June 11, 2012

Lips

Remember Mad Max? The post-apocalyptic world was run by those who had gas who, in turn, were chased by shirtless mohawked dudes who wantedgas? Brooding, bad acting, explosions and car chases ensued.

That's kinda like our house. Except instead of gas, the local economy completely runs on Chapstick.

Yesterday, Beth came home from Costco with a gigantic package of Chapstick. There was more Chapstick than I thought existed in one place at any give time. Certainly more than enough to address the chapping of a small third world country for the rest of its existence. And the Cactus-Fish family did battle that day for the most glorious selection of flavors.

Owen went for the fruit-flavored variety - strawberry and cherry - while Mia went old-school opting for the original black labe. I zeroed in on the blue. Beth satisfied herself with ultra.

Of course, Beth is the primary Chapstick addict in the family. Had anyone gotten in her way they would have lost an arm. Beth strategically places tubes of Chapstick around the house, her purse, her car. Anywhere she exists most often. I wouldn't be surprised if she had a couple strategically hidden in Target or the grocery store. At some point I'm sure we'll have to find a 12-step program for her - chapanon - but in the mean time I'll admire her lusciously moist lips and hold a couple tubes of Chapstick in reserve in case I find myself in the doghouse.

Diamonds? A girl's best friend? Not in this house.

Posted by Chris at June 11, 2012 7:07 AM
Comments

Hi. My name is Jenn. And I'm also a chapstick addict. I've been using heavily for the past few years and have stashes all over the house, in my purse, and my car. I even use at work. But, I have nice lips :)

Posted by: Jenn at June 11, 2012 8:17 AM

Posted by: Jenn at June 11, 2012 8:17 AM

car, purse, under my pillow, above the washer, on top of the fridge.......a few places I keep my stash.

Posted by: JJ at June 11, 2012 9:44 AM

I confess too.
In my purse, my pocket too, my desk, my nightstand, coffee table, separate ones in my travel bag. And a 3pack back up in the bathroom closet. wow, this list is pretty long :) Beth - we are with you!!

Posted by: Niki at June 11, 2012 10:12 AM

It's not just your family, Chris. My husband and I stash them too! I stash them so much that I find them a lot too! :)

Posted by: Julie Andel at June 11, 2012 12:21 PM

Hi! I work with Proctor and Gamble at DeVries PR and we would love to have you on the list of prefered dad bloggers to communicate with. In order for this to happen we need your permission to contact you. Please email me at Mgaier@devries-pr.com if you are interested! Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
Marissa Gaier

Posted by: Marissa Gaier at June 11, 2012 5:29 PM

Sincerely,
Marissa Gaier

Posted by: Marissa Gaier at June 11, 2012 5:29 PM

Same problem here, except it's "baby lips". It's all about the glide.

Posted by: Kami at June 12, 2012 12:53 PM