February 18, 2011

I just wanted to take a break from The Weeklies to say thanks. While I promise I wasn't at all fishing for compliments or comments - because I do honestly wonder how the universe shifted without my knowledge - I do appreciate your perspective and kind words. Most importantly, thank you for reading.

Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere. I can't promise that I'm going to write a post a day for the rest of my life but I think I can keep it going for a while longer.

owenshock.jpg

Don't be shocked like Owen. I can't quit you internet.

Posted by Chris at February 18, 2011 7:03 AM
Comments

ps.. i still sneak over here and read soo im glad youre not giving up entirely ;-)
xoxo

Posted by: suicide_blond at February 18, 2011 7:48 AM

I can't help but laugh at that picture. "Shocked Owen" should be the next internet meme.

Posted by: Susan C. at February 18, 2011 8:41 AM

What'd you tell Owen to get him to make that face? And when did he get so tall?

Posted by: Fraulein N at February 18, 2011 9:04 AM

Is it just me, or does Owen totally look like Macaulay Culkin (circa Home Alone) in this picture?

Posted by: COD at February 18, 2011 9:56 AM

Thank goodness you are leaving the blogasphere. I can rest easy again for a little while.

Posted by: Trish V at February 18, 2011 11:02 AM

Oh, he looks so grown up in that picture!

Posted by: Maribeth at February 18, 2011 11:34 AM

Owen looks six years old! Make him stop it!

Posted by: alektra at February 18, 2011 12:17 PM

Glad you're going to hang in with us.

Posted by: Ann Elizabeth Adams at February 18, 2011 3:39 PM

who is that full grown-up, not at all looking like a toddler BOY?!? Surely, it cannot be Owen because Owen is little and not at all big yet! Make it stop!! Slow down the universe please! lol

Posted by: Kris at February 18, 2011 5:45 PM

Glad you're sticking around. One of the coolest things I heard at a blogging conference (yes, I went to one) a few weeks ago was "When should you blog?" - "When you have something to say" (Scott Stratten, @unmarketing - he's hilarious and was a phenomenal speaker).

And so, I kind of like that - I don't think you have to write a post every weekday (I'll keep coming to check, though) - when it stops being fun, that sucks. So as long as you're digging it, write when you wanna, and we'll read it.

Posted by: sarah at February 18, 2011 10:17 PM

So glad you're not going anywhere!

Posted by: Lujza at February 19, 2011 12:02 AM

We all know that technology with continue to change...very rapidly. But those of you that write with passion will always be popular. Perhaps you will end up writing for some other reason but write you will.

Readers are fickled...right now your post on retirement will get you more traffic than a post about children. The boomers turned 65 after all. Keep going because you love it.

By the way I love the look of this blog.

b

Posted by: b at February 19, 2011 9:31 PM

My Lord. I don't know what I'd do without your site and Beth's, that I've been reading since before Mia. But I can understand why you feel the way you do. I have just sort of lost interest in the whole Internet. I have grad school, my job, and sometimes the Internet just falls by the wayside. But I'll still be around if you are!

Posted by: Stephanie at February 20, 2011 10:04 AM

Beauty lies in the love's eyes.

Posted by: Cheap jordans at June 3, 2011 11:30 PM

This information is useful to us.That is very kind of you to write this share for us, thanks a lot.

Posted by: moncler outlet store at June 17, 2011 2:40 AM