March 22, 2013

The Weeklies #250

The Weekly Challenge. Getting out of bed.

The Weekly TV. How I Met Your Mother.

The Weekly Vegetable. Brussels sprouts.

The Weekly Read. I'm not sure how he does it but John Sandford keeps pumping out fantastic novels. Wicked Prey was no exception. After 18 novels, you'd think Sandford and main main Lucas Davenport would be a little worn out but they're not. In fact, they've both aged quite well.

The Weekly Overrated Human. Jay Leno.

The Weekly Quote. "The worst feedback is indifference."

The Weekly Musical Hero. Dave Grohl. His SXSW keynote address was, perhaps, one of the most fantastic things I've watched.

The Weekly Question. If you could do anything today other than what you've got planned, what would it be?

Posted by Chris at March 22, 2013 7:19 AM
Comments

This may sound really lame but the one thing I would do today would be drink a beer. But I am pregnant and have about 19 weeks to go!

Posted by: Claire at March 22, 2013 9:15 AM

Snuggle all day with my husband and dog in bed!

**So glad you finally discover "How I Met Your Mother"! I've been hooked since the first episode.

Posted by: Kristin at March 22, 2013 10:27 AM

Grab the kids out of school, stock up on kwik e mart snacks and drive to the lake to feed the fish.

Posted by: rebecca at March 22, 2013 11:38 AM

Posted by: rebecca at March 22, 2013 11:38 AM

Fly to Italy to celebrate my birthday!

Posted by: Liz at March 22, 2013 11:54 AM

As I, too, am a John Sandford fan, I would probably curl up in the hammock with that book and a fresh iced tea and read.

A local sub shop has that coke dispenser. Not big on soda, not big on my kids having soda, not really big on the sub shop, either, but dang, I LOVE vanilla root beer!

Posted by: Mindy at March 22, 2013 3:29 PM

Sleep in. But honestly, today was a great day. Class trip with my 4th grader to museums, and the state capital here in Lansing. Lots of walking, lots of stairs, and LOTS of noisy 4th graders. But it was fantastic. The sun was shining (finally) so I can't complain about that!

Posted by: Kim at March 22, 2013 11:27 PM

Get up, go to work, pay some bills, not have to go to the doctor.

Posted by: JJ at March 23, 2013 12:58 AM

How do you make brussels sprouts so they aren't gaggy?

If I could do ANYTHING other than what I've got planned? Well. I'd do... anything else. My kids are at their dad's for the weekend, and I've scrubbed the kitchen floor already. All that's left is folding laundry and I'm avoiding it like the plague. If someone asked me to go cow tipping right now, that would trump laundry folding.

Posted by: Sarah at March 29, 2013 10:48 PM