September 19, 2011

Drama Queen

She got the part!

Maybe I should back up a little.

A while ago Mia had a friend who somehow ended up in a local community theater production. She was a little jealous but most of all curious how she, too, could do the same thing. Now, this didn't surprise her mother and I. She's always had a flair for the dramatic. This is, after all, the girl who got up and did a whole number built around I Cain't Say No from Oklahoma two Christmases ago. We did our homework, looked into the process and, on Saturday, Beth and Mia both auditioned for the next production.

On Saturday night they called. They both made it. Rehearsals start this week.

We appreciate our privacy so I won't comment on the production but the I can say that the call was shocking because of the part they offered Mia. It's not a large part but it is incredibly pivotal.

I know what this sounds like and I promise you we are as far from being stage parents as Michele Bachman is from an IQ score greater than her shoe size. This was Mia's call from the beginning. And it completely fits with her personality. She's going to knock 'em dead and be back for more. And we're going to sit in the audience adoringly.

Posted by Chris at September 19, 2011 9:09 AM
Comments

I loved community theater and had a great time as a kid. I was in both the King and I and The Sound of Music before the age of 8!
Congratulations to Mia!!! Oh yes, and Beth too!

Posted by: Maribeth at September 19, 2011 9:37 AM

Enjoy every moment! She'll love it.

Posted by: Charmedone17 at September 19, 2011 9:48 AM

How wonderfully exciting! I hope that there will be pictures. :o)

Posted by: Emily at September 19, 2011 10:05 AM

Cool! I hope we can find out a bit afterwards and see some pictures, but I'm sure Mia will rock it! :D And Beth too, of course - I actually missed that part until I saw maribeth's comment haha.

Posted by: Heather at September 19, 2011 12:38 PM

You and Beth are way too nuerotic about your kids to be "stage parents". I was going to say Gyspy's mom, but couldn't remember her name.

Posted by: joss is boss at September 19, 2011 12:54 PM

Congratulations to Mia and Beth!
I hope when it's over you'll be able to tell us all about it and give us a clip of her performance.

Posted by: NancyB at September 19, 2011 3:52 PM

Awesome! I'm sure she'll knock it out of the park. I did a bunch of community theatre when I was a kid and absolutely loved it. I hope she has just as much fun (although, I can't see why she wouldn't).

Posted by: Dawn at September 19, 2011 9:33 PM

that's fantastic! SO exciting for her! I hope you feel comfortable to share what the show and role are/were after the show is over and we can no longer stalk you! (just kidding.)

Posted by: chalica at September 19, 2011 9:43 PM

Hey, that's great! Congrats to her.

Posted by: seeking elevation at September 19, 2011 10:31 PM

You just never know what babies will turn into!

Champion swimmer and stage actress? Wow!

Posted by: Heather at September 20, 2011 8:48 AM

Go Mia! Ok, there's a part of me that's nursing my own wound as I read this post, because my daughter too has always had a flair for the dramatic. Both Jens and I majored in Theatre, so I guess I kind of assumed that Kaelin would naturally fall into the theatre roll, so to speak.

No such luck. She wants no part of it. She's afraid she'll be too shy (what???). Instead, she's totally into the kindergarten science club. I'm starting to think she was switched at birth.

Posted by: Amy at September 20, 2011 10:41 PM

The NFL Jerseys Cheap are gems from this pure and innocent past, who would like to buy jerseys, I will help you find out some locations where you can buy in low pirce and high quality.Both online and in the physical walk-in sporting goods stores is good choice. Before you send your friend Authentic Nfl Jerseys,you must konw which team they like, which team player they love, so that you can choose the right numbert jerseys that They will like.So how to get these brands of these NFL Jerseys Wholesale in a cheap price has become a problem which has a good knowledge about the concept of content management on each and every industry.If they go with a quality manufacturer that is selling at the right price,Packers Jerseys should be more popular in all the store.

Posted by: youth jerseys at September 24, 2011 3:39 AM