January 10, 2013

The Plague

How many of you are sick? Or have been sick in the past couple of weeks? Or feel like you're coming down with something right this very minute?

If your part of the world is anything like mine, you're hearing the constant sound of coughing and sneezing no matter where you travel. Calls are going unanswered and emails unreturned with out-of-office messages popping up as soon as the send button's clicked. I'm beginning to feel like we're on the leading edge of some bizarre, world-shattering plague.

I'm going to be pissed if I wake up to zombies roaming the streets in the morning. Especially if those fuckers are between me and a Starbucks.

Posted by Chris at January 10, 2013 7:44 AM
Comments

I've been sick the past two weeks. My whole family has been sick. 60% of people at work are sick. Almost everyone on the morning bus are sick. If the zombie apocalypse comes, we'll be able to identify the zombies simply because they'll be the only ones not coughing.

Posted by: J at January 10, 2013 9:36 AM

I was thinking this exact same thing yesterday!
28 days later, here we come, ha.

Posted by: Heather at January 10, 2013 9:53 AM

My kids have been sick since last Friday! Coughing, sneezing, sore throats, fevers hovering at 103! Last night, 1/2 of their Boy Scout Troop missed the meeting because of illness! We're heading back to the Dr's today (Monday was standing room only!). At this time, I'd welcome zombies!!

Posted by: Diane C at January 10, 2013 9:54 AM

We are all sick. It is becoming apparent that we will never get better.

Posted by: Karen at January 10, 2013 11:33 AM

Wait! You've gone back to Starbucks? I thought you were a Dunkin' Donuts person. Is there not one close enough on your new-ish drive to work?

Posted by: Donna Young at January 10, 2013 1:40 PM

The reason I'm reading this on Monday is because I've been sick (mild flu? really bad cold?) since Thursday. My oldest threw up at school movie night Friday ("Worst night ever, Mom") and kept going for the next 12 hours. Good times!

Posted by: akofaolain at January 14, 2013 9:55 AM