November 17, 2011

Toothbrushes

Take a minute and look at the picture. How many toothbrushes do you see?

I did a hard-target search of every bathroom in the house. Total toothbrushes? Eight. Beth and I each have one, the fancy electric variety. But for some reason the kids need three. Each. Superheroes are well-represented by Spiderman and Captain America. Wall-e and Eva make an appearance as does Hello Kitty. More old-school though suction-cupped brushes round out the lineup.

I'm not sure how many toothbrushes we need. Eight, apparently.

Posted by Chris at November 17, 2011 6:57 AM
Comments

I was so confused when you said eight, because I counted six. Look out, dudes Owen's age are attached to their toothbrushes. The first argument I won with my mom was what color my toothbrush at day care was. I was two.

Posted by: alektra at November 17, 2011 8:03 AM

Is the wrong that I really want the Captain America toothbrush?

Posted by: J at November 17, 2011 10:31 AM

My roommate's toothbrushes are multiplying. When a second one turned up in her cup, I figured her boyfriend now had one at our house. But this morning there were three...

Posted by: Judy at November 17, 2011 12:27 PM

I don't have this problem with toothbrushes, but bottles of shampoo, now that is a different story!

Posted by: Delia at November 17, 2011 2:54 PM

we usually average 8 - 10 for a family of four...

Posted by: jackie at November 17, 2011 3:08 PM

No lie, my daughter walked by and saw that photo and asked why there was a picture of all their (here and her brother) toothbrushes.

Posted by: Jen at November 17, 2011 9:34 PM

Nothing wrong with teaching kids to have good oral hygiene. Had to laugh as my Lil Dude's bathroom sink sports the exact same two soap dispensers. He has two spin type toothbrushes--Thomas The Engine and Mater from Cars. We are trying to get him use to the idea of a Sonicare but haven't had much luck. He'd be most envious of the Wall-E and Hello Kitty brushes. May your kids never have to deal with cavities!

Posted by: Mutt at November 18, 2011 12:09 AM

We have that same Wall-e toothbrush.

My husband and I have one toothbrush each, but our kids seem to have about three apiece. My 3 YO has two, one electric and one regular, because he goes back and forth. My daughter has 1, an electric, but my stepkids have piles. It makes me crazy.

Posted by: Brooke at November 18, 2011 12:39 PM