May 19, 2011

Remains of the Day

Reason #2305 My Wife Is Awesome
Me: How would you like to go see a concert?
Beth: Sign me up.
Me: I'm joking. You wouldn't want to go, I promise.
Beth: Why not?
Me: It's progressive rock.
Beth: So?
Me: It'll be a three and a half hour concert and by the end they'll have played four songs.
Beth: Not my favorite.
Me: I know. And? This guy's a Jesus freak.
Beth: Okay.
Me: So, like I said, I was joking.
Beth: Why do you want to go?
Me: Because I love progressive rock and this guy's the most talented musician alive.
Beth: I'll go. Get tickets.
Me: Really?
Beth: Yup.

* * * * *

Frog Attack!
Owen and I were attacked by a frog yesterday. We have a pond in our backyard. It's full of hundreds of fish and, this time of year, giant frogs all looking to get lucky. Yesterday we were out looking at all the frogs when one big green one started ribbiting at us. Then it launched itself in our general direction, putting it's front feet up on the side the pond, yelling at us. This happened twice. We felt very threatened.

* * * * *

The End
I'd forgotten that the world ends on Saturday. Do you believe it?

Posted by Chris at May 19, 2011 6:59 AM
Comments

Yes, we know, Beth rocks! This explains your totally awesome kids!
The frog thing? Gross! I hate frogs!
Saturday, huh? Guess I don't need to shop for that new dress.

Posted by: Maribeth at May 19, 2011 7:52 AM

I heard a story on NPR within the last week talking about the world ending. The one big thing that stuck with me was the question of what all these people were going to do Sunday morning? Like one couple who budgeted their money so it would run out on Saturday and then they would have nothing, and I mean nothing, left. And another guy was a life insurance salesman. Isn't hypocrisy a sin of some sort??

Posted by: Elizabeth at May 19, 2011 7:57 AM

My first comment disappeared, but I just came upon this: http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/ Wish I'd thought of it first!

Posted by: Elizabeth at May 19, 2011 8:42 AM

Saturday your time, or Saturday Australia time? Cos I can let you know how it's going if it's going down here first.

Posted by: Missy at May 19, 2011 8:56 AM

Is this happening right at 12:01am on Saturday? I'd hope that the major news networks would have a live feed from Sydney to show how the Aussies are handling the Rapture prior to it hitting the States. Similar to Y2K, but on a cosmic scale.

Posted by: J at May 19, 2011 9:12 AM

Never mind all this end of the world stuff - what is the concert? Sounds like my kind of music! Plus, with all those self righteous a-holes raptured, it'll be a lot more fun!

Posted by: Mike at May 19, 2011 9:46 AM

I've noticed that the signs in front of churches are still advertising Sunday services, so if The Chosen are planning to still be around, I reckon I will be, too.

Is this Porcupine Tree you're talking about? If so, where and when?

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at May 19, 2011 10:11 AM

What concert? Will you get a refund if the world ends?

Posted by: Jess at May 19, 2011 10:15 AM

What is it with critters lately? I rescued 3 turtles from the road on separate occasions last weekend! End of the world - nah... There's a family that lives near me and they have all of the "end of the world" ads on their personal vehicles. The work vehicle of one person in their house? Belongs to Dept of Homeland Security. Interesting - not in a conspiracy kind of way, just in a "hmmm" sort of way!

Posted by: Sue R at May 19, 2011 10:17 AM

What's the concert? I have to say, your wife's a trooper. I don't think I could sit through a concert by some of the bands my husband likes.

Posted by: Kristy at May 19, 2011 10:17 AM

I hope there will be a end of the world celebration so we can have some fun! Sorta like the ball dropping in Times Square on New Year's. Let's party like its 2011!

Posted by: kali at May 19, 2011 10:18 AM

yeah so I want to know what concert too! I'm a Jesus freak so it's right up my alley.
PS the world is not ending on Saturday. Those crazies give Christians a bad name.

Posted by: Laura at May 19, 2011 11:03 AM

The world cannot end on Saturday, I leave for the beach on Wednesday!!! Must get toes in the sand one more time before the world ends....

Frogs, EWWWW!

Posted by: Krush at May 19, 2011 11:19 AM

Ugh, frogs.

About the world ending. I have prepaid for an event on Saturday night so I am a little peeved. I can't get my money back. (Please read previous in extremely sarcastic voice)

Posted by: Debbie at May 19, 2011 12:10 PM

Your wife is awesome.

I love frogs. I especially love to eat their little legs. Mmmm. Frog legs.

No, no. The world isn't ending Saturday. It's the rapture. So all of the Christians are going to disappear up to heaven. I'm a Christian - but I think this guy is a loon, and hasn't read his Bible.

Posted by: Mindy at May 19, 2011 1:18 PM

We have frogs in our yard too, but I've never seen them - they just get REALLY loud at night!!

Posted by: Heather at May 19, 2011 2:06 PM

When all the Christians go up to Heaven on Saturday, this Atheist will be running around collecting all their left behind stuff. Holy FSM - let it be true!

Posted by: Procrastamom at May 19, 2011 6:11 PM

Awww so you guys have the end of the world billboards as well on the east coast, so all I want to know is, on Sunday, who do we get to laugh at? Also, your wife is very awesome, I would like to say I would suffer like that for my amazing husband, but I wont know that until he tries to make me sit through something I did not like, maybe I am a terrible wife in hiding, we will see, except he would most likely ask me to sit through something like a metal has been show where I run the risk of being tossed into a mosh pit and I am not near as young and able bodied as I used to be, it could be ugly......

Posted by: Shannon at May 20, 2011 12:07 AM