April 25, 2011

Easter

What a wonderful weekend. Seriously. I'm not being even a tiny bit sarcastic. We:

- Spent some quality time with very old, very dear friends and their kids
- Went to a community Easter egg hunt
- Pretended to be the Easter bunny himself and hit a shit-load of eggs
- Ate some damn good Chinese takeout
- Enjoyed the fact that it wasn't raining by actually - gasp - getting outside
- Hung out with the family for Easter dinner
- Built our own Death Star and hung it in Owen's room
- Learned how to make balloon animals (though our skills are still somewhat rudimentary)

And no one puked. Not even once. Not even a big juicy burp that momentarily terrified us.

It was nice, for once, to have a weekend in which everyone was healthy and the weather wasn't cold a wet.

How were your Easter weekends?

Posted by Chris at April 25, 2011 6:45 AM
Comments

We too had a very eggy weekend although our egg hunt had to happen inside as it was too wet and soggy to hide eggs outside. If we ever did go outside to hunt eggs hidden by the Easter bunny, my kids would probably give me a WTF look as our bunny has always hidden the eggs in the house because of the weather :)

Posted by: Elizabeth at April 25, 2011 7:54 AM

We had ham, potatoes and lots of vegetables! Yum! And this super grape salad. OMG, so good! Snowed on Saturday and bright sun of Sunday!

Posted by: Maribeth at April 25, 2011 9:15 AM

Gorgeous. Sunny and warm on Sunday, so the family egg hunt was a rousing success. Plus, the baby and I were finally over the flu, so everyone was in a good mood, with no puking in sight!

Posted by: J at April 25, 2011 9:23 AM

Most of it was good. It started to sprinkle just as we were sitting down to eat but not enough to go inside.

My oldest great-granddaughter had to cancel at almost last minute but then my son and Juan showed up from southern CA to surprise me. It worked.

Easter egg hunt was a success as was the food and PBS was showing La Fanciulla del West which I taped and watched later along with the baseball game which the Giants lost - again.

So, mixed.

Posted by: Ann Elizabeth Adams at April 25, 2011 11:30 AM

It was chaotic - but the easterbunny visited our house and left a lot of candy that I'm trying to avoid...

I could have done without the stress, but hey - I guess that's why there's so much chocolate.

Posted by: sarah at April 25, 2011 8:56 PM

Easter is my absolutely favorite holiday, so it was a great one. Glad yours was too! (PS - love the family pic in the sidebar!)

Posted by: Heather at April 25, 2011 9:17 PM

EB's hit eggs? We haven't attempted that style yet :-) Glad you had a great one. Happy Spring!

Posted by: Tera at April 26, 2011 4:13 AM

My wife took our son to an "egg drop" Easter egg hunt, where they hover over a field with a helicopter and dump something on the order of 100,000+ eggs. Muddy, cold, and oh-so-freaking-cool, will make the list of "to-dos" next year.

Posted by: metawizard2 at April 26, 2011 6:34 AM

I want photographic proof of the balloon animals ;-) Sounds like a pretty great weekend! Mine was good too - my sister came to visit and we didn't fight at all haha and I loved the Easter Sunday at my church - it was very uplifting and encouraging :)

Posted by: Heather at April 26, 2011 11:39 PM

A year's plan starts with spring.

Posted by: Diesel jeans at June 3, 2011 11:28 PM

Your blog is great. Your thoughts are also very good and i am very inspired from your post. That is why I visit this blog again and again and will come back in future too. Thanks

Posted by: jordan shoes at June 16, 2011 4:18 AM