer Banks (far-flung financial institutions), between the towns of Duck (decoy) and Corolla (Toyota).

Here's a quick run-down of the trip, by the numbers.

Sunny days: 1.5
Cloudy, rainy days: 3
Vicious thunderstorms: 1
Cars left out in vicious thunderstorms: 1
Windows left down in said thunderstorm: 1
Inches of rain in car after vicious thunderstorm: 2
Backs burned: 1
Movies watched: 1
Beers consumed: 10
Crabcakes eaten: 2
iPad demonstrations given to family: 5
iPads I think I sold for Apple: 3 (Steve Jobs, I expect a reacharound)
Hours spent in car: 14
Hours spent on beach: 10
DVD players bought for the car ride: 2
Times we praised the saint who invented portable DVD players: 65 million
Kids who were absolute saints in the car: 2
Games of Chutes & Ladders and Candyland played: 500 minimum
Crossword puzzles completed: 5
Work emails accumulated: 300
Times Owen requested Daddy, let's listen to rock and roll!: 20

There you have it. It was a short trip, more like a long vacation, but despite the abundance or rain, it was damn near perfect.

Anyhoo, I missed you guys. What's up? What did I miss?

Posted by Chris at May 20, 2010 6:22 AM
Comments

Still not trip to Germany, which means that my dog, Anneliese has not gone into heat! Let us pray that she does this soon as I want a nice liter of German Beer and a fabulous Schnitzel to go with it!
Missed you guys!

Posted by: Maribeth at May 20, 2010 7:36 AM

I only went to the Outerbanks once. 4th of July. I spent an hour in traffic and then gave up and drove down the coast to Atlantic Beach. Best weekend I ever had. :)

Posted by: Jon (was) in Michigan at May 20, 2010 7:56 AM

You didn't miss much, I don't think. I am slowly drowning in boxes and piles of things for the thrift stores. I hate moving. Have I ever mentioned that before? I really hate moving across the entire friggin' country.

Posted by: Sparkle Pants at May 20, 2010 9:29 AM

I love the Outer Banks. And I STILL love Candy Land.

Posted by: k8 at May 20, 2010 9:56 AM

Love love love Owen's rock and roll request! So cute!! Thanks for sharing :)

Posted by: Niki at May 20, 2010 10:09 AM

Sounds dreamy! Enjoy the rest of the week and the upcoming weekend!

Posted by: molly at May 20, 2010 10:49 AM

We just got back to Oregon, which is a twelve hour car trip. I can't even tell you how often we thanked God for the portable DVD player. Whoever invented those things need a big kiss!

Posted by: Holly at May 20, 2010 11:19 AM

Work. You missed work and you're better for it.

Posted by: Brad at May 20, 2010 11:25 AM

My kitten went into heat early, 2.5 weeks before her scheduled spay appointment. I took her in to get her shots so she'd be ready for the big day, the vet tech put Advantage allllll over her back, and as soon as I got her home she licked her back and started frothing at the mouth.

And by frothing, I mean, ... like in the movies when someone's dying from cyanide. After the frothing stopped she went into a scary deep sleep for the remainder of the day.

Scariest kitty moments in a very long time.

She's totally fine and out of heat as of yesterday morning. And right now she's eating my plant. bye.

(Glad you had a great vacation. :)

Posted by: Poppy at May 20, 2010 11:42 AM

You were missed greatly. Glad everyone else was sharp enough to pick up on those clues.

Good to see you had such a fabulous time. :)

The youngest and I have both been sick. Wind and allergies--bad combination.

Posted by: debb at May 20, 2010 12:01 PM

Love your posts like this! I need to do one of these someday. Wanna see pics, of course. :)

Posted by: L y s h a at May 20, 2010 3:18 PM

Awesome list!

Posted by: Heather at May 20, 2010 5:00 PM

Only 2 crabcakes?? Is that because you Fed-Exed me the other 10??

Posted by: Rose @Dozenroses13 at May 22, 2010 12:07 AM