July 9, 2012

Fast And Furious

Let's see...it's been a while. Honestly this holiday-in-the-middle-of-the-week thing confused the hell out of me. It was hard to get my bearings. Though now that it's Monday morning and I have a list of approximately 7,516 things to do, my bearings are rushing at me like a freight train full of...full of...7,516 of things to do. And I'm a little exhausted. Why? Allow me to explain.

Wednesday. The Fourth of July. General chilling out; pool visits; fireworks buying; family Fourth celebration and cookout. 100 degree heat.

Thursday. Swim team practice; general merrymaking; pool visit; aborted water park attempt. 100 degree heat.

Friday. Swim team practice; five hour water park visit; exhaustion and minor dehydration; sleep. 100 degree heat.

Saturday. Swim meet; random errands; movie night. 100 degree heat.

Sunday. Random errands; Wii; competitive Lego building; playing with the neighbors; birthday cake ordering (Mia). 100 degree heat.

So, yeah, the past several days have been busy. And hot. They've been fantastic, though. From the Fourth through yesterday around 2:30, I was able to completely disconnect from work. It was a nice feeling, not worrying about whatever was going on and the fires I'd have to put out today. It was fun spending time with the kids. Especially the five hours on Friday floating down the water park's lazy river, watching my children discover the awesomeness that is The Incredibles, watching Mia not only not disqualify but win breaststroke and butterfly races, and seeing Owen bellyflop in the water for his first-ever swim team dive.

What did you do with your holidays and weekends?

Posted by Chris at July 9, 2012 7:37 AM
Comments

Simple...I pulled weeds in my garden in the heat!

Posted by: Maribeth at July 9, 2012 9:27 AM

I was supposed to go camping as I had to drop my daughter off in Lexington VA for the weekend. However, my son came down sick Thursday night, I got sick Saturday morning, and my daughter returned from Lexington sick.

So we had a great weekend...

Posted by: COD at July 9, 2012 10:07 AM

I am always fascinated by how people get over that fanatical heat (all the power to you all!), I just mainly stayed as close to the ac as possible! However, when work lets up, I def. would like to try once heading to a pool or the beach this summer, possibly when it is 80-85 degrees out, ha.

Posted by: Heather at July 9, 2012 10:44 AM

Cookout and fireworks on the 4th, lots of garden/lawn work (it's never ending out here and does no good, but I have to be able to say I tried) more cooking, outdoor exercise despite the heat, church... those are just the highlights...

Posted by: Julee at July 9, 2012 12:17 PM

Wednesday: Hid indoors. BBQed. Watched the fireworks on PBS from the Capitol.

Thursday: Worked.

Friday: Called in sick. Did stuff I wanted to do. Left for Brian Head, UT.

Saturday and Sunday: In Brian Head, Utah, with a large group of our friends. Had a huge potluck, went ATVing, went on a 5 mile hike, swam, sat in the hot tub, watched a movie, had a great, great time.

Posted by: Mindy at July 9, 2012 2:52 PM