December 13, 2010

Ye Of Little Faith

After I posted the mock-up for our annual Christmas card a while back, I got the definite impression a lot of you thought I was kidding. I received a lot of comments and emails saying that the picture was hilarious and that we really should do it. Well, my friends, it was always our intention to do just that. Without further ado, I give you the Official 2010 Cactus-Fish Christmas Card:

christmas%20card_resize.jpg

Now, since there are a whole hell of a lot of you and cards - not to mention postage - are expensive combined with the fact that I'm not licking that many envelopes, I hope you will each consider the above your very own personal Christmas card direct from me to you. All kidding aside, I do wish all of you and your families a very merry holiday season. And a silly one too.

Do you send out cards?

Posted by Chris at December 13, 2010 6:57 AM
Comments

I absolutely love this card. I love any photo that shows your actual personality. I send cards every year along with a newsletter. I know some people hate newsletters, but I have lots of friends and family who tell me they look forward to mine and I enjoy doing it.

Posted by: Annie at December 13, 2010 7:48 AM

I am actually hoping to get one from your lovely wife soon, but since I live in stupid Minnesota with its stupid snow and stupid collapsing stadiums, we haven't gotten any mail since Friday. "Neither rain nor snow..." my ass.

Posted by: Julie at December 13, 2010 8:19 AM

I love to get cards like this! They're so much better than staged ones.

Here's what we were considering sending out. It's staged, yes. But fun nonetheless!

Posted by: Lisa at December 13, 2010 8:22 AM

I LOVE this photo! It just captures your family's silly side :)

Yep, I send out cards. I start making them (hand stamped, etc) in June/July - Need that time to make sure I have enough!

Posted by: Kellie at December 13, 2010 8:26 AM

That is a great picture!
I send out a picture card every year - started when our son was 4 months old so everyone in Conn. could see him (us) and later so all in Calif. could see him (us).
Some years go out later than others. I have the picture already from an anniversary party in May but there's too many choices on Snapfish and I can't make a decision!

Posted by: NancyJ at December 13, 2010 8:48 AM

I used to send a lot more but this year I streamlined and only sent 24. But now I keep getting cards from people I omitted and can't decide if I should go buy some generic ones to reciprocate.

Posted by: Claire at December 13, 2010 8:56 AM

Love the picture.

We never send cards - I think it'S an English tradition - but if we did, it would look a lot like yours. ;-)

Posted by: LeSombre at December 13, 2010 9:11 AM

I used to do a card and newsletter every year. I got bored with it. So we stopped sending letters, and instead I've done a video slide show the last few years.

Posted by: COD at December 13, 2010 9:17 AM

LOVE IT!!!! I use to send out cards, until the wife of a friend of my husband's got all pissy that I didn't send them a card one year. After that, I said F&*^&%^K it.

Posted by: Dawn at December 13, 2010 9:20 AM

I do send out cards. It's my gift. Now that we're older, many of our friends are dying off, or sick and they enjoy the card and the letter. I am a Christmas lover so I enjoy doing it. Although I have just purchased a computer program for printing out my address labels for next year. Arthritis has set in and it got pretty painful writing 140 addresses!
BTW: I sort of purchase generic cards the day after Christmas and then add the letter in.

Posted by: Maribeth at December 13, 2010 9:23 AM

Posted by: Maribeth at December 13, 2010 9:24 AM

I send out cards to a pretty large group when I'm employed but seeing as how I'm currently unemployed - it's sort of put a bit of a damper on Christmas spending.

My favorite part of mailing out cards is creating my own mailing labels for recipients. Ridiculous? Perhaps!

Posted by: Emily at December 13, 2010 9:52 AM

I used to but now most of my friends are either local or online. My brother doesn't have internet (???) so I'll answer the card and letter he sent last week.

Happy holidays to you four.

Posted by: Ann Elizabeth Adams at December 13, 2010 10:41 AM

I love your card! We do send out cards. It's usually a photo card with a picture of Lilli. Last year the card had a montage of Christmas pictures past plus a current one.

Posted by: Kelley at December 13, 2010 11:55 AM

I do not do Christmas cards. I just do not have the energy. No one in the house except for me gives a crap, so it's just too much work.

Posted by: Brooke at December 13, 2010 12:14 PM

Yes, I send out tons of cards with a yearly newsletter. Unsure how much longer I will continue. Much work and money to do every year with rising postage.

Posted by: One Mom's Opinion at December 13, 2010 12:29 PM

It depends upon the year and if I have a good idea. This year I scanned portraits of my four beagles into Photoshop, added Santa hats, set it up Warhol style and had postcards printed. I have had lots of great comments. Not sure if I'll have a better idea next year.

Posted by: Heather at December 13, 2010 1:08 PM

The picture is awesome, but the tagline is what makes it. This may be my favorite card of the year.

Posted by: Dawn at December 13, 2010 1:32 PM

I don't send cards, however, I send handmade laminated book marks and calendars. Hopefully they get used.

Happy Holidays to you. And again, I just love your picture.

Posted by: cassie-b at December 13, 2010 2:17 PM

We sure do. Even exchanged with Beth! Your card is hanging up on our door!

Posted by: Elissa Lerma at December 13, 2010 5:13 PM

Very often I go to this webpage. It very much is satisfying to me. Thanks the author

Posted by: uggs paisley at December 13, 2010 9:41 PM

I always send out cards.
This year is the exception. I couldn't do it. Things went really wonky in the last few months and I just can't make myself do cards.

I'm taking the year off and hope that I'll still get cards next year.

Posted by: Sarah at December 13, 2010 9:59 PM

The picture is hilarious! :)

Nope, no cards here. I never get them done in time so I just said forget it one year and never went back.

Posted by: Scatteredmom at December 13, 2010 11:08 PM

i love sending out cards. you should have already gotten mine i hope :)

i like how even mia's goofy face is so pretty :)

Posted by: kati at December 14, 2010 1:24 AM

Absolutely love the card :-) Here's wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and New Year. :-)

I think sending and receiving cards is a lovely tradition - I even used to make my own at a stage - but we don't send out Christmas Cards anymore, and none of our friends do either. SMS (text) messages are the norm. The only person I still send a card to is my friend in the UK - I usually pop it in with the box of Christmas presents that I send each year. And I usually give a card with gifts to family, but that is it. This year our department decided we were going to send printed cards to the various people we do business for and to our suppliers. Each of us designed our own card to send out. It was a nice change from the digital version :-)

Posted by: Delia at December 14, 2010 2:14 AM

Best Christmas Card Ever. :-)

Kim

Posted by: mikkie at December 14, 2010 5:33 AM

Best Christmas picture evah!!

Posted by: Meemo at December 14, 2010 6:33 AM

E-cards. as you know. ;)

Posted by: alektra at December 14, 2010 9:04 AM

It's hanging on my fridge! (Is that weird?)

Posted by: Dianna at December 16, 2010 12:02 PM

It's hanging on my fridge! (Is that weird?)

Posted by: Dianna at December 16, 2010 12:03 PM