February 4, 2013

The Big Game

I've lived in two cities during my life - Houston and Washington. As a result, the closest I've seen to a Super Bowl victory is the Oilers in the early 80's and the Redskins victory in 1991 which was only a year after I moved here so it's hard to take credit. So, when it was my turn to pick my favorite last night, I decided to pull for the Ravens. Baltimore's only 45 minutes north so it's almost like a home team with the added bonus of not having a short, tyrannical owner. Here's how we lined up:

Mia: Ravens
Owen: 49ers
Beth: 49ers
Me: Ravens
Anderson: Undecided

Untitled

So, two of us were happy. For once, though, the game was actually a little better than the commercials.

Did you watch?

Posted by Chris at February 4, 2013 6:39 AM
Comments

my 5 year old son was rooting for the "Baltimore Raisins"

Posted by: Kaz at February 4, 2013 7:24 AM

*does a happy dance* Of course I did!! GO RAVENS!! After half time I commented to mom, "I hope the 2nd half is a little better than the first half." I don't like blow outs, even when we're the ones blowing the other team out. I didn't want them to cut it that close, though... Heart attack city. My god.

Posted by: Kim at February 4, 2013 8:30 AM

I didn't have a team I was rooting for... I'm a Lions fan, so I probably won't have to worry about having a team to root for in the super bowl for a while...
I have to say, the game was a LOT better than the commercials. I was a little sad about that. I usually LOVE the commercials!

Posted by: at February 4, 2013 8:37 AM

Yay Ravens!!!

Posted by: Maribeth at February 4, 2013 8:37 AM

I'm a 49ers fan from the 80s! My second team (born Eagles Fan, feel my pain!) So I was a little disappointed, but happy for Michael Oher!

Commercials were kinda lame last night. Liked the Clydesdales commercial and the Montana Stain commercial. Otherwise, was happy for an exciting 2nd half of football and some friends to watch everything with!

Posted by: cyndy at February 4, 2013 8:40 AM

Given the relationship between the Harbaugh's and IU BBall coach Tom Crean, I didn't intend to root for either team. However I did get caught up in the come from behind excitement so I was rooting for the 49ers in the 2nd half.

Also, that guy holding the binder 28 seconds into the Deon Sanders commercial? I know him - fraternity brother.

Posted by: COD at February 4, 2013 9:21 AM

Watched it and it was fabulous, even in a room full of Niners fans. :-D

Posted by: shan at February 4, 2013 9:51 PM