May 21, 2014

Don't Fear The Reaper, Unless...

Mia and Owen have a very strange relationship. They spend a great deal of time trying to mentally and physically outwit each other, often coming to blows. But when push comes to shove - sometimes literally - they absolutely love each other. Owen will, for example, punch Mia in the face and call her a "poopyhead" after which Owen will get sent to his room for an unspecified amount of time. Mia will often take this opportunity to make a nice drawing for Owen, or make him a present. This defies logic but, then, I was an only child so possibly I just don't get it.

I was sick over the weekend, popping a 103.6 degree fever and acting completely delusional at one point. Unfortunately for Mia, I passed it on to her (I'm a great dad). She was home sick the last few days though, I should point out, she bounced back way quicker than this 41 year old dad. Last night Owen wrote a very nice note to her.

Now, Owen's still learning to read and wrote and insists on spelling everything himself with absolutely no assistance. Occasionally messages come out a little different than expected. This was no different.

I hope you fear butter.

I've spent a lot of time trying to come up with the best band names ever. I think I just found the best album name.

Posted by Chris at May 21, 2014 5:49 PM | TrackBack
Comments

Oh that was funny! You will have to save that one!

Posted by: linda at May 21, 2014 6:21 PM

That would be a great album name! Also, you will probably find as they get older that while they will be mean to each other no one else better be mean to one of them because the other will not stand for that.

Posted by: Kelley at May 21, 2014 6:28 PM

Tell Owen I do fear butter...I am lactose intolerant!

Love that they have such a great relationship so young. My brother and I fought almost continuously until he left for college and now we talk quite often and get along rest.

Posted by: Kristin at May 21, 2014 9:18 PM

Tell Owen I do fear butter...I am lactose intolerant!

Posted by: Kristin at May 21, 2014 9:18 PM

I bet that made you fear butter too.

Posted by: dbs at May 21, 2014 11:54 PM

It's fascinating how siblings can argue or beat the hell out of each other one minute and be best friends the next! Heaven help anyone else that tries picking on one or the other! When mine start to argue, I leave them be (but listen carefully). As long as I don't hear bodies being thrown around or flat-out meanness, I stay out of it and they're usually good in about 5 minutes.

Maybe Owen knows something about butter that we don't!

Posted by: Diane C at May 22, 2014 8:52 AM

"I hope you fear butter" you are top google search!
Congrats!

Posted by: Tux at May 22, 2014 3:28 PM

That is fantastic. My son used to write his own thank you notes and I would have to email people to let them know that "osm"=awesome.

Posted by: Annie at May 23, 2014 3:26 PM

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for the laugh on this back-to-work day! That is awesome.

Posted by: Sandy at May 27, 2014 9:43 AM