July 1, 2011

The Weeklies...Almost

I started off typing a standard Weeklies entry. I realized halfway though I really only had a crappy book to slam, a political talking head to point and laugh at, and something only slightly witty to say about fireworks. Yeah...it was thin. Why? The only day I didn't work a 10 hour day this week was the day I worked a 12 hour day.

So with that, I'm going to take the day off, wrap up my week early, and enjoy the holiday weekend. I hope you all have a wonderful, long weekend. What are your plans?

Posted by Chris at July 1, 2011 7:25 AM
Comments

We are hosting the VA State Horse Judging Team. They are practicing all weekend at a nearby horse show, and the 8 teenage girls will be using my basement as home base.

I think I should run out at lunch and invest in a nice pair of noise canceling headphones.

Posted by: COD at July 1, 2011 8:41 AM

Getting over an ear infection.

Also, saw this and thought it would be something you might want to discuss on a day that your brain isn't extra tasty crispy:

Posted by: alektra at July 1, 2011 8:42 AM

We're cleaning out our garage! Domestic duty at its finest. We may even get out the pool and drink some beer but we'll see. :) Happy fourth!

Posted by: Claire at July 1, 2011 9:01 AM

Lake Michigan - if the weather's nice and the beaches are cleaned up from the storm last night that apparently knocked down trees and played with campers like they were Hot Wheels toys.

Posted by: Julee at July 1, 2011 9:12 AM

Wedding tonight, and resting over the weekend to recover from sinusitis and ear infection.

Posted by: Maribeth at July 1, 2011 9:23 AM

We're headed to my Dad and Stepmom's place in picturesque Arnold, CA. It's an 8 hour drive, so it'll be a long slog on Sunday, but then we'll enjoy hiking, fishing, swimming in the lake, visiting ghost towns, and clean mountain air for a week.

Have a great holiday, Chris!

Posted by: Brooke at July 1, 2011 12:29 PM

what happened to Thursdays post?

Posted by: RzDrms at July 1, 2011 1:23 PM

Have a fantastic weekend, Chris and Family!

We are spending the weekend with our friends, our dogs, and one another. The 4th is my favorite holiday - and I simply can't wait to celebrate!

Posted by: Mindy at July 1, 2011 1:30 PM

Green Lantern, Transformers, and feasting for my guy's birthday celebration. :)

Posted by: Poppy at July 1, 2011 6:15 PM

We just dropped off two of our three girls with grandma and grandpa, and they're taking a week long trip to Pennsylvania. The oldest - 8 year old - is staying home with us and we're going to do fun "big kid" stuff. I honestly can't wait. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with the kid who is generally old enough to "take care of herself" while I'm dealing with her little sisters.
I'm looking forward to a quiet, fun week.

Happy 4th everyone!