December 13, 2013

The Weeklies #274

The Weekly Antibiotic. Since I'm now on my fourth in a row, I have to admit I'm not even paying attention to the names anymore.

The Weekly Music. I'll admit it. I spent part of the day at work on Wednesday listening to Kelly Clarkson. I blame Mia. When a colleague walked by, saw my head bobbing and commented "what are you listening to, Aerosmith?" I said yes. I'm not proud.

The Weekly Fake. Did you hear the one about the South African sign language interpreter?

The Weekly Read. Breaking Point by Aric Davis was originally published as an Amazon serial novel. It was fun to swallow whole though. It's not a pleasant story, revolving around one guy who's had enough and takes his frustration out on the rest of the world. But as I previously discovered, Aric Davis is a great storyteller with a true gift. I think by this point I've read everything of his I can get my hands on. Is it a masterpiece? No. It's well worth a read, though.

The Weekly Hoarding Champion. Apparently some woman has recorded 35 years of television news. Seriously, every day for 35 years. On videotape. I'm not sure if I should be horrified or impressed. That's commitment.

The Weekly TV Obsession. Earlier in the week we started watching American Horror Story: Asylum. Now, I've watched a lot of fucked up things on television but this is the fuckupest. The cool, hip part of me digs it. The 41 year old dad part of me can't believe it was ever on basic cable.

The Weekly Question. Is all your holiday shopping done?

Posted by Chris at December 13, 2013 9:01 AM | TrackBack
Comments

//The Weekly Question. Is all your holiday shopping done?//

Posted by: COD at December 13, 2013 11:43 AM

I have 99% of my Christmas shopping yet to do. I'm a little scared by that.

I caught myself bopping to One Direction at work recently. My 17 year old niece would have been proud. I would have told my co-worker the same thing as you did.

Posted by: Liz at December 13, 2013 12:53 PM

Have you seen the first season of AHS? If so, are you watching the current season? I agree with both of your viewpoints, even not being a parent. I do quite enjoy the almost ensemble cast.

Posted by: JJ at December 13, 2013 5:36 PM

No... I'm not done with my shopping. And I keep telling myself that I have to get my act together, but I always have something better to do... like sleep, or read, or talk about all the Christmas shopping I need to do yet, or shovel the NEW 4 inches of snow that's in my driveway...
I'll get there eventually, I've got plenty of time, right?

Posted by: Kim K at December 14, 2013 3:45 PM

Have you been struck by the sinus infection from Hell, too, or by some other evil-eyed bacteria that is intent on taking over the world beginning with your body?
No idea what to get mom. Tougher every year!
Finally got the husband done though. That was a challenge.

Posted by: Karen at December 14, 2013 9:24 PM