January 29, 2014

Before and After (Or, What The Hell Happened To Me?)

I'm going though a process of backing up every single piece of data I have. In doing so I came across some really old photos I shot when my blog was still a baby. Then I made the mistake of comparing then and now.

2014-01-27%2019.55.33.jpg

Huh.

Posted by Chris at January 29, 2014 6:48 AM | TrackBack
Comments

Owen's twin in that second photo. Wow; I didn't realize how much he resembled you! The blond hair always threw me off.

Silently and surprisingly, I've been really worried about your face rash. Any more clues of what's up and what can be done? I'm horrified to know that an "old" razor caused that!

Posted by: RzDrms at January 29, 2014 8:09 AM

To be fair, I still think of you as 2003 Chris, in my head of course.

Posted by: ashley at January 29, 2014 11:20 PM

At this rate, in another few years, you are going to be delivering Christmas gifts and your hybrid will be a result of reindeer power vs. electric.

If it makes you feel better, I make noises every time I get in and out a chair these days.

What does Beth think of the beard? I was sporting one over the break as well. I asked Julie what she thought...."well, it is your face, so can do whatever you want". So yeah...it is gone now.

Posted by: Scott at January 30, 2014 10:08 AM

What about cellulitis? I had a bad case of it on my ankle, and the doctor threatened to put me in the hospital for it! I managed to avoid the hospital, but at the expense of two painful, knot-producing antibiotic shots in my rump several days apart.

I also know a gentleman who got it on his face several times, which is what made me think of it in the first place.

Hope you get a diagnosis and feel better soon!

Posted by: Donna at January 30, 2014 9:59 PM

I know it has been a necessary addition but I like the beard!

Posted by: AlisonC at January 31, 2014 4:34 AM

I'm with Ashley in that I still think of you as 2003 Chris. But no more! You know, I am not a fan of facial hair in general but I think it works for you. You've got kind of a Will Riker thing going on there.

Posted by: Fraulein N at January 31, 2014 1:21 PM

A similar thing happened to me recently when I was cleaning out my computer. And you know where those pictures went? The trash. For better or worse, getting older is no picnic, but it's all the more reason to live life to the fullest.

Posted by: Tess @ Tips on Life & Love at February 3, 2014 9:53 AM

Oh buddy! I remember that guy! You're still the same just different. You can't compare pictures from 10 years ago and now. Everyone changes and if they don't, they either have very rare genetics or a very good surgeon.

Posted by: zanie (Amy N) at February 6, 2014 12:11 AM

Ehh, we all change, some changes we like some we don't, but it is the only constant. My hair has sprouted a foreign color, my face looks like shoe leather after I wash it and my under eye cream despite its claim, does not erase 10 years. But, like you I have an amazing spouse, and in the eyes of my child, my perfect child, I am perfect. It is not the easiest thing to set aside, our physical appearance as time, environment, or the unexplainable alters it, but it is the easiest to put into perspective. Anyway, I like the beard!

Posted by: Shannon at February 6, 2014 12:30 AM

Geez. I leave for awhile to finish a degree and this is what happens? I'll never forgive myself.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at February 6, 2014 8:38 AM

Ooooh Chris! It's still you, you know! And we love you! ;-) I hope they find what is wrong with you soon. Take care & hugs from all 5 of us!

Posted by: Nadine at February 7, 2014 10:01 AM