July 11, 2011

Flying Solo

While Beth got a much needed break from home and the kids, I did some death-defying solo parenting this weekend. And it was a wild weekend. On Saturday alone, we had a half-day swim meet, a birthday party and a dinner out. As a result I'm a little brain dead. It's actually a miracle I've strung this many sentences together without benefit of coffee. To keep tying is to tempt fate so I'll just leave it here before it all goes wrong.

How were your weekends?

Posted by Chris at July 11, 2011 7:00 AM
Comments

Did Beth tell you i ran into her in Ocean City? It was pretty funny considering we never see you guys here.

Posted by: jodifur at July 11, 2011 7:23 AM

The weather was gorgeous! Skipped a HS graduation party for a relative of a relative at home to stay at the lake, stayed overnight last night (Sunday) to be able to enjoy 2 full days and 3 nights. Now trying to get back in the groove (always tough...but worth it)

Posted by: NancyB at July 11, 2011 8:34 AM

My weekdays and weekends are summed up by the words Baseball and Dance. Either transporting to practices or getting to games. But...I love it, these days and hours spent building those memories with your children are priceless and to us are the real reason we had kids. Can't go back put those moments in your life.
My advice is to take lots of pictures
greenie

Posted by: greenie at July 11, 2011 8:55 AM

Fantastic weekend here! Carnival, belated fireworks, a birthday party, a day spent on the creek hunting for fossils, finishing it out with a delicious BBQ and a bonfire. Perfection.

Posted by: Jen at July 11, 2011 10:27 AM

My weekends differ little from my weekdays, to be honest (because I work from home and school's out), and the solo parenting on a permanent basis (OK, the ex helps out a little - dinner occasionally, takes the girls to the park every once in a while...) is doing my head in.
It's hot here in Montpellier (35°C or thereabouts), I still have a ton of work to do before I get my first holidays of the year, and I'm finding it hard to keep the girls occupied.
This weekend? I worked from home all Saturday while the girls went swimming with my ex, and then yesterday (Sunday) we went to the cinema to see "Hop", which we all enjoyed (to my surprise) and then to a fastfood place for once, so I guess Sunday was pretty good.
The 8 weeks of summer "holiday" still to come seem somewhat daunting: I'm only actually on holiday for 2 of them. The rest? Meh. It's going to be tough.

Posted by: Kirsty at July 11, 2011 5:39 PM

It was close to the temperature in hell so we spent most of it in the pool, we are a nice shade of redbronze, my daughters hair is turning green and my husband gushed over his labor of love garden now bearing summer fruits and veggies, it was as close to perfect as perfect gets:)

Posted by: Shannon at July 11, 2011 11:19 PM

Did a lot of recovering from work, which was just insanely busy. Then did a lot of drawing and chores. I have to finish a portrait by Thursday. Cross your fingers for me?

Posted by: alektra at July 12, 2011 6:13 AM

AMAZING WEEKEND. I walked 39.3 miles in SF for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. GORGEOUS scenery, great people, great cause, but holy hell my feet hurt now.

Posted by: sarah at July 13, 2011 9:47 PM