October 24, 2011

Fall Rocks

This weekend was about 352 shades of kick ass. It was busy but it really and truly rocked.

Saturday was a marathon. It started at 9:00 with Mia's t-ball game. And that was followed quickly by a parade, lunch with grandma and a football game. Then Beth and Mia had tickets to a show while I put a very tired little boy to bed. Though Owen was tired, that didn't stop him from waking up at 4:20 on Sunday morning. He went back to sleep. I didn't. Which is why I napped until 10:00 after which we all headed to the country and did all kinds of fall things. Like corn mazes, hayrides and the like.

For some reason it hasn't truly felt like fall until now. I realize what fall means - in a few short weeks, the cold will descend, the leaves will be gone, and we'll all be watching the weather to see how much snow is coming. But as much as I miss summer, the fall couldn't be more welcome.

And you? Happy fall's here or just dreading the inevitable winter?

Posted by Chris at October 24, 2011 7:03 AM
Comments

All I want to do is carve pumpkins. That's all.

Posted by: alektra at October 24, 2011 7:41 AM

For me, Autumn totally rocks! I love the leaves, the food, the fresh apples and a fire in the hearth!

Posted by: Maribeth at October 24, 2011 10:28 AM

I am SO looking forward to fall. I still have the a/c running in the house, and I'm ready for that to be turned off for the season. Seems to me this summer has dragged on a bit too long; I'm ready for some cool weather.

Posted by: bacioni at October 24, 2011 10:37 AM

I like fall - sweater weather is rad :) I'm not super keen on winter, especially since around here it means a whole lot of WET wet rain :P (Yes, as opposed to the dry kind! :P )

Posted by: Heather at October 24, 2011 2:00 PM

Fall is my very favorite season of all, and it's starting to feel like fall in the desert now, with lows getting into the high 50s at night now. Cooler, shorter days. Every thing is blooming again after a sweltering summer.

I don't dread winter. Winter in the desert isn't too terrible, and I love heading up to the mountains on weekends to enjoy the snow. I dread the summer.

Posted by: Mindy at October 24, 2011 5:34 PM

I am so much dreading winter that it makes my stomach hurt to think about it. Cold, snow, wind chills, sleet, freezing rain, yuck.

Posted by: Carey at October 24, 2011 7:37 PM

Autumn only arrived for real yesterday - we still had 30°C last week. Now, it's grey, raining, windy and COLD. I must admit that one of the reasons I fled my native Britain (and, later, Paris) was the weather: I loathe winter, fiercely loathe it, and heading to the south of France seemed like the best solution. In reality, winters here can still be cold (frequently below 0°C), but not usually wet (except October!) and not usually very long (spring will hit at the end of February). I still dislike autumn, of course - clocks going back, damp air, end of summer - but not as much as when I was a student in NE Scotland for 4 years, where it was dark by 3.30 pm and there was seemingly pereptual horizontal rain coming in off the North Sea. Can't wait for spring, though!

Posted by: Kirsty at October 25, 2011 12:52 AM