November 7, 2011

Evil, In Toy Form

A small, homemade video for your viewing pleasure this Monday.

Aside from the copy of William Shatner's 1969 album The Transformed Man, this might be the absolute worst thing we have in the house. If there's any saving grace, it's that it's a piece of crap and will break before too much damage is done. Either that or it will be forgotten about by Wednesday.

Posted by Chris at November 7, 2011 7:47 AM
Comments

I think you have to be in person to get the full effect. I had to imagine. I was thinking it was going to be a new Elmo-esque or Furby-like item.

You don't like soccer, I take it.

Posted by: alektra at November 7, 2011 7:54 AM

Oh, but the intro was FANTASTIC.

Posted by: alektra at November 7, 2011 7:55 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that looks like a spinning boob?

I got a soccer ball/bunny for Easter from my damn, ahem-I mean dear, husband that plays the same song ad infinitum. Strangely, it has gone missing...

Posted by: Elizabeth at November 7, 2011 8:07 AM

Spinning boob. You're not the only one, Elizabeth. Thanks for joining me in my dark little place. I thought I was alone too.

The "song" is also used by the Montreal Canadiens' fans. Pretty sure that's not the most annoying thing ever. I've had a lot of toys "disappear" in my three-kid time for that reason. That one, like you say, I'd just wait out. (a) The good news is that as they get older, generally the annoying-ness decreases. (b) The bad news is that when (a) is not followed, they definitely notice that something's missing.

Posted by: harmzie at November 7, 2011 11:47 AM

I was going to say it looked like a rotating breast, but spinning boob works too!

Posted by: Alison at November 7, 2011 1:25 PM

It made me think of whirling dervishes.

Posted by: Jaime at November 7, 2011 1:26 PM

A huge thank you to Elizabeth and harmzie, who make me feel much better to my first reaction of "Why would anyone make a spinning boob that lights up and sings?" Love the intro.

Posted by: Susan at November 7, 2011 1:26 PM

Kill it with fire.

Posted by: Emily at November 7, 2011 1:35 PM

Yes. Kill it. By any means possible.

Posted by: Allan at November 7, 2011 3:14 PM

Elizabeth & Harmzie & Alison: me three on the spinning boob.

Posted by: oakley at November 7, 2011 3:31 PM

Definitely a spinning, lighting-up, singing boob. No doubt.
And I can I just add that I find Zhu Zhu pets to be way more irritating (all that squeaking and chirruping; going silent only to start up again when you least expect it) and - top of my list of hideous "toys" to give small children - whistles. Yup, I have my dad to thank for that one: he bought BOTH my girls umbrellas with goddam whiistles attached. FTLOG. Funnily enough, the whistles "fell off" and "got lost" remarkably quickly. Who the hell needs a whistle on an umbrella?!

Posted by: Kirsty at November 7, 2011 6:42 PM

That is all kinds of awesome! Mostly because it is at your house and not mine.

Posted by: Allison at November 7, 2011 9:59 PM

It does not look especially durable, it could easily disappear or break in an "accident"

Posted by: Shannon at November 8, 2011 1:06 AM

See, the opening got me thinking of a prototype Death Star. And like the Death Star, it too needs to be destroyed.

Although, my nieces' birthdays are coming up, they're going to be 3, think they'd like one of these?

Posted by: Foggy Dew at November 8, 2011 10:49 AM

I think I can beat that--we have a panda that rides a tricycle in circles to the tune of the Beverly Hills Cop theme song.

Posted by: Jenn at November 8, 2011 11:33 AM

LMAO! I like that thinga-ma-jig. I laughed through the whole clip. It is hilarious.

Posted by: Leilani at November 9, 2011 5:18 PM