June 16, 2010

Off Kilter

I realize it's only Wednesday but my week has been thoroughly bizarre and I'm curious if it's just me.

1. I kinda wigged out yesterday. I was really pissed.

2. Owen made up the following song:
    My no hatch* vagina
    My hatch penis
    Yay penis

3. I passed a car for the third time in a week covered with bumper stickers. I mean covered. As in there's not a single square inch without a bumper sticker. How do you trade a car like that in?

4. I was in the bathroom at work when the reasoning behind one of my many bathroom rules was proven sound. One should never pull pants and underwear down to ankle level when sitting on a toilet. First, the floor is dirty. Second, someone might notice that you - a professional individual - are wearing Hannah Montana boxers.

5. This was recommended to me on Amazon:
    oddweek1.jpg

Interesting title. And that's some huge instrument he's got.

6. My iPod started playing songs totally out of order for no apparent reason.

7. I found out the first girl I ever dated in high school now works for my company in an office very close to mine.

8. Owen was bitten by an emu. You know. An emu.
    oddweek2.jpg

Am I the only one having a weird week?

* for those of you who don't speak Owen, this is the way he says "has"

Posted by Chris at June 16, 2010 6:40 AM
Comments

Poor Owen!
Yes, it has been a bizarre week and I thought perhaps it was due to Jet Lag!

Posted by: Maribeth at June 16, 2010 7:25 AM

wow!!! weird week indeed!!! and you passed that ominous trait onto your one and only son?? being bit by an EMU???? does he know what fate he faces? is your first girl still as hot as you thought she was at the time? after my divorce and 10 years i saw my first husband again, still single... and he had aged like fine wine... and still had that longing look in his eye when he looked at me... gasp!!! i could have handed him my heart then and there... but remembered why we split... and wondered how little time it would take to get back to that...........as far as weird for me? our state is offering an incentive to retire, i was planning on working 7 more years... but with concessions i made (2 years worth) to bring back people for 4 months this school year... it makes more sense (the rest of my life wise) for me to retire... i'm not "done" yet... we are starting a whole new software base for our systems across the board... and i love changes like that... (i live for the insanity of the users who dislike change)... and i'm gonna not be here for it... i have cast my fate to the wind... and know that there is a new adventure out there for me...but right now, in the thick of things...it just seems unreal

Posted by: theunicorn at June 16, 2010 7:28 AM

you have to explain about the emu... I have visions of packs of wild emus running around terrorizing your neighbourhood. (Poor Owen hope he's ok.)

My week... is busy. Very very busy. And I'm really, for someone who parked her career, it shouldn't be like that.

Posted by: Nat at June 16, 2010 7:35 AM

I'm disturbed that they're even *making* Hannah Montana boxers. I'd ask who in the hell would want to wear them, but you've already answered that question.

Posted by: Fraulein N at June 16, 2010 8:43 AM

"Hatch" was my favorite part of the post. It made me giggle.

I can't say that my week is full of as many "What the hell?!" moments as yours (at least not yet ... knock on wood), but the good news? We're in the middle of the week! Maybe next week will be boringly calm to compensate. :o)

Posted by: Emily at June 16, 2010 8:58 AM

Dude, I got nothing. My week has been refreshingly normal. However, in re: bumper sticker cars: most of the ones I see are at least 10-15 years old. I don't think they're getting traded in. I think the owners either drive them until they die, or they just sell them privately to a like-minded citizen or ironic-feeling college kid.

Posted by: Dawn at June 16, 2010 10:50 AM

I don't even feel like I am walking around in my own body or my own life this week. Everything is completely off kilter. Something must not be properly aligned out there in the universe somewhere.....

Posted by: Jen at June 16, 2010 11:08 AM

Yes, it has been an odd week...actually an odd couple of months, but mostly because I can't get any answers on a medical situation that is going on and therefore I can't focus on anything else.

Where did Owen run into an emu to get bitten? And, yes, I agree with the other posters, I think you passed the "weird things happen to me" trait onto Owen.

Posted by: Krush at June 16, 2010 12:27 PM

I nearly hit an emu with my car once.

My boyfriend thought I was hallucinating, as I told him I was driving down my usual country road when this gigantic creature, that looked like an OSTRICH, jumped out at me from the ditch in the side of the road. I slammed on the brakes, swerved, and the *thing* disappeared. I wondered myself whether I may have, in fact, been hallucinating.

And then that evening, on the news, they mentioned my dinky little town, an exurb to a major metropolitan area. And in my little town, an emu farm had discovered a broken gate, and the emus were out on the run.

I felt so vindicated. And it was weird.

Posted by: Sabrina at June 16, 2010 12:47 PM

Weird, I received the same recommendation from Amazon.

Posted by: LaineyDid at June 16, 2010 12:54 PM

That is sounding like a mighty random week indeed. And emus were scary to me before, but now? That photo is going to give me nightmares ;) And even though I don't "hatch" a penis, Owen's song greatly amuses me.

Posted by: Heather at June 16, 2010 3:07 PM

It IS a weird week.

Is that girl stalking you? it's weird.

Emus freaking scare me. Emus and ostriches. Terrifying. I can deal with owls, hawks, anything but emus and ostriches. They're relentless. On of them bit Owen? I KNEW they were up to no good! Assholes.

Posted by: Jenn Benn at June 16, 2010 5:02 PM

#1 Corporations exist to maximize profits for their owners. So they cut corners. C'est la vie, and always will be, unless we better fund our regulatory agencies and pass laws with teeth in them.

#2&8 Supreme cuteness. Emus look mean - I hope Owen wasn't too scared or hurt.

#3 I once painted an art car with some friends and all my dad had to say was, "how is he going to re-sell that thing." Harumph.

#4 LOL, and I'm not a promiscuous LOL'er. You are a mix of grumpy old senior and tween girl.

#6 I think iPods have developed higher intelligence in secret. They are amassing information and will eventually take over the world.

Posted by: Laura Gato at June 17, 2010 9:13 PM

Quelqu'un peut-il me dire comment obtenir les avatars peu à montrer dans ma section des commentaires? merci!

Posted by: Lancel at November 18, 2011 4:28 AM