November 24, 2010

Thanks

wordclour.jpg
I complain, I bitch, I moan but I really and truly know that I'm a lucky guy. I have a great deal to be insanely thankful for. I am thankful for my family, for Beth, Mia and Owen. For my parents and my extended family. I am lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. I am thankful for the job I have, the ability I have to take care of my family, to ensure they have every opportunity to have a wonderful life. I am thankful for my health, for my country, and for the opportunities both provide. And I am thankful for you. Yes, you. You take time out of your days to stop by, read whatever ramblings I've come up with and many of you take the time to comment, to share your own thoughts. And for that, I thank you.

I sincerely hope that all of you have a wonderful thanksgiving, even those of you who don't celebrate it. Be with your families, remind yourself what you're thankful for, and love each other.

Posted by Chris at November 24, 2010 7:38 AM
Comments

Lol at the hookers, have a great thanksgiving.

Posted by: Meg at November 24, 2010 8:08 AM

Iamactuallyreadingthem. But it would be easier if there were a larger version somewhere.

Posted by: pinetree22 at November 24, 2010 8:42 AM

Love all the things you are thankful for, even though they are shaped like a peanut :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Posted by: Elizabeth at November 24, 2010 10:07 AM

So well said. There is much to be thankful for. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!!

(And btw, somewhat related vegetarian anecdote: my husband and I were in Whole Foods last night and I was totally tempted to buy one of those Field Roast/Tofurkey vegetarian turkey imitation dinner things. Even though I am not veg. and we already bought two humanely raised local amish organice fresh-never-frozen whatever whatever etc turkeys at home. I got kiboshed, but for some reason I've got it in my head that I need to have one. Have you ever had one? Maybe next year!)

Posted by: Caitlin at November 24, 2010 10:14 AM

And WOW is that some horrible grammar and spelling. In my zeal for Fake Meat, all linguistic decorum went right out the window. SAHRRY.

Posted by: Caitlin at November 24, 2010 10:16 AM

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Posted by: Heather at November 24, 2010 11:17 AM

I'm very thankful, as always, for the Fish-Cactus family. Please give your family an extra kiss and hug from Alektra and the Boy.

Posted by: alektra at November 24, 2010 11:47 AM

Been cooking since 7:00 a.m. or so and just now trying for coffee and email.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day. We will be only 5 and I'm more used to cooking for a couple of dozen so it will be interesting to say the least. We may still be eating leftovers this time next week.

Posted by: Ann Elizabeth Adams at November 24, 2010 12:20 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for Rude Cactus to brighten my day or make me think!!

Posted by: Krush at November 24, 2010 1:19 PM

A very Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and yours. Thanks for entertaining us with the Fish Cactus family antics throughout the year. I am thankful you keep coming back to us. I feel like a cybergrandma to your kids and wouldn't have it any other way. Hugs and grandma kisses all around.

Posted by: Trish V at November 24, 2010 1:21 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, Chris!

Posted by: Emily at November 24, 2010 2:04 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the clan! Don't forget to teach the wee ones about the magic of the wishbone in the turkey; two people hold on to it and pull, whoever gets the larger part gets a wish ( like two men enter, one man leaves, but with bird carcasses )!

Posted by: metawizard at November 24, 2010 2:37 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to the whole clan. I'm mostly thankful for a loving family.

Posted by: One Mom's Opinion at November 24, 2010 5:33 PM

happy thanksgiving, chris!

Posted by: sarah at November 25, 2010 9:47 PM

Chris,
I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! You really are blessed with an incredible family...something I hope to have in my next lifetime. It truly is a special gift.

Jessica