March 23, 2012

Not The Weeklies #1

Whenever there's a family thing - a parent-teacher conference, time that Beth teaches at Mia's school, or something special like a play or performance - Beth tells me, I open up my calendar and I block out the time. I live and die by my calendar. If it's not accurate, I'm totally lost.

Over the weekend as I was reviewing my calendar and the upcoming week:

Me: What do we have on the 23rd?
Beth: Nothing as far as I know, why?
Me: I have the whole day blocked off.
Beth: Huh?
Me: My calendar. It says I have the whole day off.
Beth: Well, we've got nothing as far as I know.
Me: Shhhh. I'm taking it anyway.

And I am. For no obvious reason I'm taking the day off. And that includes The Weeklies. So I strongly encourage you to talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you some topics:

- Etch-A-Sketches
- Things you're most looking forward to about spring and summer
- Your favorite letter of the alphabet
- Sweater vests: Chic or knitted evil?
- Things that a woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck would not chuck wood

Discuss.

(And have a fantastic weekend.)

Posted by Chris at March 23, 2012 6:47 AM
Comments

I've been watching The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, and The Girl Who Played With Fire, from Sweden. In 2010 they made the three part movie series, which you can watch on Amazon Prime for free! (Or nominal fee!) The Swedes have done a much better job than Hollywood! You can watch either dubbed or sub-titled.

Posted by: Maribeth at March 23, 2012 8:38 AM

We watch the last one tonight. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest!

Posted by: Maribeth at March 23, 2012 8:39 AM

I haven't read any of Larsson's books yet, but I'm seriously planning to. So, which way to go? Books first or movies first?

Posted by: J at March 23, 2012 8:48 AM

J...read the books, then see the movies...the Swedish versions. They were absolutely awesome and followed the books as closely as any movie I've ever seen. I haven't yet seen the Hollywood version, not sure if I want to based on the reviews I've seen.

First book - first 100-150 pages are tough...get through them and you will be well rewarded! Lisbeth is one great character!

Happy weekend Cactus Family!

Posted by: cyndy at March 23, 2012 10:27 AM

You picked a good day to be off! It's like June out there.

My favorite letter is J. It has pleasing swoops and is the first letter of my husband and son's name :)

The etch a sketch is a toy I always wanted as a kid but never had. That and a Millenium Falcon.

Happy weekend!