July 19, 2012

An Open Letter To Lady Gaga

Dear Stefani - or - Your Gaganess,

Though I believe your music to be catchy and your self-defined image remarkable and compelling, I'm writing on behalf of my four year old son Owen. You see, Owen is somewhat obsessed with you. Not in a weird stalkerish kind of way. I mean, how weird and stalkerish can a cute blond-haired blue-eyed four year old be? (Answer: not very.) Every night I'm convinced to open my iPad and look for pictures of you in various music publications. Every evening I'm asked where you live, how far away your are, and invited to drive him to New York City where he believes he would be able find you instantly and serenade you with a chorus of the only vaguely inappropriate Poker Face. I've often thought of driving him to downtown DC, pointing out some random, garishly dressed blond chick but that seems like dishonest parenting parenting to me.

Anyway, he has questions so if you could find it in your heart to answer I'd appreciate it:

- Where do you live?
- Can we drive there and see you tonight?
- Why are your shoes so tall?
- What is your favorite kind of ice cream?

Sincerely,
Chris (and Owen, a little monster)

Posted by Chris at July 19, 2012 7:23 AM
Comments

This is totally awesome and made my day!

Posted by: Heather at July 19, 2012 9:49 AM

ahhh... a budding bad romance...!

Posted by: Julee at July 19, 2012 10:26 AM

- Where do you live? New Hampshire
- Can we drive there and see you tonight? Yes.
- Why are your shoes so tall? I don't wear tall shoes, I have sore feet.
- What is your favorite kind of ice cream? Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia
- Do you have enough money for a shirt because I have $40 and you can have some? I have plenty, but thanks for the offer!

Posted by: Maribeth at July 19, 2012 10:39 AM

Love that Owen likes Lady Gaga and love that you are willing to relay questions on his behalf. I hope you will continue to expose him to various styles of music. : ) Our Lil Dude (5 ) digs The Smiths and Michael Jackson right now... but after your post I'm thinking that some Gaga will have to go into rotation soon. (Do your kids listen to any of the "kid" artists- Milkshake? Elizabeth Mitchell? Kid Bop?)

Posted by: Mutt at July 19, 2012 11:30 AM

Posted by: Mutt at July 19, 2012 11:31 AM

Sounds like Owen and my almost-3-year-old would get along great! My guy is obsessed with Gaga. In the car, he demands to listen to her, and wants to watch her videos anytime he sees we're on YouTube (only those we think are semi-appropriate). He goes around singing, "Rah, rah, ah ah ah ah" or whatever it is, and "He ate my heart, he a-ate my heart." Oh, and the latest and best thing: he takes his pants off and wears them on his head and calls it "Gaga." I don't know where he got that from, but it wouldn't surprise me to see her wearing pants on her head.

Posted by: Leah at July 19, 2012 12:26 PM

not very stalkerish, but not entirely not :) :)

Posted by: kati at July 19, 2012 4:16 PM