September 24, 2012

Worry

I don't like it when one of the kids is sick. No parent does.

On Friday afternoon it became obvious that something was going on with Mia. She was up all night Friday, coughing and being generally miserable. It was 90% authentic with 10% drama thrown in because, well, because she's Mia. Neither Beth nor I got any sleep.

Saturday was a mess. Mia felt lousy and Beth was on the hook to take Owen to his soccer game and coach Mia's game even though Mia wasn't going to play. I got to hang out with a very miserable Mia. She slept soundly on Saturday night and rallied on Sunday in time for a family birthday party for my in-laws. Then her fever spiked and she crashed. (Then a line to our water heater blew itself up and our basement flooded but that's a whole other story for a different day.)

We're a little paranoid about Mia when it comes to the whole breathing thing. My mind always flashes back to a very sick, very hospitalized Mia trying to go to the bathroom, rolling her IV around with her, getting tripped up in all the lines and wires. So, we should be excused when it comes to sprinkling in a little extra worry.

Like I said, no one likes it when their kids are sick.

Posted by Chris at September 24, 2012 8:03 AM
Comments

Feel better soon Mia!

Posted by: Kellie at September 24, 2012 8:14 AM

Hope Miss Mia feels better soon! Boo on your basement flood. Been there, it sucks.

Posted by: Elizabeth at September 24, 2012 9:19 AM

I'm with the MiaBean on sickness. It needs 10% drama because it's so boring.

Also -- I'm at home again, because I slept like shit and feel worse even though I did NOTHING over the weekend but rest! :(

Posted by: alektra at September 24, 2012 9:19 AM

Sorry to hear that Mia isn't feeling well. I think there is something going around as I too am home today with a sick Lil Dude. We've done two nebulizer treatments and I'm keeping fingers crossed that it doesn't progress. Hope that Mia feels better ASAP and that the rest of the Cactus family stays healthy. Hang in there!

Posted by: Mutt at September 24, 2012 9:40 AM

I hope Mia is feeling better! You can tell it's the start of the school year here - lots of sneezing and sniffling and extra boxes of kleenex around the house.

Posted by: akofaolain at September 24, 2012 9:46 AM

I hope that Mia feels better soon! Also sorry that your basement flooded. That sucks. Here's to things improving as the week goes on!

Posted by: Jenn at September 24, 2012 10:23 AM

Nothing scarier than a sick, previously hospitalized child. Get better, Mia!

Posted by: Julee at September 24, 2012 11:08 AM

Sick kids are the worst. Condolences.

Posted by: neal at September 24, 2012 3:15 PM

oh no, sounds just like our weekend, but without the soccer and basement flooding :( :( i hope mia feels better soon.

lola started her fever and lethargic-ness out at dinner on friday night, layed around miserable and bleary-eyed all saturday so we missed everything we had wanted to do. felt better sunday morning but was sick again, with a tight cough added and then woke up this morning with a 103 fever. already on antibiotics for the lung thing after missing school today. i am not thrilled! :(

Posted by: kati at September 24, 2012 8:01 PM

Ooooh yes, I remember the Mia in the hospital days. Hope she's back to normal today!

Posted by: Dianna at September 26, 2012 7:20 PM