August 8, 2011

Crazy Day

I have a 13 hour day today. I'm not even kidding. Here's my schedule, slightly modified to protect my superhero identity.

crazysched.jpg

Not only do I have meetings all freaking day but after most of those meetings are over I have to get in my car and drive to West Virginia. Now I have nothing against West Virginia but I wouldn't say commuting out there for a Monday evening meeting would be my idea of a perfect evening.

Is your summer busier or quieter than normal? Mine seems insane.

Posted by Chris at August 8, 2011 7:36 AM
Comments

INSANE.

My parents are here from Louisiana. We just took in a Foster Dog from New York that has subsequently resulted in us adopting her. THAT led me to an inspiration for a local program to match shelter pets up with local veterans.

So, now I'm trying to get an organization started, entertain my folks, interact with my 3 teenagers in a perfectly civilized fashion, pay some attention to my three dogs and shuttle one kid back and forth from band camp in preparation for the start of football season.

I woke up this morning and all I really wanted to do was sit on the couch and watch "The Big Lebowski"...

Happy Monday, Chris!

Posted by: Holly Reynolds at August 8, 2011 8:06 AM

COMPLETELY INSANE.

I was laid off, so I thought life would be chill, but I spent 11 days in CA, I have been trying to build a side business, I've been doing editing projects, my kids are BOTH home from school and THEN? I got a job outside the home for the first time in six years - which is a huge change. It's PT, so I'm home 4 out of 7 days, but I'm adjusting, AND doing contract work for my former employer after getting home from a regular workday.

It's freaking crazy.

And it's turning me into a cranky beast. I need September.

Posted by: Sarah at August 8, 2011 8:36 AM

Yikes! I've had plenty of all-day meetings and meetings I had to travel for, but I don't think I've ever had a day that looked like yours. I would jump out my window. Good luck!

Posted by: Tracy at August 8, 2011 8:37 AM

But dude... what are you going to DO between 3:00 and 3:30? I mean, the options are endless!

Posted by: Brad at August 8, 2011 9:59 AM

Doesn't look so bad. You have from 3-3:30 to pee or something! Be careful in the bathroom! haha

Posted by: Tera at August 8, 2011 11:21 AM

I also live a corporate IT life and feel like I haven't sat down once all year. I need a 3 day weekend ASAP!! Hope the week gets better.

Posted by: niki at August 8, 2011 1:21 PM

Tera's comment is full of WIN... Just sayin'... :)

Where in the heck do you go in WV?? Hope it was not too terrible in the end...

Posted by: Jen at August 8, 2011 11:13 PM

Mine was SUPPOSED to be quieter than normal, what with the lack of school or a job or a wedding to keep me busy, but it's wound up being incredibly packed. It's been a blast, but it certainly hasn't been quite as restful as I was anticipating. Oh well. At least I haven't had time to get bored?

Posted by: Dawn at August 9, 2011 1:26 AM

My summer has been way crazier.

And, bright side, your 13-hour day was 1 hour better than the 14-hour day!

Posted by: Poppy at August 9, 2011 11:44 PM

Daniel Swarovski gave birth to this big name we now hear of about the finest crystal in the world. Daniel was born in Bohemia then part of an Austro-Hungarian empire. His father owned a small glass cutting factory so he was not new to any swarovski crystals or glass he had knowledge of them since childhood and started his first apprenticeship in his father factory and later apprenticed with other places as well to gain a better experience. Attending an Electrical Exhibition in Vienna for the first time he indulged with electricity and wanted to invent a machine that could efficiently cut glass. In collaboration with his financiers Armand Kossman and brother-in-law Franz Weis started his crystal empire. From there swarovski necklace got his first market when crystal became part of evening wear. This became a success because Swarovski had moved from bohemia to Wattens which was place sufficient to provide enough hydroelectricity to run the heavy duty cutting machinery and market here was a good start without any powerful competitors. swarovski sale is part of every woman possession no girl or woman would be detached from the craze of jewelry but as in ancient time jewelry was only an essential part of royalty to wear or for the riches.

Posted by: swarovski sale at August 10, 2011 6:12 AM