January 3, 2012

You Say You Want A Resolution

I usually avoid resolutions. I have a hard enough time doing whatever it was I planned to do over the course of a single day. Trying to set goals for a whole year seems like crazy talk. But this year I have, indeed, set some resolutions.

1. Exercise. I pretty much sit on my ass at home and at work. This needs to change. I weigh more than I ever have which actually isn't much of an issue for me but I fell, just, well, meh.

2. Eat right. This kind of goes with #1. And I already eat okay. I stopped eating pints of ice cream years ago, don't eat meat, and avoid most things with sugar. But there are still to many times when I settle for whatever's quick and easy as opposed to something that actually has, you know, nutrition.

3. Take more pictures. Last year the fact that I owned a camera (three, actually) seemed to have escaped me. I've resolved to take pictures every day, even if they're just quick shots with my phone. You can follow my progress here.

So, there they are, my goals for the year. Think I can pull it off? How about you? Got any resolutions you want to share?

Posted by Chris at January 3, 2012 7:53 AM
Comments

To keep a grip on my weight, my health and enjoy my new grand-baby!

Posted by: Maribeth at January 3, 2012 8:28 AM

No resolutions for me. They are doomed to failure and I fail enough without setting myself up. Good luck with yours though, worthy causes all.

Posted by: Elizabeth at January 3, 2012 8:45 AM

Since I finally quit smoking (8 yrs this coming April), I haven't made resolutions. I had made stop smoking my resolution for so long, that I gave up 8 years ago...decided I wasn't going to resolve to quit smoking. I quit smoking 4 months into the year. Apparently that is my strategy...don't resolve to do it and apparently, I will!

So, I'm not resolving to lose weight, get in better shape, eat less and be happier! Oh, and I'll try to take more pictures, too!

Posted by: cyndy at January 3, 2012 11:09 AM

My resolution for 2012 is 1800 x 1200.

Posted by: COD at January 3, 2012 11:52 AM

More seriously, every year I start to learn a programming language. I know just enough Python and PHP to be dangerous, but not enough to actually build something useful and launch it online.

This is the year I keep at it and actually learn enough to launch a web app.

Posted by: COD at January 3, 2012 11:54 AM

My resolution for this year is to FOCUS. On my office work in particular and to stop spending so much time on the computer and especially my IPad in the evening. My husband complains that my knitting has gone to shit since I got the IPad.
SO, I'm working at being on the computer "for fun" only a couple of times a day (like my lunchtime right now) and spend more time knitting, printing pictures, cleaning (no, never that!).

Posted by: NancyB at January 3, 2012 12:55 PM

I always set my 10 goals. Last year was a bad year with 50% success rate. LOL. Here's mine: http://www.oakmonster.com/2011/12/29/10-goals-for-2012/

Posted by: oakley at January 3, 2012 1:11 PM

Because I am low on visitors....my resolutions are up at www.therapyfailed.blogspot.com...stop by if you want to see my "hopes" for the new year!

Posted by: Krush at January 3, 2012 2:33 PM

good

Posted by: nike air max at January 3, 2012 8:40 PM

I think I'll just go with looking on the positive as much as possible. It's worked pretty well for me thus far.

Posted by: alektra at January 3, 2012 9:24 PM

do you have instagram yet? because you should. i'm kdimoff if you do :)

Posted by: kati at January 5, 2012 5:40 PM