December 8, 2011

Three Reasons I'm Not Easy To Live With

I'm not easy to live with. We've talked about this before but in a more general sense. Today, I've got specifics.

Reason 1: Beer
Last night, Beth told me she'd run by the beer store to pick some up since we're running low. She asked for a list. I provided her the following.

Big ass Boxes:
- Sierra Nevada - Torpedo
- Starr Hill - Northern Lights
- Whatever - Loose Cannon

Sixpack:
- Port City - Monumental IPA
- Dogfishead - 60 Minute IPA

Bad Beer You Shouldn't Get:
- Miller Genuine Draft
- Schlitz Malt Liquor
- Pabst Blue Ribbon

People Who Wear Sweaters:
- Bill Cosby
- Mr. Rogers

I can apparently make nothing either easy or straightforward.

Reason Two: My Jacket
Beth thinks she has to tell me too many times about something, like I'm not listening. I am listening. Really. But it's true - she has to repeat herself way too much. This is because my brain can no longer hold on to any fact. Like my jacket. For a week - seriously - I couldn't find my jacket. It was nowhere. Not my car, not the closet, not Beth's car, not anywhere in the house. As it turned out I left it at work on the back of a chair.

Reason Three: My Food Thing
I have a weird food thing. I can't eat leftovers. Things must be fresh. If it's been in the refrigerator for longer than a week - provided it is some sort of foodstuff which does not come individually wrapped - I will not eat it.

These are three reasons I am not easy to live with. And why my wife deserves a great amount of sympathy.

How are you difficult to live with?

Posted by Chris at December 8, 2011 7:20 AM
Comments

I get sick a lot. Like I am today! Ugh. Crawling back into bed.

Posted by: alektra at December 8, 2011 7:56 AM

There's not enough time in the universe for me to explain why I am difficult to live with. I guess I can sum it all up by saying that I'm a control freak. Why my husband puts up with me, I'll never know!

I have to say though that I do not understand you people who won't eat leftovers! That is just crazy. :)

Posted by: Elizabeth at December 8, 2011 8:02 AM

Dude - Dogfishhead Midas Touch. Get it.

Posted by: Kaz at December 8, 2011 8:14 AM

As housemates go, I'm a good one. No chore is "his" or "hers" although we both gravitate to some more than others. However, I do tend to drive her crazy with my need to think about decisions for longer than her. I need to think about it, forget about it for a day or week or whatever, and then revisit it. I'm sure that's maddening at times.

Posted by: Brad at December 8, 2011 9:12 AM

I'm particular about somethings. Ok, a lot of things. Thankfully, the dog doesn't care.

The ficus gets watered on Sundays. Laundry is completed on Sundays - SOMETIMES Saturdays, but not often. The lawn is mowed every other week. I fold the throw on the couch after I'm finished using it.

But spoons have a tendency to live in the sink for a few days. I leave a bunch of crap sitting on top of the washer as it's the first horizontal surface I see when I come in the house so it has become, in essence, a dumping ground. And I seem to find dryer sheets everywhere. All the time. The dog now thinks they're toys.

Posted by: Emily at December 8, 2011 10:16 AM

I am easy to live with but hard to feed. I don't much like to eat in the first place and I don't eat leftovers either. Also, DO NOT mix anything in with mac n' cheese. Except maybe ham or bacon. But NO VEGETABLES. I don't like stuff (other than nuts) in bread. Raisins in bread is yucky. Bananas are okay, though. See? You never know what's going to be acceptable to me. It's easier if you just let me eat a bowl of cereal three times a day.

Posted by: Brooke at December 8, 2011 11:28 AM

I'm relatively easy going, except first thing in the morning until I've had my coffee. I tend to be rather snappish until then.

Posted by: J at December 8, 2011 11:39 AM

i am impossible to live with, and i am surprised i have not been banished as it is. i have the same brain and the same food issue as you, but probably worse. i can't even eat pizza from the day before if it's been in the fridge past noon. i may or may not eat phad thai up until the following night. that is IT. everything else must be individually packaged and so therefore i am also not very "green".

i can't stand any kind of chewing noises or breathing noises. they send me into a murderous rage. but i just bottle it up and keep that inside because who the hell can help making those kinds of noises? some people like to eat chips, i guess.

ahahahaha.

Posted by: kati at December 8, 2011 11:58 AM

Your list entertained me. I could deal with that kind of quirky in a guy, I think. One of my annoying traits is that I'm very cuddly and touchy, and of course not everyone is always in the mood for that so mostly I just end up feeling a bit deprived which ends up with me grumpy and lonely :P so that's not the most fun ever.
I'm totally cool with (short term) leftovers in some things, like chili and stews, because they're totally better the next day. Leftover cooked veggies gross me out though because they're entirely too soggy.

Posted by: Heather at December 8, 2011 3:12 PM

I'm sort of the opposite of Brooke. I pop out of bed every morning ready to face the day. I think this is great, but my wife has the resist the urge to constantly punch me until around noon when she has finally woken up.

On a separate note, did you have to make a "bad" list that included PBR, MGD, and Schlitz? I would have assumed that was implied.

Posted by: Military Dad at December 8, 2011 5:05 PM

I think I'm somewhat difficult to live with but I'd never admit that to my husband. I like to get up 3 hours before I have to be at work so I have time to slowly adjust to my day. I have to shower with only a small light on and it drives me absolutely INSANE when he comes in and turns all of the lights on!

Posted by: Jenn at December 8, 2011 7:12 PM

Such a A language like german silver jewellery business contain special diverse type. A Johnson Sabo Appeal tavern presents One thousand or perhaps much longer sorts of alright metallic bracelets.

Posted by: pandora at December 16, 2011 9:10 PM