April 20, 2012

The Weeklies #211

The Weekly Buzzkill. Pollen. Everything around here is yellow. And Owen has been sniffing through the night.

The Weekly Thing I Wish Would Stop. Owen sniffling through the night.

The Weekly Customer Service Experience. I had one of the best customer service experiences the other day. With Verizon. No shit. I'm not being sarcastic nor am I about to launch into some expletive-laden tirade against corporate America. I called because our internet connectivity was spotty at best. I suspected the router. I was correct. I dealt with the nicest woman who seemed genuinely concerned that I remain a happy customer and told me stories of her heavily tattooed guitarist husband while we waited for all the wireless speed tests to play out. Very impressed.

The Weekly Read. Nope, nothin'.

The Weekly Product We Do Not Need. Pizza Hut in England just launched what has to be the worst thing ever invented. Pizza with a hot dog-stuffed crust. Here's how Pizza Hut describes it: "Succulent hot dog sausage bursting from our famous stuffed crust, with a FREE Mustard Drizzle." So, how long until Great Britain passes us in the obesity department?

The Weekly Tragic Musical Loss, Part 1. Levon Helm.

The Weekly Tragic Musical Loss, Part 2. Dick Clark.

The Weekly Losers. Know what happens if you're a secret service agent who picks up hookers in Columbia? People find out. Then you lose your jobs.

The Weekly Question. Are you generally late, early or on time?

Posted by Chris at April 20, 2012 8:03 AM
Comments

OMG! My family and friends will all tell you I am early! Not just a little early but EARLY! My daughter knows this about me now and plans accordingly.

Posted by: Maribeth at April 20, 2012 9:19 AM

Always early. I'd rather be 15 minutes early than 5 minutes late.
And I'm really going to miss Dick Clark. Watching him on American Bandstand was a big part of my Saturday mornings when I was a kid. Before music videos came out, this was the best (and sometimes the only) way to see a band performing their music on tv.

Posted by: J at April 20, 2012 9:53 AM

Early. And I have had the same experiences with Verizon support. I had Verizon Fios in MD and have it now in Dallas. If I ever have to move again, I will fight to go somewhere Verizon service.

Posted by: Rex at April 20, 2012 10:24 AM

I'm always early [to stuff I care about, which doesn't include my job].

Posted by: Brooke at April 20, 2012 11:42 AM

On time. Barely.

Dick Clark's death made me cry. I was rather surprised by own reaction.

Posted by: Mindy Lee at April 20, 2012 11:56 AM

I'm generally within five minutes of on time...preferably the early side, but the late has certainly been known to happen as well :P

Posted by: Heather at April 20, 2012 10:10 PM

I have always had good service on the phone from Verizon. Its in their stores that I want to throw something heavy at someone's head and then slam my way out of the building. They hire the rudest, my horrible people for their stores. But the last time I called them, I had a problem with my internet. The woman I talked to walked me through completely reconfiguring my modem and everything worked perfectly again. Love their phone reps!

And OMG! Ewww! Hot dogs in pizza? Gross!

Posted by: Deb at April 22, 2012 7:15 PM

I used to be early and then realized it was making me cranky to have late friends. So now I'm on time. Like, to the minute.

Posted by: Brad at April 23, 2012 9:29 AM

I'm pretty sure it was the "skimping" on the Columbian hookers that landed them in all this trouble. Lesson: Pay the girl, Mister Sunglasses.

Posted by: lumpyheadsmom at April 23, 2012 10:05 AM