September 10, 2012

Why I Need A Nap When It's Only 7:48 In The Morning

It was a crazy weekend. You want proof, you got it.

- Soccer games abound! Owen had his first soccer game first thing Saturday morning. It's pretty awesome to watch a bunch of four-year-olds chase a ball around a field. Owen scored three goals. Not that anyone was counting. Seriously, they don't keep score. Mia's game was later in the day. It, too, was pretty great though it got called after the first fifteen minutes on account of the big-ass storm that moved its way through the area Saturday afternoon.

- Rides! On Sunday, we took the kids to a local amusement park. And by local I mean sit through DC area traffic for an hour and a half each way. Aside from the commute, it was fun. The kids had a great time. By the time we got home last night, everyone was wiped.

- International travel! We didn't go anywhere but my in-laws just returned from Germany (they were not, thankfully, wearing lederhosen) and my folks took off for Paris.

- Reclaiming the kitchen! Our kitchen is 80% done. The barriers preventing use of basically the entire first floor came down and though we can't really use the kitchen at all, it feels a hell of a lot better that we can at least walk through it. T-minus four days and counting. There will be pictures. And, perhaps, champagne.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go make some coffee and figure out exactly how many conference calls I have today.

What were your weekend all about?

Posted by Chris at September 10, 2012 7:48 AM
Comments

Same - well, not really. My kitchen is fine (altho it needs a good scrubbing and my cupboards need to be cleaned good) and no one I know is or has recently been overseas, but I was at a couple of soccer games on saturday. My youngest soccer kid scored three goals at her game, and my oldest soccer player wished her game was rained out. (It didn't go well).
Other than that, a lot of football, and some Nascar... and then more football because of the rain at Nascar.

Posted by: Kim k at September 10, 2012 8:22 AM

We just had our living room, and a bedroom completely gutted. So I have a couch and three recliners stuffed into my dining room. Awesome. Not as bad as not having a kitchen, but I cannot wait for it to be done, because it is like a maze in here... and I need to get to my laundry room at some point before we have to be naked. :) Most of this weekend was spent inside, due to rain and icky weather. Yesterday was nice-ish so we attended two birthday parties and gathered with a few neighbors in the back yard, got our drink on, and let loose a bit. It was nice.

Posted by: Jen at September 10, 2012 9:01 AM

Cooking, cleaning and planning. I'm trying to figure out a nice 25th anniversary trip for Hubby and me next April. Not sure what we will do. Cruise or go and stay in one spot?

Posted by: Maribeth at September 10, 2012 11:27 AM

My weekend was about redoing our fireplace in a stone veneer! The stone didn't want to stick so we are only about 1/2 done and my family room looks like a construction zone with tools and dust and stone veneer everywhere!!! There will be pictures on my blog when done...please come visit!

S

Posted by: Krush at September 10, 2012 11:34 AM

So glad your kitchen is almost done. I can't wait to see pictures!

Posted by: Krush at September 10, 2012 11:34 AM

Came home Friday night to no air conditioning. Saturday visit from the repairman confirms the compressor is blown. House was 95 degrees all weekend. We stayed at a hotel but I'm ready to go home. Unfortunately, my home warranty company has me on hold *as I type* and has not yet ordered a new part. I know your kitchen isn't fit for cooking yet but can I set up some cots in there????

Posted by: rebecca at September 10, 2012 12:32 PM

Our weekend was all about socializing. We had our karate school picnic Saturday and had lunch with old friends on Sunday. Sam also got to play with every child named Jack who lives on our block (there are several).

So glad your kitchen is part of the house again. Can't wait for the pictures.

Posted by: Annie at September 10, 2012 12:42 PM