October 16, 2012
My Son, Ted Nugent
I'm slightly concerned that my son is slowly becoming Ted Nugent. Let's look at the evidence.
1. Ted Nugent is from Detroit. Detroit is Owen's go-to city when I ask where something is or where something came from.
2. Ted Nugent suffers from hearing loss. Owen often acts as though he cannot hear me. Especially around bedtime.
3. In 2007, Ted Nugent recorded an album entitled Love Grenade. Owen...well...nothing...I just wanted an excuse to tell everyone that Ted Nugent recorded an album called Love Grenade.
4. Unlike The Nuge, Owen is clearly a fan of Obama simply because Obama is fun to say. But he thinks Romney's a robot. And robots are cool.
5. 1998 saw the release of Nugent's song She Drives Me Crazy. Sometimes Owen's mom drives him a little nuts too.
6. Owen loves rock and roll. So does Ted Nugent, despite evidence to the contrary. I mean, come on, Cat Scratch Fever is a shitty song at best and Damn Yankees, while catchy, was just Snooze Metal. Owen prefers good, honest rock like The Beatles, Bad Company, Led Zeppelin and Glee. (Three out of four ain't bad.)
7. Despite the fact that his parents are anti-gun vegetarians, Owen wants nothing than to shoot, kill and eat meat even if that means he has to hunt with a bow and arrow. Ted Nugent would approve.
I've always said that my son is a rockstar. This is not quite what I meant.
Posted by Chris at October 16, 2012 7:05 AM