August 27, 2012

Reentry, By The Numbers

This morning, after a week at the beach, I find myself back in a land where you have to wake up to fight traffic, flip-flops aren't considered proper dress for business, and I can't take a mid-day break for beer and pizza. And frankly that sucks. How'd I spend my week?

- Miles driven: 375
- Times the fire department visited: 1
- Family staying under the same roof: 15
- Family murdered by the end of the week: 0
- Speedos worn by Owen: 1 (his request, seriously)
- Times I referred to Owen as "my European child": 57
- Card games played: 15
- Card games won: 0
- Beers consumed: 28
- Calories of crappy beach food ingested: 82,538
- Pictures taken: 76 (check them all out below)

- Books read: 1
- Hours of television watched: 0
- Beach visits in excess of 5 hours: 5
- Bottles of sunscreen consumed: 2
- New Zealand-based vineyards pleased we took a trip: 3
- Boardwalk French fries consumed: 42 (estimate only)
- Times I wished for a giant salad: 8
- Sno-cones eaten: 2 (record low, I'm disappointed in myself)
- Kids exhausted: 2
- Parents exhausted: 2

Seriously gang, I'm wiped.

What were you all up to while I was gone?

Posted by Chris at August 27, 2012 7:56 AM
Comments

Shacking up with 15 family members for the week does fit any definition of vacation that I can think of ;)

My son starts classes today at your Alma mater. Here's to hoping he is a much better student as a freshman than I was!

Posted by: COD at August 27, 2012 9:21 AM

Adorable!

Posted by: Maribeth at August 27, 2012 9:38 AM

Ah, the last throngs of summer fun, but the speed and momentum of school can be just as fun I think! Minus the horrible, no good, very bad dc/northern va/md commutes in the a.m. and afternoon.

Posted by: Heather at August 27, 2012 9:51 AM

Lovely! I'll be in Rehoboth next week. Can't wait for a slice of Grotto and Louie's, and flip flops all day long!

Posted by: Amy at August 27, 2012 12:28 PM

What fun!! You need to start cleaning your shotgun now because boys will be breaking your door down to get to Mia!!! You have a gorgeous family!!!!

Posted by: Krush at August 27, 2012 12:49 PM

Way cute! Owen is sure getting big. Love Mia's hair.

Posted by: linda at August 27, 2012 1:33 PM

Fantastic photographs! Both the kids are beautiful... and the photos of Mia really show her personality. I can't believe I've been reading long enough to see her grow into such a young lady!

Posted by: Kate M at August 27, 2012 5:25 PM