September 3, 2010

The Weeklies #147

The Weekly Mental State. Absolutely exhausted.

The Weekly Secondary Mental State. Sad. I'm really quite bummed that the summer is almost officially over. It was an excellent one and I'm very to see it go.

The Weekly Beer. Dos Equis Amber. Ole!

The Weekly Read. John Sanford is awesome, right? We can all agree on that, can't we? The thing is that he's so good you fly through his books and even though he's pretty prolific you reach a point at which your got nothing left. Enter David Housewright. Apparently he's been writing for some time though I just discovererd him. Like Sanford, his characters haunt the Twin Cities area. Like Sanford, his main character is a bit of a unique personality with a keen sense of justice. Like Sanford, Housewright writes with a lot of action and a great sense of humor. So you're thinking is guy's just ripping Sanford off? Think again. He's got a unique voice, unique characters and a very distinct style. Start off with A Hard Ticket Home and you probably won't be disappointed.

The Weekly Geek-Out. Want to know a little more about the world around you? Check out Vision of Humanity and prepare to be amazed (and a little edumacated too).

The Weekly Schadenfreude. Was anyone surprised that Paris Hilton got busted for cocaine possession? Nah, me either.

The Weekly Question. If you were falsely accused of a terrible crime would you rather serve time or be on the run?

Posted by Chris at September 3, 2010 8:00 AM
Comments

I think I'd rather do the time (unless it's a life or death sentence). If you're on the run and get caught, you end up having to do time anyway (probably MORE time) so you might as well get it over with. I think the stress of being a fugitive would kill me.

Posted by: Fraulein N at September 3, 2010 8:59 AM

I would stand innocent, even if I went to jail. If I were sentenced to death, falsely, I would pray that I would get off, but if not, I know that God would take care of me after.
For better or worse, I have faith!

Posted by: Maribeth at September 3, 2010 9:06 AM

Good question. Falsely convicted? On the run, for sure. Falsely accused? I wouldn't run from that.

Posted by: Brad at September 3, 2010 9:14 AM

Oh please! It wasn't Paris's purse!! It was her friends! How was she to know it was there? (insert sarcasm)

Posted by: Debbie at September 3, 2010 10:50 AM

I'd do the time and pray for justice. Running just makes me look guilty and besides, who's got the energy or time to be on the lam?

Posted by: Brooke at September 3, 2010 11:20 AM

Do the time...at least I'd have my family and friends to support me then. If I was on the run I'd be all alone and look really guilty...even if I wasn't.

Posted by: Krush at September 3, 2010 12:29 PM

I would likely do the time, wanting to stand and face it instead of run - but I would definitely fight my best from the "inside" to get things cleared up!
And the peace map thing? Got to love that the US ranks below Rwanda, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Sierra Leone, and of course, my beloved Canada ;)

Posted by: Heather at September 3, 2010 7:29 PM

Every one remembers that life is not cheap, but some people require cash for various issues and not every person earns big sums money. Thus to get quick personal loans or small business loan would be a correct solution.

Posted by: ReeseAutumn at August 17, 2011 10:41 PM