February 11, 2011

The Weeklies #164

The Weekly Event. Owen turned three! How did that happen?

The Weekly Read. A week ago, I had no idea who Lisa Gardner was but I am a sucker for good book deals. When I stumbled on the e-book version of her latest - Alone - for $1 I couldn't really resist. One buck books are a crap-shoot. They're either a great deal or they're crap - rarely do they fall in the middle ground. Alone was one of the former. It was a fantastic thriller that did a very strange thing: it refused to glorify murder but instead showed just how terrible killing someone - even in the line of duty - would be. Great deal, great book.

The Weekly TV. Have you watched Human Target? Because it's kinda awesome.

The Weekly End Of The Line. The last car to roll off the assembly line with a cassette tape deck was the 2010 Lexus SC 430.

The Weekly Movie. You know what movie sucked? Wanted. I knew within the first 30 seconds that it was going to be an awful movie and it never once came anywhere close to redeeming itself. What two academy award winners - Angeline Jolie and Morgan Freeman - were doing in it is anyone's guess. My guess is cold hard cash.

The Weekly Product That's Half Awesome, Half Stupid. Play-Doh cologne!

The Weekly Schadenfreude. Well there's me. I watched Wanted. And Lindsay who committed grand theft necklace. And...well...sometimes the universe just makes schadenfreude too easy to find.

The Weekly Question. You can choose any wild animal to domesticate. What do you choose and why?

Posted by Chris at February 11, 2011 7:16 AM
Comments

This is a boring answer to your question, but I think I'd pick some sort of big cat. I get a thrill out of watching them and seeing them act just like my house cats at times. I love having my cats snuggle up to me when I'm sleeping and the thought of having a big cat curled up on the bed purring is just kind of awesome! Although it might be kind of noisy too, come to think of it.

Posted by: Elizabeth at February 11, 2011 9:31 AM

Best animal... maybe a groundhog? They're pretty cute.

Posted by: Brad at February 11, 2011 9:35 AM

Okay this is my weekly creepout. I totally agree with Elizabth up there TOTALLY.....and guess what I'm Elizabeth too. Thanks for the freak out Chris

Posted by: Elizabeth at February 11, 2011 11:00 AM

I always wanted a killer whale. Maybe they could make mini-mini-mini versions? Ones that could live in a sea tank and still do jumps and stuff. That'd be great.

They still made cars with tape decks? I don't think I've owned a tape since 1991.

Posted by: Issa at February 11, 2011 11:52 AM

My favorite Gardner book is The Perfect Husband.

I want a pet Koala...

Posted by: Kris H. at February 11, 2011 12:19 PM

A Koala Bear. They are so cute, but I hear that they are pretty nasty creatures.

Posted by: Maribeth at February 11, 2011 1:57 PM

Human Target ROCKS! Seriously, I've watched it since the first show, and it is absolutely good television. Maybe great television. These shows so often start with great visuals and plot lines and then fall away, but Human Target has kept up its end of the bargain so far. And Guerrero never fails to crack me up. "I don't run."

Posted by: Candy at February 11, 2011 2:22 PM

Happy Birthday Owen!
$1 books eh? I'll have to look for them oh! I read The Perfect Husband. It was good.
I caught Human Target on tv this week and yes, it was good.
I would like to have a Panda Bear as a pet! They look so darn cute and my sister had a loved-to-death stuffed one growing up. His name was Ted but he was definitely a Panda.

Posted by: NancyJ at February 11, 2011 2:39 PM

Um, a giraffe maybe? I'm only 5'6" and sometimes I have to reach stuff that's too high for me. Maybe I could train a giraffe to reach stuff.

Happy birthday Owen.

Posted by: sarah at February 11, 2011 3:00 PM

Kangaroo, hands down. If I had an enormous body of water, a dolphin, but alas.

Posted by: Dianna at February 11, 2011 6:40 PM

He's three already? Wow!

Wanted was terrible. I even watched it twice after everyone swore up and down it was great. I still hated it. Hated it even more the second time.

I'd pick a giraffe or a manatee. Manatees are almost pets naturally though so maybe they don't count so much, the poor things.

Posted by: Debra Wilson at February 15, 2011 6:36 AM

Hated it even more the second time.

Posted by: Belstaff Outlet at November 24, 2011 1:04 AM