October 15, 2010

The Weeklies #152

The Weekly Heroes. Florencio Avalos Silva, Mario Sepulveda Espinace, Juan Illanes Palma, Carlos Mamani Solis, Renan Avalos Silva, Mario Gomez Heredia, Jimmy Sanchez Lagues, Ariel Ticona Yanez, Edison Pena Villarroel, Víctor Zamora Bugueno, Raul Bustos Ibanez, Claudio Yanez Lagos, Víctor Segovia Rojas, Jorge Galleguillos Orellana, Jose Henriquez Gonzalez, Samuel Avalos Acuna, Claudio Acuna Cortes, Franklin Lobos Ramirez, Osman Araya, Yonni Barrios Rojas, Alex Vega Salazar, Richard Villarroel Godoy, Daniel Herrera Campos, José Ojeda Vidal, Luis Urzúa Iribarren, Carlos Barrios Contreras, Omar Reygada Rojas, Juan Carlos Aguilar Gaete, Carlos Bugueño Alfaro, Pedro Cortés Contreras, Pablo Rojas Villacorta, Darío Segovia Rojo, Esteban Rojas Carrizo and all who worked to rescue them.

The Weekly Disturbing Experiment. Ever wondered what happens to a Happy Meal if it sits in the same place undisturbed for six months? Someone tried it out and you may be surprised by the results.

The Weekly Read. Continuing on my quest to read nothing but scary books in October, I gave Brian Keene's Castaways a shot. In it, a reality TV show very much like Survivor is being shot on a deserted island. But is it really deserted? And how many contestants will survive? Being a Survivor fan I couldn't resist giving it a shot. It was good campy fun but that's about it.

The Weekly Review of a Movie I Haven't Seen. This week, I'm taking a critical look at Conviction starring Hillary Swank and some other people. Swank, playing Betty Anne, heroically puts her life on hold to get a law degree and get her brother off death row. Drama ensues. Swank turns in a top-notch performance though her head often looks too large for her body. The music is quite melodic. The film is 1 hour and 37 minutes long which is 5,820 seconds. The film is rated R for strong language and naked dwarf tossing. Five out of 18 stars, except on Tuesdays.

The Weekly Schadenfreude. Let's hear it for longevity in celebrity marriages. Like Courtney Cox...well...Christina Aguilera...um...Ben Harper...wait...Brett Favre. Oh hell, at least it's been a banner week for divorce attorneys.

The Weekly Question. What's your biggest vice?

Posted by Chris at October 15, 2010 7:00 AM
Comments

I guess my biggest vice would be pointless video games! Smoking used to be my worst habit, but I gave that up 18 months ago (yeah me :)).

Posted by: Elizabeth at October 15, 2010 8:51 AM

I have to go with the boring old coffee but god, that first sip... heaven. I left Mcdonalds hamburgers in a car while I saw a movie and when i came back, though they looked the same, the car smelled like death. Did the video mention the smell? (I only watched)

Posted by: Claire at October 15, 2010 9:05 AM

See, a Happy Meal is health food! Well, sort of, if you look at it as never going bad.
Very sad about all the divorces.
My biggest vice?
Dark Chocolate. I can rationalize eating it, even at 6 AM!

Posted by: Maribeth at October 15, 2010 9:17 AM

Eating out ... generally... I hate to cook and will look for any and every excuse to eat out.

Totally agree with you on the heroes.

Posted by: 3jaysmom at October 15, 2010 9:27 AM

Chocolate milk.

Posted by: Brad at October 15, 2010 10:11 AM

My biggest vice (or sin, I suppose you could say) is sloth. I could get so much more done if I had better sleeping habits and didn't spend so much time in bed.

Posted by: Fraulein N at October 15, 2010 10:35 AM

Boring but accurate~ Coffee, without it, I just don't function

Posted by: Shannon at October 15, 2010 11:04 AM

It would definitely have to be chocolate. I can eat it at any time of day and in most of it's various and delicious forms.

The happy meal video? Disturbing to say the least.

Posted by: Foggy Dew at October 15, 2010 11:23 AM

Smoking.

Posted by: k8 at October 15, 2010 11:54 AM

My greatest vice is caffeine. I'm really boring.

That Happy Meal thing is gross. I think you may have cured me of eating them.

Posted by: Brooke at October 15, 2010 12:01 PM

Morgan Spurlock did a documentry a while ago about McDonalds. It was called "Supersize Me." I'm sure you've heard of it. Anyway, in the extras he did the same thing only with a regular hamburger and fries. Old news, people!

Posted by: Holly at October 15, 2010 12:20 PM

My biggest vice? Books. I'm such a book nerd. I have a shelf of books I havent' read and then I go to the library and pick up a few more, and then I DL some on the kindle. I am SO far behind. I actually get a little panicky if I have nothing to read, so I try to always have five to ten books on hand (at least) to keep that from ever happening. It's weird, I know.

And Hilary Swank's head? Yeah. Huge. Also, her teeth.

Posted by: Sarah at October 15, 2010 1:07 PM

i've decided that i'm going to start calling a certain part of the male anatomy "the favre". as in, keep your favre in your pants!

and my biggest vice? i think i've got at least two. starbucks and the internet.

Posted by: kati at October 15, 2010 4:27 PM

Books/magazines and coffee!

Posted by: Sue R at October 15, 2010 4:56 PM

Red wine

Posted by: english thorn at October 15, 2010 10:26 PM

and "coronation street" (only the brits/ex-pats will understand)

Posted by: english thorn at October 15, 2010 10:27 PM

My biggest vice? Your blog!

Posted by: Jeff A at October 16, 2010 12:16 PM

That McDonald's experiment is just gross. I'm not nearly so disturbed by the lack of visible decomposition as I am by the idea of having the same hamburger and fries on your coffee table for six months. What do you do with it when you have guests over? The thought of accidentally touching it is almost vomit-inducing for me.

And my vice is definitely candy, specifically chocolate. I have a severe weakness for chocolate.

Posted by: Angela at October 16, 2010 6:22 PM

The McDonalds story - so gross. I feel like a terrible mother ever letting my kids put that crap in their bodies.

As for my vice? McDonalds french fries - no, just kidding. It's a toss up between coffee and ice cream and chocolate and wine and.....

Posted by: Jules at October 17, 2010 9:28 AM

My biggest vice is garlic. :)

Posted by: Poppy at October 18, 2010 3:48 PM

I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!
usb

Posted by: cooling pad at June 7, 2011 4:50 AM

I had a desire to start my own business, nevertheless I didn't have got enough amount of money to do this. Thank heaven my mate recommended to use the mortgage loans. Thus I took the small business loan and realized my old dream.

Posted by: CurryMARTHA at June 13, 2011 12:57 AM

I like this post it is very good and informative. I am sure that this post will be very much helpful for people. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: tablette at June 19, 2011 10:55 PM

Ce fut un poste très agréable. Dans l'idée que je souhaite mettre en écrit, comme cette fois-ci ailleurs E prenant et des efforts réels pour faire un très bon article, mais ce que je peux dire que j'ai beaucoup tergiverser et certainement pas à obtenir une chose faite.

Posted by: telephone avec deux cartes sim moin cher at August 10, 2011 2:05 AM

My brother suggested I might like this web site. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

Posted by: Skin Care Reviews at August 16, 2011 11:41 AM