November 28, 2011

10 Things I Am NOT Thankful For

The holiday was great. Lots of time spent with family and just geting to hang out together. And, like I mentioned last week, I have a lot of things to be thankful for. But there's a flip side to that coin. In lieu of an incredibly poignant post or recap of the long holiday weekend which I am not currently capable of, I give you this, the 10 Things I Am Not Thankful For.

1. The Capital Beltway, an 8-lane terror-filled ride around Washington DC
2. My sleep number bed. I can't get comfortable. My sleep number is apparently something like 358 and the thing only goes up to 100
3. Pepper spray
4. Cyber Monday
5. The rate at which the gazillion dollar two year old playhouse in the backyard is decaying for no apparent reason
6. Some of the photoshop work I did populating old movie posters with my in-laws. Some worked well (like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly) while others didn't (Doctor Zhivago)
7. Herman Cain
8. The five extra pounds I've gained over the last four days
9. Re-entry into the real world and the week ahead
10. The post-Thanksgiving cold my kids kindly donated

How were your holidays? And what are you not thankful for?

Posted by Chris at November 28, 2011 7:19 AM
Comments

Our Thanksgiving was very laid back, as usual. Glad you had a good one too. One of the highlights was going to see the new muppets movie over the weekend. If you haven't gone yet, you must!!

I'm not at all thankful for Mondays or 5 day work weeks. Or calories, definitely not calories.

Posted by: Elizabeth at November 28, 2011 8:05 AM

I second the Muppet Movie. Excellent.

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Me, I'm thankful for my family. I'm not thankful for the 9 hour drive there and back, nor Mondays. Especially work Mondays with 4 days of work following.

Posted by: cyndy at November 28, 2011 9:50 AM

I am not thankful for pulling my back cleaning this weekend. What am I, 80?

So glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Posted by: Annie at November 28, 2011 12:12 PM

I had a wonderful holiday thanks....I am not thankful for black Friday madness and people that fight over things like cell phones and big screens, I am not thankful for my tight jeans, I am not thankful for the spider that was in my daughters bed and bit her giving her an allergic reaction that made her look like she had the measles, and lastly unruly Christmas lights, other than that life is one blessed moment (excluding any and all political ad's)

Posted by: Shannon at November 28, 2011 7:15 PM

We had a sleep number bed once that may have done permanent damage to my back. By the time we figured out it was the bed, it was too late to return it for the full refund. Therefore, I had to release the most powerful weapon in the world: a crying woman. My wife called the company, let out some oscar-worthy sobs and quickly got all our money back.

The thing I'm most not-thankful for: cubicles.

Posted by: Military Dad at November 29, 2011 4:44 PM

You crazy. Sleep Number Bed is the best thing since sliced bread. And my sleep number is 35.

Posted by: Aimee Giese | Greeblemonkey at November 30, 2011 6:43 PM