October 7, 2011
The Weeklies #189
The Weekly Beer. Speakeasy Big Daddy IPA.
The Weekly Awesomeness. I love that the marching band from the high school behind my house has taken up playing Back in Black and Born This Way.
The Weekly Read. I'm most of the way through a book that I've absolutely devoured. But I'm not quite ready to talk about it yet. Hold yourselves in readiness.
The Weekly Music. I joked last week about the Metallica + Lou Reed project and how absolutely horrid it sounded. Apparently I'm not alone. Here are some quotes from fans about the single:
- "What the hell is this a joke?"
- "Think twice about releasing this album."
- "What were they thinking?"
- "I had to give it one star but in actuality it deserves no more than zero stars."
- "Worst. Song. Ever."
- "Love Metallica and Lou Reed is a beast in his own right...but seriously...this was not a good idea."
- "There are no words to describe how awful this sounds. Are you kidding me? You couldn't pay me to listen to this again."
- "They should have called this album Killing Our Careers."
I believe you get the picture.
The Weekly Other Shitty Music (Or, Oh How The Mighty Have Fallen). Check out the Guns N' Roses performance of Welcome To The Jungle from the Rock In Rio 2011 show. You'll realize in the first five seconds that they suck but hang in until minute 2:10 when you can see the impacts of performing a guitar solo with a stormtrooper helmet on. Hint: it's not good.
The Weekly Sadness. Steve Jobs. I'm still sad about it.
The Weekly Show I Don't Want To Like But Do. X Factor.
The Weekly Schadenfreude. Oh Hank Williams. You didn't think you'd just casually compare Obama to Hitler and not suffer some consequences, did you? Normally the best I could imagine ESPN doing as punishment was making someone sit through a 1982 Oilers game but they chose to fire his ass instead. Baseball season is almost over. Basketball doesn't seem like Hank's kind of sport. Are you ready for some table tennis has a nice ring to it.
The Weekly Question From Owen. Owen has quite a list including how does the Hulk get out of carbonite and many other musings about superheroes. You should just listen for yourself...download or listen below.