August 31, 2012

The Weeklies #226

The Weekly Excuse. The dog ate my homework. No, seriously. I had a brand spankin' new entry all typed up and everything but this morning? Gone. Poof. Like magic. Bad magic. I think I'll blame Mitt Romney. Not sure why, just seems like the right thing to do. Anyhow, instead of trying to painstakingly reconstruct the brilliant entry where I discovered things like The Weekly Meaning Of Life and The Weekly Whereabouts Of Jimmy Hoffa and, most importantly The Weekly Winner In A Deathmatch Between One Direction And Justin Bieber, I'm going to go have breakfast with my kids then enjoy the last day of work before a nice, hopefully-uneventful three day weekend. But first...

The Weekly Question. Who's going to win the presidency in 2012? Not who should win of who you want to win but who will win?

Posted by Chris at August 31, 2012 7:51 AM
Comments

Oh dear! I'm the first to answer. I'm not sure I can answer for certain. I know who I would like to win, and who I think has truly failed us and should be retired and go home.

Posted by: Maribeth at August 31, 2012 9:00 AM

My son follows the electoral college stuff closely and he says right now Obama is projecting with a 67% chance of winning.

Posted by: COD at August 31, 2012 9:30 AM

Obama. I will leave the country if Mitt the Twit (thank you Olympics and access to the British tabs during that time) and Douche-bag (as he is hence forth known in my mind) win. That is all.

Posted by: Christina at August 31, 2012 9:55 AM

I have no idea on the election.

On a side note, why not blame Todd Akin? He blames lots of people for stuff. He's now blamed Bill Nye the Science Guy for Hurricane Isaac. Apparently Bill made God mad when he said adults can believe in whatever they want but that kids should be taught science (i.e. evolution, not creationism). So of course, upon hearing that, God sent a meteorological event to teach us all a lesson, a la Sodom and Gomorrah...

Posted by: Jodi Lea at August 31, 2012 10:35 AM

Obama, Obama and Obama. Maybe not quite by 67% but by a healthy margin. Thanks, Todd Akin!

Posted by: rebecca at August 31, 2012 11:17 AM

I believe it will be Mitt Romney....and it scares the living crap out of me all the way from up here in the Great White North. I'm readying my money to live in my mattress for the next four to eight years if he wins, because the economy is going to take another steep dive with the Mittstain in office.

Posted by: Procrastamom at August 31, 2012 12:34 PM

I so hope it will be Obama, but I fear it will be Romney. I don't know if Obama has inspired the same feeling amongst voters the way he did in 2008. And there are a lot of nutjobs in this country that believe the rhetoric that the crazies like Todd Akin spew. See: my in-laws.

Posted by: Lovey at August 31, 2012 1:22 PM

I think Obama will win. By a lot electorally(sp?).

I thought of you because I was going to write to you and ask that you include the lady in the park in your weekly roundup as a worst person of the week. I missed it, so I'll leave it (and my lingering outrage) in the comments instead. She cut in front of a long line of people waiting for the swings, put her child on, looked up and realized there was a line and the first person in line was a child in a wheelchair and said to her child "Oh, there must have been a line. Too bad, they should have gotten closer."

We are trying to have a civilization here, people!

Question for you - what are some jaw-dropppers youve observed in public spaces? Is there a nice way to tell someone what a total asshat theyre being?

Posted by: That Girl at August 31, 2012 9:30 PM

Romney upset a lot of people when he failed to turn over more than a year or two of tax records. Before that he had an even chance of winning, but I think it will be Obama. Hope so. And...um...Obama failed us??? He was handed a festering turd of a country four years ago. It's going to take more than four years to turn it around. Good lord!

Posted by: Rainbow Motel at September 3, 2012 8:03 PM