July 8, 2010

Cactus-Fish Kid Truth #1

Owen is a holy terror, leaving a trail of destruction behind him. Mia neatly stacks everything up. The moral? Every kid - whether they're related or not - is different. And slightly insane.

Posted by Chris at July 8, 2010 8:35 PM
Comments

Okay then. Thanks for the clarification ;)

Posted by: Heather at July 8, 2010 9:31 PM

agreed. i've got an Organizer and a Hurricane over here myself...

Posted by: kati at July 9, 2010 1:16 AM

I have 3 (now adult) boys. You'd never know they all have the same 2 parents. So very different in every way imaginable.

I still stick with the *truth* that your first is a tease. . . happy, neat, sweet. . . it tricks you into wanting more kids, and no others will ever like that first one again! :)

Posted by: 3jaysmom at July 9, 2010 9:07 AM

True story:

A friend and his wife have two kids. The first, a girl, broke speed records in development, especially at the areas of talking, reading, walking, math, conversing, painting, and biophysics. She's now 7 and will probably start writing symphonies in a week or two.

Their second, a boy, is 2 and still spends his time whining, crying, crawling hither and yon, refusing to leave the world of the diaper, barely says anything more than 'buh', and lives primarily to shove cheese into either his hair or his gaping maw.

He's not behind in development in any way, it's just that they were so spoiled with the first kid, that they spend a lot of time looking at each other and wondering in which case the sperm went haywire. Was the girl the anomaly and the boy a more accurate gene mirror? They don't really want to know.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at July 9, 2010 9:55 AM

Ha! Welcome to my world. Our daughter is 10 and loves books and flowers and the Colonial era when children were proper and well-behaved. Our son is 3 and loves attacking and fighting and screaming and general destruction.

Of course, she is running head-long into puberty, so I fear they will soon be more similar than I'd like.

Posted by: Tara at July 9, 2010 1:00 PM