June 17, 2011

A Little Distracted

I'm going to admit to being a little distracted. So please excuse a slight deviation from The Weeklies. I'm enjoying the internet from the comfort of my new Mac. Yes, I made the switch. Please excuse my while I revel in this technological hotness. And also I'm taking the day off. The universe owes me that after the week I had.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Posted by Chris at June 17, 2011 7:33 AM
Comments

Welcome to the fold, brother.

Posted by: alektra at June 17, 2011 8:00 AM

Okay I can relate. I have to get a new cell phone and I am trying to decide what to get. Technology passed me by, so I need to jump in and figure out what to get next!

Posted by: Maribeth at June 17, 2011 8:27 AM

Have a Happy Father's Day, Chris. I hope you get homemade neckties and homemade keychains and all other sorts of priceless child-made treasures!

Posted by: Julee at June 17, 2011 8:57 AM

Welcome to the dark side...it's WONDERFUL here! ;-)

Happy Daddy's Day! Hope you are covered in kisses and hugs on Sunday!

Posted by: cyndy at June 17, 2011 9:33 AM

Woot! Another one into the fold. I wouldn't ever go back. There's a handful of frustrating things, but they are far outweighed by the goodness. And, there's less of them than in the PC world in my experience. Enjoy!

Posted by: Martin at June 17, 2011 9:37 AM

Welcome to the dark side. You will never go back!

Posted by: Heather at June 17, 2011 10:14 AM

The Internet looks a little bit better on the Mac.

Posted by: Rex at June 17, 2011 10:43 AM

I grew up on Macs. I married a PC user. After six years of marriage I said, "Enough is enough!" and we switched back to a Mac. Aren't they wonderful?

Posted by: Holly at June 17, 2011 11:37 AM

Welcome to the Rebellion.

Posted by: Brooke at June 17, 2011 12:05 PM

Congrats, Chris, on the fun new purchase!

And I hope you have an amazing father's day. And thanks for the privilege into your home and your relationship with your kids.

Posted by: Mindy at June 17, 2011 12:25 PM

yes, welcome. it's so much better on this side :)

Posted by: kati at June 17, 2011 12:34 PM

I'm about to buy one... I cannot wait!

Posted by: Kate at June 17, 2011 1:23 PM

welcome to the dark side my friend...
xoxo

Posted by: suicide_blond at June 17, 2011 4:16 PM

Once you go Mac you never go back.
I never want to touch a pc again.
Out of the box amazing. They just...work. And they make me feel pretty.

Posted by: Amanda L. at June 17, 2011 10:44 PM

I always thought you were a mac user! I used PCs all my life until a couple of months ago when I needed to edit a movie. The pain of that experience on a PC compared to the absolute simplicity when I finally caved and borrowed my mum's mac was enough to convert me 90%, then I spent some more time chatting to my boyfriend about his mac and realised he's had it for SIX YEARS without it slowing down let alone dying. The idea that I could invest in a piece of equipment for a long-term relationship blew my mind! Doesn't happen too often these days, does it? I'm sure once you get the hang of any little quirks you will absolutely love it. About once a month I have a chat with my boyfriend about some helpful little feature on the mac that is so genuinely helpful and yet not used by anyone else for some reason - for example, the fact that the battery charger has a light on it so you know when it's plugged in & charging properly and can instantly tell that it's fully charged when it changes from orange to green (much more eye-catching than anything in the menu bar). Or the button you can press when it's asleep to find out how much battery remains without having to wake it up, I only realised how good that was when I had to wake up a couple of old PCs recently only to find out that they were in fact almost completely out of battery and so wouldn't be good for what I wanted them for for a few hours. Ooh that's another one - leaving it to go to sleep (I am assuming you got a laptop here I just realised), you'll come back in a day or two (assuming you can leave it alone that long) and find that the battery is almost exactly where you left it! After years of other computers depleting their battery just by being in standby mode, that is a truly nice discovery. Ok I'm going to stop now but I could go on all day (I still think Windows computers have a few perks btw, haven't completely swallowed the kool-aid) and no doubt you'll be able to once you've spent some time with your new toy. There are support groups online where you can rave away :-p Or email me!

Posted by: funnydangermaus at June 18, 2011 1:34 AM

Macs Rock.

The End.

Posted by: Carrster at June 18, 2011 8:48 PM

Funny, I hadn't been here for awhile but came back and re-read your about me section-my 15 year old is going into grade 11 and wants to be an IT Security Geek. He's currently picking courses and colleges, and, Oh MY!

We also are coveting Macs. I get one first. He can get one when he gets a job.

Posted by: Scatteredmom at June 18, 2011 11:52 PM

Enjoy your Mac. l've had mine for 3 years plus, and just love it. I'm planning to put this one upstairs and get a new one for my major computer.

Posted by: cassie-b at June 19, 2011 1:48 PM

Welcome to the world of Macs. I've been a Mac girl since 1993 and will never ever defect to a PC. For 3 years I had to use one for work purposes - worst 3 computing years of my life. I was never so happy to start a new job that didn't require use of a PC.

Posted by: Carmen at June 20, 2011 2:37 AM

Styish Canada Goose Jackets protect from foul weather. Canada Goose Parka is filled with 625 fill power white duck down. Pick up one in this Canada Goose Outlet store online.

Posted by: Canada Goose Outlet at November 17, 2011 9:13 PM