January 17, 2014

Absence

I have to admit that I've fallen off the blogging wagon of late. For ten years I've posted almost daily (minus weekends, holidays and those rare times I just couldn't think of anything to say). The problems? Time and motivation.

I had this odd realization yesterday. It was the first time in the four months since I landed this new job that I walked into my office, felt completely at home, and was totally in control of my day. It was an insanely great feeling. I get up at 5:30 every morning, I'm at work by 7:00 and I pull in the garage most days by 5:00. The moments that aren't consumed by work are spent with my family. I'm not home as much as I used to be. That time is important and my absence has been duly noted. I get every Friday off and I usually spend that day taking the kids to school, going out to lunch and a movie with Beth and getting the kids off the bus, fitting in as much as I can.

So, no, I haven't been around as much as I used to. But I don't think I'm going anywhere. Don't worry.

Posted by Chris at January 17, 2014 7:01 AM | TrackBack
Comments

Don't feel bad, my last blog post was on December 31.

Posted by: COD at January 17, 2014 10:02 AM

I am also insanely busy at work and I have very little time left these days for reading blogs. If you start posting less than daily, that helps me, actually; this way, there won't be 20-30 unread posts from you in my feed reader when I finally get around to looking at it. I might have a chance of keeping up.

Just don't disappear completely, we'd all miss you!

Posted by: Carmen at January 17, 2014 12:55 PM

I feel like even though you've been posting less, you've been on FB and Instagram more. So while there might be fewer words, you're still very around. Plus it's kind of a different doorway into your life. It's fun. :o)

Posted by: Emily at January 17, 2014 2:27 PM

All I can say is ... good. I enjoy reading your blog!

Posted by: Lanette at January 17, 2014 3:07 PM

admission of my own: ever since google reader shut down, i have hardly read any blogs at all (or blogged myself). i use feedly now, and it's slick and pretty, but for some reason it doesn't give me the same bloggy warm fuzzies... and in general i just feel kind of apathetic about blogs? i really can't put my finger on it. i kind of feel badly about it, considering how many of my friends blog and i haven't been visiting! i also stopped pinteresting if that makes you feel any better haha. anyway, i'm not here as much as i used to be either, but i'm also not really going anywhere.

Posted by: kati at January 19, 2014 8:57 PM

Your real life is way more important, but glad you aren't closing up shop here, I enjoy reading what you have to say

Posted by: Lisa at January 20, 2014 9:27 AM